TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pilot Boat II

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Over the last few days I have gathered together most of the materials for the next model. I've also made a small start on building, but this weather is not conducive to it, so progress will be slow until the UK summer returns to normal - that is wet and windy Laughing Laughing 

Here is the plan - its by Vic Smeed and show no provision for R/C, so I will have to sort that out as I build.

Pilot Boat II 101_0425

So far I have cut the bulkheads, from 1/8th liteply not balsa as per the plan. I have also fabricated the keel from balsa and cut the hole for the prop shaft which came yesterday from MMB.

Pilot Boat II 101_0426 Pilot Boat II 101_0427

I am undecided about the power plant. These would have been pretty fast boats, so I thought I would use a brushless motor, but no-one in the UK seems to have any 30mm plastic 2 blade props at the moment, so I just might go for a 385 with a 3 blade which I do have. I have both motors and appropriate ESCs.

Barrie

flotsam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 pm

that looks a very nice boat Barrie..............will look in on the progress of this one when I get back off hols in two weeks. take care guys. neil.
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:15 am

I also look forward to this build Barrie.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
spongie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
spongie

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 11:28 am

Looks a nice boat to build!
Back to top Go down
http://www.50001.org.uk
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:03 pm

I have now got the remaining bulkheads, including the transom, fixed to the keel.

Pilot Boat II 101_0428

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:18 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:27 pm

OK Damien, just to show that we are not all at the boating lake or in the wilds of Scotland, a little more progress on the latest project.

Pilot Boat II 101_0429

Next its on to planking. I am using 3/8th by 1/8th balsa which might not have been the best choice Rolling Eyes  I plan to fix one plank at the bulwark level on each side to firm up the model, then will start at the keel.

It may be a while before you see any more progress.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 1:45 pm

As I thought, 3/8 x 1/8 is not the ideal planking material - should have used 1/4 x 1/8 which was the other suggestion on the plan.  Crying or Very sad 
Having got one plank on one side at the bulwarks level, I decided to change plans slightly. I now intend to use balsa blocks for the bows. I don't particularly like carving balsa, but it will be easier than trying to get these planks onto the bow.

Today I started planking from the keel - two planks each side completed Very Happy 

Pilot Boat II 101_0430 Pilot Boat II 101_0431

I just hope I bought enough strips - there is quite a lot of waste as the shortest length I could buy was 36" but I can't get two planks out of a strip, unless I join them which I might have to do. I will have to go to Maldon to get the blocks, so could buy some more there I suppose.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:37 pm

go on barrie get them planks bending put the bow end planks in boiling water 2 at a time leave for 3 minutes wear gloves (I never do  lol! my fingers have no feelings ) and gently tease it round, much nicer than balsa, if it isn't quite bending put back in boiling water again for further 3 mins then it should bend nicely. hope you don't mind my comments. I use plastic waste water pipe bunged at one end and drop them in with boiling water

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Well! Its a bit like watching paint dry, but I thought I should keep this Forum alive as everyone else seems to be on holiday or asleep Very Happy Very Happy 

The planking continues  Wink 

David, I am sure that you could get 3/8ths balsa to fit the bow, but I am struggling to even get the moderate bends required to get to bulkhead one - even after soaking in boiling water. I will stick to my plan of balsa blocks I think Embarassed 

Another couple of sessions will hopefully complete the planking, then I can use glass tissue and resin to strengthen the hull inside before sanding the outside.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0432
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:25 pm

The density of the balsa plays a part in bend ability I remember back in the 70's customers going through boxes of balsa to find the lightest and straight grained Balsa that was best suited for steaming or water soaking prior to molding around bulkheads and formers.
It annoyed me as they'd sometimes spend hours and only buy 1 or 2 sheets and my boss got real angry.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:03 am

This was supposed to medium density balsa, but it doesn't want to bend  Sad  - I really must stop trying to use the stuff as I don't get on well with it. Back to plastic for the next model  Smile 

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Well, the basic planking is finished. It wont win any prizes, but with filler and lots of sandpaper I think it will be OK. I may even cover it with tissue before the resin.

Pilot Boat II 101_0433

I have also started on strengthening the inside with resin and glass tissue. Another coat of resin will be required I think.

Pilot Boat II 101_0434

Given the weather forecast for Sunday, I think I should get the inside finished - we are due to get Bertha in this area - so no sailing for me Laughing 

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:20 am

Batten down the hatches and stay safe Matey.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 am

The inside is now finished and I started on some filling.
Pilot Boat II 101_0435

I was going to buy some balsa blocks for the bow, but the petrol to collect it would have cost more than the balsa, so I used some 1/2 inch sheet that I had to fabricate the bow.

