TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steam Tug Furie

Go down 
+2
davidjt
barriew
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:40 pm

The main deck is now almost complete Smile  All the fittings, except for the towing beam, are now fixed in place. I had a problem with the towing beam so am making a new one from plastic strip and rod, with a little brass for rigidity.
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0710 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0633

The dark marks on the deck are where the bollards were shown on the vinyl, but are wrong according to the plan and the photos of the original  bounce
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0634 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0635
The capping strip at the bows is finished and painted - still to install the supports and add the remaining fittings.
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0636

It will soon be time to tackle the bridge deck when I think my problems really start. I'm still trying to work out how I can retain maximum accessibility given the amount of stuff on the deck, and with ladders fore and aft. I have also decided to change to LiPo battery. My 12 volt SLA is not in very good condition, and only has a capacity of 1.3 Ahr. I could fit in a larger SLA, but I have a number of 11.1 volt LiPos, and the ESC I am using is LiPo aware, so I will go down that route.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:51 pm

I had problems with the brass on the Towing Beam, so it has been removed Rolling Eyes  As I need to be able to remove the beam to be able to remove the grating, I had to devise a method of holding it in place - not easy as the plastic retains some 'spring'. If this doesn't work in the long term I will make another in brass. The rear bulkhead still needs fixing, and indeed will have to be remade as I realised that the port side door is in the wrong place - Dean's fault not mine Shocked I have the rope guides for the steering to fix, as well as the ladder. I am going to try to create a platform fixed to the rear bulkhead for the ladder to rest on so that I don't have to have it attached to the bridge deck.
I have been working on the bridge deck. I think I worked out why there were three layers. The two plastic layers are only 1 mm, and so I assume the two layers were to give rigidity. In any case, I am doing it my way Laughing Laughing
The plastic layer will be removable - I have built in quite a bit if stiffening on the underside, which will also locate and hold it in the sub-deck. I hope this will be sufficient to hold it down, if not I will have to make some turn buttons accessible from underneath. I haven't fixed the sub-deck yet as I want to finish the equipment installation and I am waiting for some new connectors following my decision to switch to LiPo power.

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0711 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0712 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0713 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0714
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:22 pm

tops man. 2thumbsup Thumbup 2thumbsup Thumbup 2thumbsup Thumbup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Spot on Barrie.  2thumbsup Very Happy 2thumbsup Very Happy 2thumbsup Very Happy 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Whilst waiting for the postman, I cut out the parts for the wheelhouse. This includes some furniture. I would have liked to make this of veneered wood, but decided it was beyond my skills. I also considered using stick on wood veneer, but in the end I will paint it. Rolling Eyes As it will need painting inside and out, that will be tricky enough - there are a lot of windows as well Shocked
Once the postman had brought my connectors, I set to to complete the wiring. I find it quite difficult to do a neat job when the ESC and battery have fly leads which can't be modified. I also need to leave a reasonable length on the battery connection as I will have to lift it out through the hatch to unplug it, still its not too bad.
I came across a problem when testing. The receiver failed part way through testing Mad This is the first Orange DSM receiver that I have had fail (and I have a few!) To complete the testing I used one of my miniature receivers. All seems well, but the motor & propshaft are very noisy. Maybe some lubrication in the shaft will help.

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0715
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:11 am

A lot neater than mine usually are Barrie.   2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:40 pm

It will be better when I get the correct Receiver! (Interesting - I wanted to order a new one from HobbyKing UK. Total cost £13.56 because they only use Parcelforce for delivery. Ordering from the Netherlands, total cost £8.86 Laughing Laughing )

The rear bulkhead has been re-made, painted and fixed. The sub-deck has also been fixed, after I painted the edges to represent a water way. The main winch is also fixed. The wheelhouse is quite complicated as its furnished, so I have started painting the inside, and all the fittings that go in. When these have dried I will paint the outside, then glaze it before assembly.

