TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Pilot Boat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Guys. Here is another Pilot boat, well it's an old Pilot boat about 50 years old in fact, and i have ripped the guts out of it.
I discarded all the upper super structure on it, and am rebuilding it out of 3mm light ply. The First photo is how it looked, and the second group of photos is how it looks now.
Another Pilot Boat Sam_0113

Another Pilot Boat 100_0010

Another Pilot Boat 100_0011

Another Pilot Boat 100_0012
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Should be a nice boat when it's done Tony, but is the bed realy the best place to build it Shocked Very Happy

Alan
Back to top Go down

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 pm

bit itchy on the old bum when he gets sanding it down..........affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:22 am

LOL what are you like Alan. It's the bedroom on top of the wardrobe where i keep it, and NHP i never thought of that LOL. I cut the Light ply with a stanley knife, it's that easy, i am looking forward to it's completion.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 am

I've got this far. I want to put a Dummy sliding Hatch just aft of the Foghorn, and i'm not happy with the Liferafts, i'm thinking of taking them off, and making an alternative bracket to hold them (If you know what i mean) .
All that's left to do is the Electrics, Windows, and a bit of of painting around the windows, a silver paint i think to give the impression of metal.
I'm thinking of putting a more powerful ESC in, a Viper Marine 25, and a 40mm nylon prop to make it go faster, allthough i might not, i'm undecided at the Mo. I am well known for my re-cycling, and i lit upon the idea of using old curtain rings for portholes LOL, see what you think.

Another Pilot Boat 100_0013
Another Pilot Boat 100_0014
Another Pilot Boat 100_0015
Another Pilot Boat 100_0016
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:43 pm

It's finished apart from the sailing. It went together like a dream, everything went in it's place, and i am pleased with it.
When i tried converting the existing cabin, and upper superstructure it fought me everywhich way but how, so i decided to to rip the lot out, and start from scratch, and this is the end result, I'm happy with it anyway.
The hardest part was the electrics, i couldn't get the lights to work, and i was dumfound0ed as to why?, then i noticed a little break in the positive wire, i fixed it, and away you go LOL .The Radar motor, and the lights are separate circuits.
As an after thought i decided to put a sliding Hatch way in, it's alright isn't it?. I printed of a load of decals, i had to resize them first, and i stuck them on with wood glue, and i clear varnished them.
Anyway i waffled on long enough LOL. Rolling Eyes

Another Pilot Boat 100_0017
Another Pilot Boat 100_0018
Another Pilot Boat 100_0019
Another Pilot Boat 100_0020
Another Pilot Boat 100_0021
Another Pilot Boat 100_0022
Another Pilot Boat 100_0023
Another Pilot Boat 100_0024
Another Pilot Boat 100_0026
Back to top Go down
Windy
Gunner
Gunner

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:34 pm

You carry on waffling to your hearts content Tony!! lol! lol! lol!

Seeing your build on here reminds me I must get on with my pilot boat!!!!!!

Looking good mate..

W....
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks Windy, cheers mate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Looks good Tony, love the fire hose.

Alan
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 am

Cheers Alan. I made the fire Hose out of an old cardboard spool that i had Thread on for another model, a piece of closely wound string, and an old peice of a watch, Simples.Wink
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Thats looking a lovely resto job there Tony.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Cheers Intrepid.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Here is a Photo that slipped past me.
Another Pilot Boat 100_0028
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Pilot Boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Pilot Boat   Another Pilot Boat Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Pilot Boat
Page 1 of 1