TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin555
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Martin555

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 9:25 am

Hi Joerg,

Wow!
What can I say.!!
I have spent quite some time reading through and catching up with your build log.

Very Very interesting and absolutely fantastic workmanship.
I will be keeping a close eye on this build log now.

Well done indeed sir.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 9:53 am

Hi Martin,
thanks for your words.  My descriptions are a bit chaotic, usually these built reports work as 'think over your work/problem' in parallel.
But that's work in progress.

A short update on the project:
due to family and holdidays ther is no real progress at the moment.  These days I will order a smoke generator, wich should not run all time, just when starting the engines on the slipway and in the first moments of full speed.

Best,
Joerg

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://modellwerft.spuelsaum.de/
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 10:15 am

Hi Joerg,
I look forward to seeing you'r updates.

Martin555.

JoJoElbe likes this post

Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 4:18 pm

Hi, in all this chaos at home I managed to get a day for my project.
One thing needed for test rides is a closed deck. So I added some 2,5mm square PS profiles to the suports for the deck where needed and the I decided to install urgency opening options on the deck. The rudder section lies beneath the deck, I can change servo and reajust everything from the big opening, but one never knows. So I made a cutout for that part. It will later be glued and covered with paint so that you won't see it but in worst case I just need to open that smal plate and not destroy the back deck.

Similar for the motors. The original boat has two maintenance plates with about a million screws.  Beneath these I made two cutouts which later will be covered by my probably printed maintenance plates. Again the motos can be taken of or exchanged without these openings, but ... one never knows.

I may do a bit 'Süllrand'/ coaming rim?  The frame around the two deck openenigs where the deckhouses will stay on.

And soon order a smoke generator, not for all times but when starting the motors in the boathouse and  urgent full spead ahead....

That's it for now, best,
Joerg

Ah, the image:
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2081

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:06 pm

Hi Joerg,

It is good to see you managed to get some time to do some model making.
That is great having all of those openings as long as you can prevent water ingress, the comings will certainly help.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:14 pm

Martin555 wrote:
Hi Joerg,

It is good to see you managed to get some time to do some model making.
That is great having all of those openings as long as you can prevent water ingress, the comings will certainly help.

Martin555.

Hi Martin

The openings will be waterproof glued or sealed, they are not needed in normal modelboating times. They are just there to avoid destruction of the deck in worst case scenarios.

Unfortunately I'm a master in improvisation but not in planning Shocked  .... could be worse  jocolor 
J

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:34 pm

Hi Joerg,
If you glue them then surly you would damage the deck trying to open them.
If you use silicon to seal them you will not be able to paint over them.
So it will be interesting to see how you do it and what you use.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:43 pm

If i use UHU-hart for that part it's glued but the material is not melted, that would be one option.

Another one is Sikaflex sika german (sorry)  there are some options, they use it for boats, probably to glue in car windows etc. Still a tiny bit flexible but you can sand it and paint without problems. I used that for my small 7m beach lifeboat in 1:20 to connect deck an hull with almost no overlap (got that from ebay) also for a emergancy opening in the back. No problems, could be sanded away so that it's just between the parts and color is fine.

For the motor openings rubber glue could be another option....

As I wrote: I don't plan to open it.

J

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 5:46 pm

Hi Joerg,
I like the idea of the rubber glue, should work well.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: testing testing ...   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 3:05 pm

Hi, I needed a life test.
So I put together 2 Krick Max Power 500 and 3S LiFePO 9,9V.
5min full speed and the motors were only handwarm, clear below 50degC.

The two vents were just put on top, they may not have helped as the deck ist still missing, they may get more importent when the deck is closed (there will be a small opening in on of the deckhouses to let the warm air out, if needed).ä

I had only little wate in the tub, if it would have been half fulll, the Tyne would have jumped out.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2082

So, after some fun, I'll go back to the winch now.
Best, Joerg

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 3:13 pm

Hi Joerg,
Looks like you have plenty of power there if you need to get out of danger.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 3:21 pm

Hi Martin,
yes it looks like. I'm sure fully equipped in the water it will be less 'dramatic', but the last trial with wrong parameters and connections to the motor controller it was quite slow with 2 6,6V -- I almost was afraid it will be too slow at the end.

J

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi Joerg.

I think by the time you have the deck, superstructure and a few fittings added I don't think you will require much ballast.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 3:38 pm

Hi Martin,
not much ballast but I need at least a bit lead in the keel below the motors. The originals are quite deep in the water.

In the back space there will be a smoker and left and right of the controller I need to set up more electronics.