Barrie
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0716 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0717 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0718

The funnel is not cut to size yet! Spot the deliberate mistake - the main hatch is on back to front lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Its a bit slow going at the moment as the cabin parts need painting on both sides, and require two coats each, which at this time of the year means overnight drying each time. They have now had their two coats, so next I can start cutting the glazing, then assemble it. Thumbup
I have cut the funnel to size, and cut the hole for it in the deck. The tow hook, which incorporates the rear mast mounting, has been painted and fitted. Fitting required some modifications as it was intended to fit to the bridge deck. This would have meant that the mast had to be removed with the deck. Instead I have cut away the deck to clear the fixings so that te deck will slide off without the hook and mast. I have tapered the mast ready for painting and the addition of lights etc.
I added a strip of plastic round the top of the funnel and painted it black. It needs a white stripe and a red letter W adding.
I have fitted the guides for the steering cables, and rather think that finalises the main deck - but there are still quite a lot of fittings in the trays.Rolling Eyes
It looks as though the weather will be suitable for sailing tomorrow, so no building.

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0719 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0720

Apologies for photo quality Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:26 pm

looking really good Barrie..........you are working wonders. neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 pm

Well - it was a beautiful morning. Sun shining, not much wind - ideal for sailing, except the lake was frozen:x bounce lol!
So, I did a bit more modelling instead Thumbup
The cabin is now assembled, but not finished. I spent quite a while trying to cut the glazing to fit the windows and glaze them individually, but gave up when I realised I would run out of material, and stuck it behind. This now opens up a number of tasks, including painting a suitable figure as the helmsman.
I will not stick the roof on yet - and may leave it removable for access in case anything comes adrift lol!
I've painted the lifeboats and cut some fabric to make covers for them. The davits have been cleaned up ready for painting, and the bits for the 'wall' at the front of the bridge deck are painted and ready for fitting. I'm going to have to modify the davits as they look as though they are intended for another model and have strange feet. Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0721 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0722
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:29 pm

great work barrie.........I trust that you have not sailed this partly built, lol.............I couldn't do that myself...would then get fed up of building and never finish a boat, lol
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:51 pm

No Neil - the only water its seen so far is the test tank lol! I'm not very good at going back and finishing, or even repairing , models once they're finished.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:07 pm

like me matey......always find it a real pain.............

once built the old HMS Kent from scrap planks of wood from the woodwork room I taught in.........each plank had it's own different coefficient of expansion and shrinking when wet.................and I made the mistake of sailing it once to see how much ballast it needed..........big mistake as it was in the days before my GRP days and never got round to sealing the inside..........it came close to sinking on many occasions as I just couldn't be bothered to finish it and just used it as a "hack" model whilst building others........last time I did it.............always finish my models now before plopping them in water..................mind you, give them their due praise......the two Robbe mini 200 speed controllers that I had in the boat were submerged in salt water more times than I have been drunk ( well not quite bit of an exaggeration there)............but I used to wash them out with cold tap water and they would be ready for the next sail........they were unbelievable things, lol
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:53 pm

The coaming for the wheelhouse was fitted today. Its very shallow as the wheelhouse has a floor - I hope it will be firm enough Rolling Eyes  If not, I'll have to try and fit some magnets to hold it tight. The 'wall' at the front of the bridge deck has been fitted along with the wings. Some touching up required here Wink . I will be fitting a rail on the top, which will continue on the railings towards the stern.
I wasn't happy with the cowl ventilators in the kit - very poor resin cast, so I ordered some new ones from Windy. Much better, and nearly painted. I've also painted the white band on the funnel - just need to cut the vinyl letter for it and it can be fixed in place.
I have tapered one mast, the main mast still to do. I also have to work out how I am going to fit the ladders to the bridge deck so that the deck can be removed. These are quite poor castings so I may have to raid the spares box.

