TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pilot 40

Go down 
+2
James_H
barriew
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:31 pm

This is my new project. I was planning on building a Sea Plane Tender from some Adamcraft plans that I have. This was the first model boat that I built with my father back in the 50's. However, I am going into hospital on Thursday for a major operation, which I am told will take 6 months to recover from. I didn't think I would be able to tackle cutting all the frames etc, so opted for something in plastic card - my favourite medium.

I bought the hull and plans from Model Boats - the hull is vac formed from, I believe, a Dave Metcalfe plug. My Tyne Lifeboat was from the same source and I should have learned my lesson! To make a start I cut the hull from the waste and leveled the top edges, made a stand and fitted some strip to take the deck. I then carefully traced the deck shape from the plans and cut the deck out of 1.5mm plasticard.

It doesn't fit bounce Mad

Pilot 40 Imgp2372 Pilot 40 Imgp2373

I don't think its the hull that has deformed with age, because it was delivered direct from the vac formers. I realise that I should probably have made a pattern in card first, but its a large expanse and I didn't have a big enough piece of card Sad

So, first job when I re-start is the make this fit. I also have to decide on the motors. The drawings call for low drain 540s (2 of them) but this seems a bit over powered for this model. I am thinking of using two 'Black' 400s - particularly as I have one! I will be using my ACTion P94 that didn't fit in my little Stan Tug - there's no shortage of room in this one Smile

I didn't realise until I got hold of the build article from Model Boats that this is a naval craft. I think I will portray it as though it has been sold out of the Navy into private hands.

To be continued - eventually Wink

Barrie
Back to top Go down
James_H
Midshipman
Midshipman

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi Barrie

I shouldn't be fazed by the deck not fitting. I personally prefer to have something of a gap at the edge
so i can fill it with car body filler or epoxy resin. If the gap is too small I would worry that any glue has
not gone in properly so it might split later.

To deal with this I would glue another strip of plastic to the underside of the deck to close the gap
and act as a platform for the filler. Then I would fill and sand down to the level of the rest of the deck.
If I wanted to be economical with filler or save weight, I might fill as much of the gap with plastic off-cuts
first and then the rest with filler.

Sorry to hear you have to go for an OP. I hope the recovery time is quicker than you fear. good luck!
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

James, I'm not too worried about the gap - some of that will go when I pull the sides in, but there's quite an overlap towards the bows. It can be dealt with, it just annoys me that they don't fit better. The Tyne lifeboat was the same or worse.

Thanks for the good wishes - I am hoping that they have told me the worst and things will turn out better Smile All I'm really bothered about is being fit to go on the holiday we have booked for August. We've just had to cancel one booked for next week, and we missed the one we had booked last September because my wife had Bowel Cancer and was on chemotherapy. At least I shouldn't have to go through that Very Happy

Barrie

Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: The build re-starts!   Pilot 40 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Its now about 2 months since my op. I had expected to restart modelling before now, but I managed to acquire a virus which gave me Hepatitis - this was worse than the op! However, I'm now feeling up to the rigors of building model boats again. At least I was able to order up supplies whilst my liver recovered.

I have fitted the rudders and the prop shafts etc. I am waiting for some brass collets to make the tiller arms - I don't like the plastic ones supplied with the rudders especially as I need to link the two rudders. Next job is to mount the motors which are two JP pro 400s. I hope these will be sufficiently powerful, if not they make a 480 which is the same dimensions apart from length.

Pilot 40 Imgp2374 Pilot 40 Imgp2410
Pilot 40 Imgp2411 Pilot 40 Imgp2412
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 am

I have now got the deck fitted after quite a bit of fettling.