The front accu (for vents, light etc) is now a 4500 NiMH, 400gr. Cold be a 2S Lifepo with 150gr .... just if I build too much suff ;0)
J

Swab and Martin555 like this post

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 3:41 pm

Sounds good to me Joerg,
I follow this build with great interest.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: winch   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 7:43 pm

Hi all,
next weekend is a nice  swimming pool meeting in north germany.
My TYNE has to go there. The slipway has no progress since early june but if you let the boat slide down the slipway, you should also be able to winch it up. I just found the company which built that winsch and asked for help, but they are on summer vacation at the moment. So I decided to built a raw lookalike model for winching the boat up and for further tests. The original has so much details, noch chace to do that over a weekend.

Motor with gear gives a few turns per minute at 6V, came from the 'bay'.  Running the whole stuff with a BEC (3A) and a double ralais switch with end stop options.  I'm swithing the winch with one of the sticks (throttle etc.) wich works quite well for me, because everytime I leave the stick it selfcenters and the ralais switches off.

The winch parts were fast built, not exactly symmetric holes on front and back side, I mounted one of the side plates in opposite way so it looks a bit odd, but it doesn't matter for the test.

OK, enough words, here it is:

I'm quite happy, the velocity is quite ok, motor and winch easily managed winching up (did it several times, nothing got warm).

Many things to do still, maybe I find time this week for a better connection to the boat.

Have a nice week,
Joerg

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 7:57 pm

Hi Joerg,

I like that idea and it seems to work fine.

It is probable a bit to early in your build to ask this question but how do you plan on connect the winch cable to the boat when you need to winch it up into the building at the end when you have finished using the Lifeboat ?

Will it be Magnets ?

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 8:15 pm

Hi Martin,
I have several options, a magnet for 6kg on 1cm plate is already there. Next weekend I hope to have the inner pillars in the back section mounted. There I would put a Y of two ropeends on. The final version is trial and error, it should be handable without falling into the water.....

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 10:00 pm

Hi Joerg,
I don't know if you have seen this video before.
It shows a retrieval system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAx9-lbyFvc

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 10:13 pm

Hi, thanks, I know it, even chatted with that guy. From that I got the tip of the 6kg or more magnet.
Won't have a solution in one week.
There still the question of the story, changing from bollards to keel end or right away keel end....
So many options and so much work ...

Swab and Martin555 like this post

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 8:23 am

Hi Joerg,
It will be interesting to see what idea  you come with.
Good luck.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: first real test   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 5:35 pm

Hi all,
'Port Aukrug'  (swimming pool action this time with more than 500 model boats -  a few images on my website, in german, but the gallery doesn't need any words) was coming closer and time was running away.... I gues most of you know that feeling....

So I take off one day to finish preparations on the tyne as much as possible. So, what did I do:
  • got the oil out of the shaft system and replaced it with high speed grease
  • made a box for the front battery pack (for later functions and motor vents)
  • glued the vent holder + epoxy glue
  • added protective grid for the trim plate mechanics
  • glued all thre bollard cores on the bottom of the hull in an extra part polystyren + epoxy glue (that way you can later hang the boat on the bollards without destroying the deck)
  • as improvisation for winching up I made a Y-brass holder to be put over the bollards. That holden is at the end of the winch rope and I use a bamboo stick with a clamp to put it over the bollards.
  • added the big sprayrail --- didi it alone which was a mistake... I'll take it off an redo it later
  • moiunted all deck parts with rubber glue and masking tape
  • drive and steering test in bath tub, everything fine!

So I went there and even while mountig the whole setup people started to come and look and ask, quite often I heard something like ".. I saw it in the forum..." -- ok german forum but nevertheless for you in your country it's sure similar.

Then I could start testing, learning by doing. I hate calculations and theory.
The power of the two Krick mas power 500 with an 3s 9,9v LiFePO was fantastic. A bit too fast but I hope with full weight the will fit perfectly.

Slipway worked as before, many things to be replaced or updated, but that's all I knew before.  Similar for the winch, it stayed 8 hrs until the little, fast made, driver?? (the part that sits on the motor axis and is connected to the wich drum) broke. Nothing serious,

The steering was more of a problem, I changed this and then in the settings on the controler and on the transmitter and reseiver, until ... a nice modeller mate said "just swap the poles on the motor..." ..... f*** .....
The easiest of all solutions and IT WORKED!  The boat almost turns on a table, getting backwards on the slipway became easy (I still have to learn better steering).

Over I'm really happy how everything worked out and how large the interest already was.