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0723 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0724 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0725

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:10 am

Coming together very nicely Barrie.  2thumbsup Thumbup 2thumbsup Thumbup 2thumbsup Thumbup 2thumbsup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:33 am

Thanks Damien - yes it is beginning to look like a tug Smile I still have lots of fittings to find a home for.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0726

The funnel now has its letter W applied so its almost ready to fix in place. I need to add some mounting points for the securing stays, and the team pipe and whistle. I have covered the lifeboats with painted fabric, need to tidy them up and add some ropes. I've finished painting the ventilators ready for fixing, and touched up the front wall. I have now tapered the main mast and the bottom part of both masts have been painted - the photos of the real Furie show a black top to both masts. I have a number of other fittings in the process of being painted, so progress is being made Very Happy

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0727
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 5:49 pm

hi barrie,
your tug boat has turned out fantastic, from jumbled up plans you have done well 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup have you any bits left over Laughing our have you managed to find the right home for everything

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:53 pm

David,

I'm still working through the fittings. There are some I don't think I'll find a home for, but you never know.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Busy painting fittings, touching up and varnishing - Humbrol Satin Cote - the hull. I did finish the funnel and glued it in place after making and fitting the loops for the tie downs. I need some paint so off to the shops tomorrow. Rolling Eyes

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0728
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:04 pm

We must be nearing completion - the crew has started arriving on board lol! lol!
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0729
The main mast is now ready for lights and stays to be attached. I have added strengthening under the deck, and also on top. I am trying to decide if I should make it removable for transport and storage. The cabin roof has had one coat of paint, and some locating strips fitted. I will not glue it down just ye, although the helmsman is attached with some wires through the grating so should be secure. The bridge deck has been painted. I was concerned about the stanchions as the deck is only 1 mm thick, so I have added some 2 mm strips to give a firmer fixing.

Barrie
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0730
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 9:17 am

Really nice Barrie  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:07 pm

The forward railings have now been made, fitted and painted. This allowed me to fit the handrail round the bridge deck. The roof of the wheelhouse has been glued down, which probably means that something inside will come adrift tomorrow lol! lol!

I have decided the ladders provided are not suitable, so have ordered replacements, together with new life rings as those supplied are too big Mad  I was looking for new mast lights as well because those in the kit are quite the wrong style, but I can't find any the correct size in stock, so I will have to adapt those I've got.

I have fitted the stanchions to the rear of the bridge deck - railings to make and fix next, then I can fit the lifeboats. The other major job the masts and the rigging once I have modified the lights.

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0731
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm

I've finished the curved railings and painted them and given the others another coat. I'm not too happy with all the railings. I tried to solder them but had difficulty - the plastic was melting before the solder would flow - even with a hefty heatsink - so I had to glue them Sad
I have modified the mast lamps - as you will see from this photo
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0732
These have now been painted and I have made the platforms and fitted them to the masts. I'm just about ready to fix the masts and install the rigging. The turn screws for the rear mast have been fitted, just the forward ones to do. The lifeboats are ready for fixing, but I want to complete the rigging first.
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0733

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Barrie.........saw your request for the article on Rhum on mayhem..............I haven't got the article although I wish I had, but I am part of a way through a model of one of her sisters. Eigg............and have pics of Eigg and Raasay her other sister if you would like me to send you some of them. neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Neil,

Thanks for the offer. At the moment I wanted to see what the construction method was before I bought the plan. I think that the model in question is probably stand off. If I decide to go ahead I'll let you know.

Thanks again for the offer

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Neil, The model I am looking at is of a smaller class of Calmac ferries to yours. Not sure if I will build it or not, but if I do, no doubt my efforts will appear here Laughing lol!

After rather too many days away from the workshop for various reasons, this morning I managed to make some more progress Laughing
The two masts are now installed and rigged, the steering ropes have been fitted to the rear hull, and all railings finished painting. What remains is the rigging and fixing of the davits and lifeboats, and the ladders to the bridge deck from the fore and main decks. When those are completed, there will just be one or two fittings to find a home for,and final ballasting to take place Smile

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0734 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0735
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 5:51 pm

The davits have been modified and rigged,
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0736
As I have elected to show the boats covered, I needed to find a way of stowing the ropes. This required a small hole drilling out, then two more making and piece of brass wire inserting to make a cleat. These are now ready for mounting, which I hope to achieve tomorrow.