Pilot 40 Imgp2413

Before fixing the deck I carefully fitted some bearers to take a platform for the ESC , Rx etc

Pilot 40 Imgp2414

Unfortunately I had forgotten that there is a cabin floor in this model which will not leave sufficient clearance for the ESC Sad so the platform has been removed. Although this is a very spacious hull, there is no real access to the forward third, so fitting everything in with the restriction on the clearance under the cabin is going to be a challenge.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:58 am

I wish you luck with your Op Barrie, and with your build, it's coming on.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks Tony - the Op went well - saw the Surgeon yesterday and he is pleased with the outcome. Just need a CT scan now to make sure they got everything Very Happy

The boat will be OK when I work out where to put the electrics. I thought I had plenty of room but forgot the cabin eats into the space quite a lot.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm glad the OP went well Barrie. As regards the electrics when all else fails "Spread it out" You got my drift? Razz
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:22 pm

At last the weather has warmed up here in Essex, so today I started painting the hull. I gave it a couple of coats of Halfords Primer Filler, which went on very well. Then masked off the top of the hull, and spayed the underwater area with Halfords Red Plastic Primer, which didn't go on very well. I got lots of spots coming out of the spray, and its left a very rough surface. When its dried thoroughly I will rub it down and give it another coat.

Pilot 40 Imgp2415

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:26 am

I wish i had somewhere to spray Barrie, but as it is i have to brush my paint on. You get a lovely finish when you spray paint.

Tony
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:58 am

Tony - I usually spay outside. That's why I had to wait for a warm dry day. If its desperate, I use the garage, but I prefer outside. I have an airbrush and I do use that in my workshop.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Cheers Barrie. I had an Airbrush along with compressor sent to me last week, and Amazon didn't know anything about it. I wish I'd have kept it but i am too honest for that.

Tony
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 pm

The hull has now been painted ready for some satin varnish, then I will add the boot topping using plastic tape and a final coat of varnish. There is also rather a lot of rubber moulding to go on Smile
Pilot 40 P1000010

I have also made a start on the cabin which is a very complicated structure as part of it is double skinned, the interior also needs fitting out, so this will take me some time - especially if the weather stays as warm as it is. I can't stick in my workshop for too long Cool
Pilot 40 P1000011

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:43 am

Good work Barrie, as regards the Heat A Fan might help?. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Progress is slow at the moment, although there will be no more days lost to hospital visits as I have been given the "all clear" from the Oncologists. The Sarcoma was apparently a very mild one, and no further treatment is required Very Happy

The hull has been painted and given a couple of coats of satin varnish. When I've fitted the boot topping I will give it one more. The cabin however is proving much more of a problem. I am having great difficulty understanding the drawings, which are different to the photographs in the original build article in MB. I thought I had it sorted, then came across another area which doesn't work as drawn!

This is what it looks like at the moment.
Pilot 40 Imgp2416

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 pm

I'm glad you been given the all clear Barrie , well done mate. The boat is looking good. cheers
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks Tony - looking forward to my holiday in 12 days time - had to cancel two in the last year due first to my wife's cancer then mine.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I've managed to get the rear of the wheelhouse completed, not strictly according to the drawings, but it looks OK - I think. It really needs a coat of paint to be sure I've found and filled all the holes Smile

Painting is something that is going to be tricky, as the interior is fitted, and when the roof and floor are added there will be no access, unless I make the roof removable. I think that I will paint the inside next, before I finish the build. It will be easier to do that before the sides and front go in.

Pilot 40 Imgp2410 Pilot 40 Imgp2411 Pilot 40 Imgp2412

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:19 pm

I can't wait to see it on the water Barrie bounce
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:24 pm

That may be awhile yet Tony as I have two holidays before the end of September sunny Laughing Very Happy Very Happy

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:56 pm

got some nice shots of a pilot 40 ( nelson type) whilst on hols.......built as a survey boat.....will post them if you would like.....shows both her running gear and the top side.

neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:30 am

nhp651 wrote:
got some nice shots of a pilot 40 ( nelson type) whilst on hols.......built as a survey boat.....will post them if you would like.....shows both her running gear and the top side.

neil.

Yes please

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:44 am

nhp651 wrote:

neil.

