TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gregm
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. Empty
PostSubject: Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.   Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Greg. I am new to the forum. The Kit I have is the Pilot 40 Boat Kit.
The hull measures about 27 1/2 inches long. Does anyonyone have proper info on exactly what shafts, tubeshafts, struts, props, and rudder(s) sizes I require for this kit? I do not have any info on this and would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.   Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Back to top Go down
gregm
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.   Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:56 am

Wow! I am impressed and very surprised at the same time! That is my exact kit. That gentleman "Barrie" has done one heck of a good job on that kit.....especially putting in detail on an otherwise basic kit. I read through what he wrote in between his photos and all the pics and info will definitely come in handy for me, unfortunately, he does not mention the sizes of the hardware he is using. I am hoping he sees my topic so that he can help further. Thank you Neil. You've been a big help already. I hope I can return the help sometime.Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.   Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:09 am

no probs greg, that's what we are all here for...............

Pm barrie for any info you need as I'm sure he'll be more than willing to help.

also size of shafts for that boat would be no more than M4....4 mm in diameter with a prop size of around 35 - 40mm diameter maximum......I have built a similar plaining boat but at 36" long and she has 40 mm props and happily gets on the plain..... see here https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/t133-ambulance-launch-flying-christine

and there is no reason why, if you don't wish to, to have exposed shafts on the boat.......a straight through shaft and tube is always acceptable and easier for maintainance

neil.
Back to top Go down
gregm
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.   Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Somehow, you magically shrunk the real boat Neil. Laughing hahahaha What nice work you did on that boat. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
gregm
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.   Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for the suggested shaft and prop sizes also. It gives me some idea what I'm looking at. I also sent a message to that gentleman Barrie.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.   Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:37 am

gregm wrote:
Thanks for the suggested shaft and prop sizes also. It gives me some idea what I'm looking at. I also sent a message to that gentleman Barrie.

Who is now back from holiday and will provide the information requested when he has unpacked Laughing lol!

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.   Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pilot 40 Kit Hardware-Help Please.
Page 1 of 1