Anyways, here are some photos:

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 20220913
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 20220914
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 20220912

And I also have a small movie:

The winching up connection was just a fast improvisation. Next will be a magnet solution.

Best regards,
Joerg

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 7:23 am

Hi Joerg,
She went down the ramp very well and I am impressed how manoeuvrable she is in the water.

You said that you will have a magnet system to recover the boat, but how will you push the boat to get it started to slide down the ramp.

I liked the video and the photos they are lovely and clear thank you for showing them.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 7:35 am

Hi Martin,
at the moment I just have a magnet Very Happy 

The release is not a problem, because it simply will to be replaced by a release systen when the boat is in. The original startet with the two ropes to on the bollards and then they change to the release system.

The manoeuvrability is simply because of one propeller going forwad an the other backward. Honestly I don't work with two sticks on the transmitter, it's done by the controller which automaticly sets the contrary propeller directions with the steering. For getting into the slipway it's very helpfull.

Best,
Joerg

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 2:52 pm

Hi Joerg,

Just out of curiosity in photo 2 there is a boat just behind your lifeboat as it is being launched, do you know what it is ? (luxury cruiser of some sort)
I am already looking forward to your next update.
Keep up the good work.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 2:57 pm

you mean the yollowish-green one, that's a Pegasus III

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 3:03 pm

Thank you Joerg,
I do like that boat.
I will have to look around to see how much the kit will cost here in the U.K.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 3:07 pm

it was from Graupner, so it's probably just second hand to get...

It's not mine but I know the owner ....

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 3:13 pm

Thank you Joerg.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Steam   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi all,
the deck is off again.  Meanwhile I managed to get the smoker/steamer running:

This is a steam genarator from Uwe Fleer, a BIG version with double set of heating resistor. Copper tubes have 12mm diameter on the outside. More or less the size of the exhausts. 

I used a controller from him too, choose the manual setting, means full spead and heat. 12W, 7,2V

There is also the option to get control via the motor speed + finetuning options but tha't for later, hen everything is mounted and the exhaust flaps are mounted.

Have fun,
Joerg

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 7:16 pm

Hi Joerg,

The smoker works very well.
Are you only going to use the smoker at the start when the motors first fire up. ?
Or will it be on all the time that the boat is running ?

Can you control how much smoke the unit puts out. ?

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 7:30 pm

Hi Martin,

it's planned to use it mainly at the start, in the boathouse and probably after the slipway, with full speed ahead. Not the full time, you won't see it and it's waste of power, allthough mounted to an extra battery pack.

The video shows it running with a manual switch on full power. It's also possible to run it parallel to the motor spedd plus fine tuning of smoke and fan. But that's just usefull to set up when it's finally mounted in the boat and the exhaust flaps are on (with a stick inside to flip them a bit up and down...).

Best,
Joerg

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 7:37 pm

Hi Joberg,
Your project is getting more interesting by the day.
Are you going to fit motor sound units ?

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 7:45 pm

sure, motor sound will come, have no clue how, but I used the original motor sound for my german 7m lifeboat by cutting a youtube sound into peaces. So I know how it would work, just need to have an affordable  sound module. Maybe ardurino based ..... who knows.

And the sound of the Hammer hitting the clamp and the falling clamp when releasing the boat, of course!!!!
J

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 7:48 pm

Hi Joberg,
This all sounds good, looking forward to this.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 9:12 pm

Hi,
besides smoker, exhaust flaps and other things I'm building the rear deckhouse.  It's not so easy from the plan and as on many other points, the plan doesn't show the final boat.

The ain part is built by some support parts and walls. The rounding is made by using a 1mm polystyren sheet an cutting lines with 1-1.5mm distance into it. That way one can easy bent it and glue it.  Of course some filler is needed afterwards.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2083

Extensions towards the front are made by plan and photos. probably not 100% scale but ....
In the plan missing are the buoyancy tanks which I build according to the best photos I found... fortunately in cad and printed in 3D as I finally downloaded almost all Sir William Hillary (S-W-H) images from the Douglas Station Facebook side and found, that especially for the S-W-H it is different to most of the others. So oncce again and after a size corretion a third time printed.... just in PLA but that's fast and easier. The final tanks and all other parts will be made in resin later.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Untitl10

There are also various vetilation covers which I've printed. The screws will be very fine but still visible at the end.

Storage openings have been cut, the one in the back will hold a small loudspeaker at the end. Covers will be don of 0.3mm thick brass.
I need tons of hinges and hop I'll manage to build them from 0.1mm brass. We'll see, if I won't manage, I'll develope something for laser cut.

Handrail is also preliminary done and the life raft + holder on the back is testprinted and ready for resin.