That leaves the ladders for accessing the bridge deck fore and aft. As mentioned I was not happy with the white metal ones supplied so I bought some wooden ones and made them up and painted them black. I also have one plastic one -
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0737
The wooden ones are a little large - though no bigger than that supplied. Also because I must have got something wrong (it couldn't  be the kit could it  Shocked ), there isn't really room for them. I think I am going to use the white plastic and one black wooden one.
Watch this space Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Back to top Go down
emrys
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 5:45 am

You have a fine looking model there Barrie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:20 am

I agree, and that's a hard job in itself with some kits and semi kits on the market. Thumbup 2thumbsup Thumbup 2thumbsup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:53 am

Yesterday I realised that my plan for mounting the davits wouldn't work Embarassed  I had planned to mount them in the gap between the deck and side of the boat. If I did that I realised that I wouldn't be able to remove the deck for access Rolling Eyes Embarassed Rolling Eyes

So I have made some mounts and screwed the davits to the plasticard ready for sticking to the actual deck. I just hope these will be firm enough. They are screwed to the smaller piece and the larger piece has a hole to clear the screw head.

Barrie
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0738
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 12:04 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks for the kind comments - as usual my boats look good 2 yards out on the water or in small photos lol! In reality the quality in no way matches Gribeauval or Roadrunner. Sad

We're almost there - the davits are fixed and the boats. It was very tight getting the boats in - I think they must be oversize, although they are as shown on the plan. I still have to deal with the steps fore and aft. In fact I am thinking of omitting the aft ones. They will look pretty silly as there is nowhere to go when you get to the top Rolling Eyes

I also need to source or make an engine telegraph. I have already cut down the one supplied in the kit, but its still too big and ugly - see the photo together with a 1/48th scale figure. Any ideas where I can get one?

I need to recheck for ballast now its complete. Having switched to LiPos, its going to need more than I thought. Hopefully a colleague the boat club has a supply of old roofing lead Laughing

Barrie
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0739
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0740 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0741 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0742 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0743
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanks for the kind comments - as usual my boats look good 2  yards out on the water or in small photos lol!  In reality the quality in no way matches Gribeauval or Roadrunner. Sad

We're almost there - the davits are fixed and the boats. It was very tight getting the boats in - I think they must be oversize, although they are as shown on the plan. I still have to deal with the steps fore and aft. In fact I am thinking of omitting the aft ones. They will look pretty silly as there is nowhere to go when you get to the top Rolling Eyes

I also need to source or make an engine telegraph. I have already cut down the one supplied in the kit, but its still too big and ugly - see the photo together with a 1/48th scale figure. Any ideas where I can get one?

I will have to recheck for ballast now its complete. Having switched to LiPos, its going to need more than I thought. I believe a colleague at the boat club has a supply of old roofing lead Laughing

Barrie
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0739
Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0740 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0741 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0742 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 101_0743
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 6:32 pm

hi barrie,

very nice build barrie 2thumbsup 2thumbsup , you have made a great job of it, and it should be great on the water. hope the maiden voyage goes well.

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks David - it was a bit of a struggle Rolling Eyes I think they just gathered a random selection of fittings instead of making the correct ones for this model. It may be a while before it gets wet, depending on if I have enough lead for the ballast as I go on holiday in two weeks time.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 3:22 pm

Today I installed the steps fore AND aft Shocked Shocked
I also made the telegraph. I think it is good enough - its hardly visible in the corner there. I also fitted the outside wheel and last two members of the crew. Just needs some lead and it will be ready to get wet.

Barrie

Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 P1010610 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 P1010611 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 P1010612 Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 P1010613
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Finally got it on the water this morning. Not an unqualified success. It needs more weight in the stern, and careful trimming of the ballast. Because it is quite narrow, it is very sensitive to unequal weights, and rolls quite a lot. Otherwise sails well on a 7.4 volt LiPo and will give a long run time I think.

However I may not be keeping this one lol!

No pictures as was also keeping an eye on my Grandson with his mini Fireboat Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam Tug Furie   Steam Tug Furie - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steam Tug Furie
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2