I started rubbing down the hull, then fixed the blocks - waiting for the glue to dry now Wink 

The hull looks a slightly strange shape - more filler required I think Rolling Eyes 

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0436 Pilot Boat II 101_0437
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:29 pm

better than my planking Barrie.............that's why I always make a grp mould out of them. neil
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am

The bow blocks have now been sanded - not sure if they are quite right yet - and more filler applied to the hull. Another session of sanding should get it close to the final shape. My plan then is to apply resin and tissue.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0438
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:56 am

Coming along nicely Barrie.  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 1:01 pm

After more sanding and filler, the hull is looking better. Today I started covering it with resin and tissue. I am using Eze Kote which is a water based resin which is more economical on brushes as you can wash them out in water Laughing  Unfortunately I didn't have enough resin so will have to wait for a delivery - maybe tomorrow.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0439 Pilot Boat II 101_0510
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 12:37 pm

The resin arrived yesterday so I was able to finish applying the tissue and today I trimmed off the excess and applied another couple of coats all over. Tomorrow (I hope) I will start rubbing down with wet and dry, then apply a final coat of resin, before painting. That will show me all the holes that need filling I've no doubt.  Wink 

The hull now feels quite strong and light weight, so I'm quite pleased really, although its a kit for me next  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing  Razz 

I sold a couple of boats at a local auction house on Saturday, so funds are available Very Happy  Very Happy 

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0511 Pilot Boat II 101_0512
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Looking good Barrie.  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm

that looks great..........lovely finish to it.
neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:30 pm

I managed to find time to rub down the hull yesterday and decided that it didn't need another coat of resin, so today I gave it a coat of primer to see how bad it was. I fact it was pretty good, and other than just a few blemishes, I decided it was best to leave it as attempting to fill it would probably make things worse  Surprised 

I have now made a stand for it, although it requires some adjustment. I've also fixed the propshaft and started making the motor mount. I have cut out the rudder blade from brass sheet, and sorted out the material for the shaft and tube. I also have the deck roughly cut out, but I need to work out where the openings go! I obviously also need to finish fixing the inside before the deck goes on Rolling Eyes 

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0513 Pilot Boat II 101_0514
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:57 am

That looks very smart.  Thumbup   Well worth the effort.

Cheers

ken
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:17 pm

I completed the motor mount - I can't remember an easier motor installation to align - famous last words Laughing  I have also mode a battry box and holders for the ESC and Rx. I have fitted a fuse in the motor leads and it just needs the wiring completing and tidying up.
Finally I have fitted the rudder tube. Just need to make a tiller arm and fix the servo, then onto fixing the deck.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0516 Pilot Boat II 101_0517 Pilot Boat II 101_0518
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 5:36 am

2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Thumbup  Thumbup  Thumbup  Thumbup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm

The servo has now been installed. After trying to work out how to make a suitable mount, I ended up attaching it to the transom with double sided tape Rolling Eyes  The 'tiller'has been made and fitted. I have made the opening in the deck and the deck is now stuck down - I hope Wink  - tomorrow will tell Cool

Looking at the drawing I noticed that the hull should have two bilge keels. Not quite sure how I am going to make these of if I will bother.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0519
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:53 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:02 pm

The deck has now been trimmed and the few gaps between hull and deck filled ready for sanding. I have enough D section foam to make a fender. I've started to cut the bits for the two cabins. These were cut from 1/16th ply and there were some ragged edges so these have been filled as well. Although there are templates for the front of the rear cabin and rear of the wheelhouse, there are none for the front of the wheelhouse Crying or Very sad
For the moment I have decided to omit the bilge keels as there is no clear information on their location.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0520 Pilot Boat II 101_0521
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:13 pm

looking pretty damn good there barrie.........like the hull shape very much. neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Today I started building the two cabins. I added some additional strengthening pieces as I thought they were going to be rather flimsy. The two are joined by a deck area. At the rear there is a well for proving seating for the pilots. This is supposed to be fixed to the hull, but as I need to provide for access to the rudder post so I can remove the rudder if necessary, I intend to make it removable Wink

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0522 Pilot Boat II 101_0523 Pilot Boat II 101_0524
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 am

Look good Barrie  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Unfortunately the front cabin was too wide Mad Mad I have had to take it apart and rebuild it. Embarassed Crying or Very sad Progress is slow as these are quite delicate structures at the moment so the glue needs to be set hard before continuing. Yesterday I wet some 1/32nd ply and wrapped it round a jar to get a curve for the roof of the rear cabin. Its more flexible than the front one so needed some some help to get the curve in.
I have started making the removable rear well, but again glue drying time is the limiting factor. I'm still not sure this is going to work, so will not be ordering the few fittings that I need until I'm happy with the fit and security of the superstructure.