Erm what do you mean, 'if you like?'? Surely you know it is compulsory to post pictures of boats!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Welcome back amigo, you have been missed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:50 pm

thanks Barry....nice to be back ( I think).........although had lovely weather and good fun, it's always nice to be back in your own house and bed, lol

Pilot 40 211_co10

Pilot 40 213_co10

Pilot 40 210_co10

Pilot 40 212_co10

Pilot 40 214_co10

Pilot 40 215_co10

I found this boat on the hard standing at Ardrossan harbour next to the Calmac Ferry terminal whilst waiting for the ferry to Arran.

hope they are of usee to you

neil.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 pm

"Always Vigilante"
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:56 am

Thanks Neil - not quite what I'm building but interesting nevertheless - and Footski will be happy with the photos. Laughing Laughing

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 am

TonyW wrote:
"Always Vigilante"

that's what the latin saying on the the boat
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:54 am

barriew wrote:
Thanks Neil - not quite what I'm building but interesting nevertheless - and Footski will be happy with the photos. Laughing Laughing

Barrie

Quite right Barrie. A good set of shots they are too. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:43 pm

I have prepared the side and front window frames ready for fitting, but before I do, I need to fit-out the interior or it will be very difficult to get access. These are the sides with one of the frames cut from 0.25mm plastic card on my vinyl cutter. An identical frame will hold the 'glass' in place from the outside.

Pilot 40 Imgp2413

The interior has a seat (waiting the "cushions"), a chart table and a helmsman's seat. The drawings didn't indicate any method for getting from the deck level to the cabin floor, so I have put in some steps.

Pilot 40 Imgp2414 Pilot 40 Imgp2415 Pilot 40 Imgp2416

That's it for a few weeks as I am off on holiday on Monday for two weeks Very Happy , and when I get back I need to order some supplies. My final local model shop has closed down, so even paint has to be mail order now Sad

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Back from holiday and the backlist of things to be done cleared, so I have started on the Pilot boat again. I need to get it finished as I ordered Ron Dean's new Tug boat Yarra at his show on Saturday Very Happy

The wheelhouse interior items are now fixed - just need to make a Radar screen. I have a figure which I may fit - I have started painting it and will see if it looks right when its done. I am having problems with the two front windows. The first pair cut from the plans didn't fit, so I have started making a 2nd pair. One of the problems is that the plans called for the sides and fronts to be made from 0.75mm plastic card, which has no rigidity, making it quite difficult to get the correct shape and size, so the replacements are being made in 1mm.

Pilot 40 Imgp2420
Pilot 40 Imgp2419

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Coming along Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:54 pm

I've been working on the roof of the wheelhouse - a complicated structure. This is where I've got to today. I'm waiting for everything to set firmly before attacking it with scraper and sandpaper to get some of the curves and rounded edges in place.

Pilot 40 Imgp2421

I have also been painting the boot topping. I usually use the stick on plastic strip for this job, but I find it quite wasteful as only a tiny fraction of the widths on the roll get used. I found an alternative technique using Pin Striping tape which has two masking strips at the required spacing on a backing strip. The backing strip is clear so you can see the align it along the joint between the underwater and top colours. The backing strip is then peeled away leaving a perfectly spaced gap for painting!

The first picture show the tapes after removing the backing strip
Pilot 40 Imgp2425

The second picture during painting
Pilot 40 Imgp2423

And finally the finished line. I'm very pleased with the result - I think it is better than the vinyl tape I usually use.
Pilot 40 Imgp2424

Barrie
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:55 pm

I wish my Pilot boat looked like that Barrie, mind you it is about 40 years old Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Final post before I go off on holiday again Very Happy

The basic shell of the wheelhouse is now completed and painted - there are some fittings to make or paint, then I will glaze it. Once that is done there are some quite complicated handrails to make and fit.
I have fitted two lots of foam rubber fenders to the hull. These are to be linked by other strips, but I've run out of foam! I'll order some more when I return.