So here it is as it looks now:

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2084

I hope I get something more done next week.
Best regards,
Joerg

Fred 1948 and Martin555 like this post

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 7:58 am

Hi Joerg,
Good work.
I see one of the crew is inspection your work too LOL!!

Martin.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 8:10 am

Martin555 wrote:
Hi Joerg,
Good work.
I see one of the crew is inspection your work too LOL!!

Martin.

not too much trust in it, still wearing a life jacket lol!

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 8:29 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Tyne update ... short   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 7:21 am

Hi all,
so, making jokes about the crew was to much for them, they simply exploded!  What a Face

I tried to print resine with just a filling grid, but the empty space still stayed full of liquid resin wich didn't harden when having the extra long UV shower (semi transparent resine).
Meanwhile I know that I need holes to let it out but for that crew it was too late. Luckily they were packed separate, except for one, so the damage from the liquid resine was very little (a few window frames).
Maybe there was an extrem high air pressure, who knows why they stayed more than half a year intact.

Anyways, I've already printed them with PLA by now, probably less fine but in 1:20 we'll see once they are painted.

The progress on the Tyne + boathouse is very little due to family business. I've just made a stand extension for presenting the boathouse on a fair. Also usable when water and land have almost the same level (to use a longer slipway for a bigger splash).

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Dsc06311
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Dsc06310
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Dsc06312

The 'Spielidee' fair in Rostock is a mixture of show and buy with a creative part, a games part (mostly cardboard games, puzzle event etc) and a model part where we had 4 exhibitors with modelships. I joined the 'IG Modellbau Seenotrettung'  which showed not only german rescue units but also some units from 'all over the world' (depending on who joined, either this or that part of the world).  The RNLI was represented by a 1:16 Tamar and my construct.

The stand extension is mounted quite fast and the left side of the boathouse can be easily removed (here it's mounted on the lower screwholes as it looks better).

One of the other exhibitors had a small pond on the table with a load of 1:200 tugs etc. soooooooooooooooo .... you may guess what followed....
no, not 1:200 but somehow similar in size: The Airfix Severn in 1:72 ... of course as an RC model.
Short time out for the Tyne project and up into something new, totally new, hardly nothing works as for 1:20 and of course almost nothing in stock....  120g alltogether is the goal .... if I manage 130g I will be happy.
I will start the build report for that soon.  And once it's a bit more quiet at hime the Tyne project will go on, events star in april Very Happy 
Have fun,
Joerg

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 8:33 am

Hi Joerg,

We all go through slow spells as normal life tends to interfere with our hobby.
It is looking really good.
Keep up the good work when you can.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: minor update   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi all,
just aminor update: The stand for exhibitions and waterlevel like 'coasts' got now two U-profiles instead of the flat profiles. Not needed for standing, but when storing it's nicer and more rigid. + polystyrene tubes on the screwprofiles.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2088

And the boathouse has been prepared for christmal time:

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Dsc06611Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Rk0gbb11

Have a nice christmas time,
Joerg

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:15 pm

Hi JJ.
I hope they are not called out when Santa comes with there presents LOL!!

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:31 pm

Hi Martin,
at the moment the bout would probably sink right after the 'splash' .. Shocked
so: 'out of duty'
J

Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: slow progress   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 6:35 pm

Hi all,

after working quite some time on small projects (1/72+1/87), a bit covid, cold and family.... I started to work a bit on the Tyne again.

First I bought a Mersey Kit 1:20 from Manfred Sievers in Hannover (know on who got it delivered last week, so they seem to be in stock at the moment). Mersey, not Tyne??

Well the Tyne followed (meanwhile a second) Merseys at Douglas station, why not prparing the slipway for both. The Mersey has less height (or depth) difference between middel- and site-keels. As the original station I need some setup for a chance, and that should be developed together with the Tyne setup. Therefore the Mersey was bought now.

Nevertheless, Tyne goes on with: damage!  I tried to get another 4600mAh 3S LiFePO4 accu, of the kind I have. Sold out, and it seems that they will not be longer produced. Instead of buying two similar accus of a different company I decided to spent some mone in Headway cells with 10Ah.
Both solution won't fit into the old/first Accu holder, so it had to be 'taken out'.  The Headway cells can be arranged as I like, so mad etwo endcaps to put them on the floor.  This is just from PLA to generate a place holder and go on with other electronics and interior placement. The final version will be printed from PETG.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2099

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2101

for comparison:
3 headway cells, 3S LiFePO4, 7m2V NiMH racing pack

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2100
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 6:47 pm

so far for the Tyne, fiddling with cables etc.

