TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Intermodellba Tyne and slipway   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptyWed May 03, 2023 11:20 am

Hi all,
Intermodellbau Dortmund (Ger) is over, I had many nice discussions and met a lot of nice chaps. Many of them I just had contact on forum, email or even phone before.  But my personal highlight was Bill from the Isle of Man, who currently is finishing his  .... yes ... Tyne lifeboat, the SIR WILLIAM HILLARY.  I mean, it's Dortmund, hey, I probably exspected someone who visited the Isle of Man but sure no one who even knew the Coxswain of the boat I'm building. A disc with photos from the boathouse is on it's way (via snailmail). Thanks Bill!Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Thumbup

I was really enjoying to tell people a bit about the RNLI boathouses and differences to german lifeboats and coasts. Hope that some may recognize that if the go on holiday in RNLI areas and donate a bit.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2120
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2121
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2122

Nevertheless, I also made a few test launches and the new wich was also working. Overall many things to learn not only the action but also the st up and packing can be modified.

For those who don't have facebook, here is the link to a video of the test launches:

Have fun,
Joerg
Back to top Go down
http://modellwerft.spuelsaum.de/
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: slow ... but ...   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 9:44 pm

Hi,
I had too many side projects this year. 
So far there was only little progress in the last few months:
I sprayed the hull, primer and then Molotow Premium.... 3 days for drying....
Next event the boot stood stuck on the slipway no moving alone.  
Added 3mm wide half-round profiles on the keels and again spray color....  +some glide lubricant ... almost too much ;0)

Well, sliding worked but the connector between motor an winch trommel broke again. 2nd time, the new one now is of steel, hope that one will last longer than the other parts (= forever...).

Since then there are not many changes on the boat.  I designed and printed bollards for bow and stern and hopefully will mount (glue) the exhausts in the stern wall on next weekend. No flaps yet but they should come soon.

The last weekends I could enhance the boathouse a bit. Roof rack(s) were printed in PLA to show if the idea of a collapsable roof works. It worked almost, I had to make a few changes and will get them cut from 2mm aluminum this week.  The roof has riffles which can also be seen from inside (Trapezblech in german) so I finally decided to print it, in 28 parts at the end - still printing day by day or better each evening one...

The wall for the small office above the winch has been made, including a window. And in the front part more stands and a plattform have been installed. The small walls at the big gate will later be redone, once the gate and it's mechanism is done (invented/realized).

So far I'm happy (except for the time it took) with the boathouse. As mentioned earlier, it should be a look-a-like not 100% scale Douglas boathouse - I have not enough infos and not enough space.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2124Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2125Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2123

Still a long way to go ...
Best,
Joerg
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: update   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 10:05 pm

Hi all,again quite some time passed. At the event following the last post, the winch got stuck. Motor started smoking and I had to winch by hand, right after the first try. 
I've made some priliminary fluorescent lamps for the boathouse. Over the years they had different types (at least partially). I've chosen the 3 lamp size. My size is a mixture of photo measures and real existing lamp types.

Because there are so many (more than 20 I think), I've made my own version in a cheap and fast way (see photo at the end), two half shells and a folded LED strip, that runs with 5V and I can mount several of them in row. At that evernt, the first try with tesafilm sticked lamps worked good enough for me. So I started with preparations to mount them properly. Screwed, so that I can still take them of and probably change the light source if I want.

For all this 'developement' my basic idea of a central frame and all parts somehow mounted with screws is very helpfull, I could just dismount the walls and interior and work with more space.

Ah, I forgot, the winch, the gear motor was replaced and the winch setup partially redone. The winch plattform and the upper part of the slip where also redone more stable and closer to newer photos I found.

Then came the roof. The test cross members (roof carrier) you could already see in the latest post. I got them redone in 2mm aluminum, cut by laser.  The connectors with rivets were 3D printed and sticked to it. In real the metal profiles building the cross members are partially 'angle profiles' - I skipped that idea. Should be just look-a-like and therefore I think it's not bad at all.

Currently I added some wooden beams for the roof, wich has been printed in parts. The idea is to have half the roof mounted and the other half easy to take of for exhibitions. The full roof system can be unfolded? (folded up?) so that I can still take the Tyne out.
The next days I'll mount the lamps and parts of the roof, in a week is another exhibition.
Best regards, Joerg

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2127
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2126
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2128
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 10:05 pm

more images
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2131
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2129
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2130
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 10:07 pm

more images
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2132
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Dsc07411
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Dsc07410
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 10:08 pm

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2134
and more
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Screen10
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 9:25 am

Very impressive Joerg

Barrie
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: update   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:16 pm

To glue the two parts of each roof section I used two leftover roofracks, mounted side by side so that I could fix the printed parts while glueing.
Finally I got 7 roof parts for one half. Maybe not the final parts but good enough for the fair/exhibition in Rostock (Ger).

Parallel the roof beams got some darkening color.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2137

That's how it should look at the end. The mounting of the roof parts happenend the evening before I left to Rostock.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2135

Not so bad...
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: roof   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:18 pm

Hi, to get on with the roof mount, I printed a few pieces to strengthen the mounting and give it more rigidity.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2139

in addition now all nuts got some sticky glue

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2138
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: lamps   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:21 pm

the lamps under the roof are hanged by chains, I mad en easy holder to glue onto the lampside and mouted the chain with wire to the roof beams.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2140
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2141
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2142

finally I made soldering conneions of all the wires ...
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: ligth connectors   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 10:24 pm

the lamp wires were all mounted with small plugs, these sticked into a socket. So I can always dismount the lamps.

To cover the sockets I just printed a small box.

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2144
Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Img_2143
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse   Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3