Pilot 40 Imgp2426 Pilot 40 Imgp2427

I've also changed my mind about the electronics. I was going to use an ACTion esc/mixer, but having ordered Dean's new tug, I decided to use that in the tug, and will use a single Mtroniks ESC in the pilot boat. I think its more important to have the maneuverability in the tug.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Nice Very nice indeed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pugwash
Midshipman
Midshipman

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:09 am

A very nice neat job Barrie, you should be very pleased with what you have done so far.

Geoff
Back to top Go down
http://geoffreyhobson@talktalk.co.uk
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:24 pm

I've been making and painting fittings for a few days, but today started glazing the wheelhouse.

Pilot 40 Imgp2428 Pilot 40 Imgp2429

The motors and speed control are now fitted - it seems very noisy running on the bench. I guess the hull acts as an amplifier. Hope its quieter in the water Shocked

I'll finish the glazing in a day or two, then its time for the test tank and add some ballast before I start on the railings and finish installing the fittings. I think I now have everything I need to complete the model.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Barrie I must say she's looking good, I wouldn't worry too much about the noise as very often the hull does exactly as you suspect and amplify the noise, plus what seems loud in the workshop often sounds reasonable out on the water with some open space around and no walls to bounce the sound back at you.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Phil - the hull is only an ABS vac forming, so it make a very good resonator Very Happy

Barrie
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:05 pm

I'll bet mate !! Still getting some water around the outside will dampen it significantly if you'll pardon the pun lol!
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Instead of going sailing this morning, the weather and I were both iffy pale , I decided to get some more of the Pilot boat finished. All the windows are now glazed and most of the fittings installed - just waiting for paint to dry on the final ones. When that is done I will float it and install the ballast ready for sea trials, before tackling the hand rails which are quite complicated.

Pilot 40 Imgp2430 Pilot 40 Imgp2431

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 am

This Pilot boat is a work of art Barrie well done ooh I wish I could work as fast as you some of the others on here can and I used too.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Thanks Damien, but its not really as good as it looks in the photos Surprised I had a lot of trouble getting the joint lines neat, partly because I followed the instructions on the plan and used material that was too thin for the job. It will look OK on the water though, and that is what matters to me Laughing

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:12 am

Please don't run yourself down we all do the best we can, we all know the faults in our models but unless they're rivet counters folks won't notice and from my experience here in Aust. Rivet counters are usually not modellers just jealous wannabe's.

To a non modeller at lakeside it'll be a museum piece just enjoy the compliments our worst critics are always ourselves.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Well said Damien I heartily agree we are always our own worst critics. this really is a superb job being done here Barrie, thanks for sharing it with us.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks for the compliments Surprised

I've almost done as much as I can until the Leamington Spa show in a couple of weeks - I need some long lengths of brass rod for the handrails down the cabin, plus a couple of fittings to finish her off. I was hoping to give her a maiden voyage tomorrow, but the weather doesn't look as though its going to co-operate Rolling Eyes
Since this photo, I have almost completed the radar scanner installation and painted the life rings, so maybe these will get finished tomorrow instead of an outing on the water Very Happy

Pilot 40 Imgp2417

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:21 pm

that is looking superb....a real nice model, and a true credit to you..............hope she sails as good as she looks.

neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Some final photos until I get the last bits from Leamington.

Pilot 40 Imgp2418 Pilot 40 Imgp2419 Pilot 40 Imgp2420 Pilot 40 Imgp2421

I did manage a quick sail this morning. Here is a shot to prove it.

Pilot 40 2012-110

Not a very good photo but it was bitterly cold and raining and I only had my phone camera Smile It sailed pretty well until the battery ran down. Not a very long run time, but I'm not certain the battery was fully charged. However, when I took it out of the water, there was a lot of water inside. Not sure where it came from - I will have to do some test tank tests Sad

Barrie
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Being Bitterly cold prob affected the battery life especially if there's not much current draw to warm it up a little as for water in her my 1st port of call would be the prop shaft tube and rudder shaft tube especially if there's a fair prop wash putting pressure around the rudder. Otherwise she looks good on the water, As expected mate Nice one
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:32 pm

A beautiful job done Barriew cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pilot 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilot 40   Pilot 40 Empty