The boathouse got some wall panels. As the alu profile construct is made for the transportation box and not scale, I made wider planks than the original has. 10mm instead of 6.xmm. It's just easier to produce and probably fit's better to the big profiles. Nevertheless, at the end it will be dark brown and hardly recognizable.

I used a 'mark out' (ger: anreißen) tool for scrathcing the grooves between the planks.
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2106

looks not bad at all:

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2107

I forgot, it's 1mm plywood. And it looks much better then scratching the grooves into the main plywood:

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2105

because I worked so accurate before clown  I had to make 4 different sheets. Finally the glue was enough for glueing two of the other side has to wait until I got a new bottle.

Have a nice week,
Joerg
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: boathouse update   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 am

Hi, the glue finally arrived and a new brown colour too, after checkoing so many more photos I decided to take 'Schokolade'.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2110
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2108

so the scratching could hardly be seen. But in different light it's a bit better.

Next I wanted to bild the small 'strorage' + stairs to the 'gangway' asifde the boat. The old Boathouse plans and my special construct don't really work together. Again I tried to guess the right height from all photos I could get. For the stairs I printed 2 mounting helps. All measures showed, that the podest for the winch and the winch itself are a bit too large. The floor also was made of two plywood leftovers. I changed this to a new one pece floor. And for building the small storage room it's better to have the back wall to... so storage room was out and instead front and back parts were done.-

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2109
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 11:00 am

The bow for the roof was made by taking a square of the width of the boathouse and enlarging a circle until it contacted both endes. So the roof form is a small part of a circle, as it looks for the original. It works with the overall height of the boathouse in the plan.

Mixture of oldschool and modern model building, window opening:

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2111

Fake 'Trapezblech' - the outside walls are made from structured metall sheets.
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2112

windows are 3D printed...

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2113
this front is just preliminary, april 19th I'll present this on the Intermodellbau in Dortmund (GER), not enough time toconstruct the folding and moving doors.
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 11:03 am

the front side. The door already got a bit higher. All measures just guessed from side angle view photos.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2114

a short 'over' view:

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2116

The bouthouse is constructed so that I finally can store it on my cabinet:

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2115

Some color is already on the new parts. Now the Tyne will get some time in parallel.
Best regards,
Joerg
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: busy weeks   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 11:02 am

Hi,
since the last post I've constantly worked on the boathouse, slipway (only exchanged rolls) and the Tyne. Got a few day's off and every evening at least painted figures. It was and still is an extreme building time, occuping the dining table for most of the days but my wife didn't run away yet. Why all this stress? Next week I'll present the stuff at the Intermodellbau in Dotmund (Germany).
Of course for most of you it's too far but maybe one or the other will show up there, I'll be in Hall 3 with the (IG) Schiffsmodellbau net e.V.

So, please apologize for the lack of building report over the last weeks, even on the german sites it got much less as usual.

I've build a new winch, got a sheet with some measures from the constructor company, the basic winch still is a motor with gear on an aluminum frame. 3D printed parts around. On long term I wish to have a different gear-motor construct and even longer term I want to have a figure that moves it's arm and foot.   The platform and even the floor of the even part are from poplar plywood. No time to echchange the constructs, but even that will be exchanged to better and harder plywood.  Remember the whole construct is made to unscrew major parts which makes it easy to exchange the floor later.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2119

The platform for the office above the winch is done, from the office I have no phot at all. ... and no time to buil the outside.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2118

The smoke unit is inserted, but exhausts are also not ready. On the big fair I'll have some showtimes (I guess) only for sliding down and winching up. If it works and nothing fails, far enough...

You can see, I've made the 'gangway' to reach the boat including the staircase and a small roome, again easy to dismount and still not final. 

The Tyne got corrected tubes in the front keel to fasten the boat on the slipway (they were lousy and not straight). I've made a new sprayrail. The deck has been glued on the hull. Only the little parts at the stern stay open to get easy acces to the exhaust tubes. (I'l use rubber glue to close it for the fair)

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Img_2117

The 3 headway accu cells got a finished construct around and are fastened in the boat, not even able to move a millimeter when hitting the water after sliding down. Wheelhouse and casulty cabin are both sticking with 4 (2) strong neodym magnets to the hull. Although many details are missing the aft cabin meanwhile got some orange color.

OK, plans for the next few days: Front windows! I had massive problems to get some compromise between the plan and photos, but I guess I have a solution now.  If there is time, the side windoiws will be glues also, if not, just transparent tape. Next wednsday I schould be in Dortmund at this time.

Best regards,
Joerg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next