Barrie

Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:48 pm

Progress is still pretty slow, but I have managed to fix the roof to both cabins, I've also cut the window frames for the front cabin - just have to fix them now Wink I think I need a different glue - something which sets more quickly and firmer than Aliphatic. The last time i tried to use my instant Araldite it took 24 hours to set so I guess its past its use by date Very Happy Very Happy I have some alternative epoxy adhesive on its way so I will try that. I do have some polyurethane glue which is pretty good, but tends to foam out of the joint, so not suitable for this job.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0525
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 1:18 pm

The new glue made short work of gluing up the front of the forward cabin Very Happy Both cabins are now complete apart from the fittings etc. The next job is to 'bridge the gap' between the two cabins. Not quite sure how I'm going to tackle this. The plans are not very clear, but I think it has to be a curved piece of deck. The whole superstructure is glued to two 1/8th inch bearers running the full length. These in turn fit into slots in three of the bulkheads and hold it in place - theoretically Shocked Rolling Eyes  - we'll have to see if this is secure enough Very Happy
Time is running out as I go on holiday on Wednesday for two weeks, so only a couple of days modelling left. Crying or Very sad

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0526  Pilot Boat II 101_0527

Sorry about the last photos - bright enough to cause problems, but not bright enough to give a good depth of field Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 1:30 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 1:31 pm

That was quick Damien - I've only just posted Laughing Laughing

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:52 pm

looking good now matey. neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:20 pm

I have bridged the gap lol!  The two cabins are glued to their bearers and the gap has been filled with a deck. I have also started fitting a cover strip down each side of the superstructure to cover the slight gap between the cabin sides and the deck. I just hope that this is going to be watertight, but I cant see it Wink I will finish the cover strip on the cabin then move on to the rear well. Its is constructed, but needs locating and fixing in the space.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0528 Pilot Boat II 101_0529
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:21 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:45 am

OK, so that's my final modelling session until October probably. I go on holiday on Wednesday and when I get back I will need to order some supplies before I can do much more. Today I finished off the trim round the cabins, and made the rear well fit. This is not fixed at the moment as I'm not sure if it needs it Smile
I gave the deck and the cabins a light sand and one coat of sanding sealer. More sanding and sealing will be required Wink

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0530 Pilot Boat II 101_0534 Pilot Boat II 101_0532 Pilot Boat II 101_0533
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Have a great holiday Barrie we look forward to progress on your return.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks Damien. Hopefully some else will start posting to keep you all amused. Its about time Neil finished his Calmac Ferry Very Happy Very Happy lol! lol! lol!

Whilst on holiday I'm going to try to design a simple little model to build with my nearly 4 year old Grandson. I made a rather rash promise that we would build a boat for him. Looking at the plans catalogue I haven't found anything suitable, so I thought I would try to design my own Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:24 am

Go for it. 
Thumbup Thumbup2thumbsupThumbup Thumbup  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup 
2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Taking advantage of the Indian Summer - 20C and sunny today - I have sprayed the topside of the hull and the superstructure. Both have had primer and two coats of finish. The underside will probably be hand painted. I was going to use the primer as the final coolour, but my masking wasn't good enough and I got some overspray Sad

The hull is not very good - lots of dents and marks, but will have to do for now. If it proves to be a really outstanding sailer, then I may do that at a later date, although I am not too keen on revisiting models. Rolling Eyes
Most of my fittings have arrived, just need some 1/16th square timber,  so I can crack on and finish it.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0535
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 2:24 pm

Looks good to me Barrie  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:01 pm

I think summer is finally over here Sad  Very pleasant yesterday morning at the lake, although distinctly chilly. Today its definitely cold and wet, so into the workshop with the heater on Thumbup
I painted the bottom of the hull to cover my overspray. When its dry I'll give it all a coat of satin varnish to even up the finish as the black was satin.
I also started work on fitting all the railings. In addition to the normal handrails, there are the extra rails common to Pilot boats. If we get another mild day, I'll give the whole lot a spray of white, otherwise I will have to brush them.
I now need to figure out the mast, and make a searchlight as I couldn't find a suitable one to buy. This afternoon I'll cut the vinyl lettering ready to apply before I varnish the hull.
I still have to paint the deck and sort out the well at the stern, but is taking shape now.

Barrie

Pilot Boat II 101_0536 Pilot Boat II 101_0537
Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:14 am

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:26 am

Last night I found that Reade Models web site has returned so I was able to order a searchlight and flag staff. So today I will paint the deck and try to finish installing the rear well. I have one more set of handrails to fit to the bow. The drawings show these attaching to the front of the wheelhouse and the fore deck, which obviously wont work as the wheelhouse has to be removable Sad

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pilot Boat II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot Boat II   Pilot Boat II Empty

Back to top Go down

Pilot Boat II
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next