TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chinese Mini Tug

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 pm

This figure looks about the right size.

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1161 Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1162

unfortunately the pose is wrong, and I can't remember what scale he is supposed to be. Two his size with hands free would be good. The problem with these figures is that you get a random selection of poses.

More paint has been applied - I am sticking with more conventional tug colour schemes Rolling Eyes I also made a searchlight and a radar scanner. I just need to make navigation lights and an aerial. I will not be fitting a mast. I have a couple of bollards for the rear deck. I can't do any more to the cabin until I get the wheel I ordered from BattlecraftsCMB, but I can give the deck another coat of paint, and finish off the capping at the stern.

Barrie

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1163
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 12:44 pm

I gave the black a second coat after re-making the capping at the stern. Some other items were painted. I also tried my hand at sculpture Shocked  I sawed off the right arm of one of my figures and have tried to create a new arm that will allow him to steer the tug. Apart from giving the deck another coat of paint, and finishing my reshaped man, I am now stuck waiting for the wheel to arrive. This needs fitting before I install the windows and roof.

Barrie

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1164
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 3:49 pm

ouchhh……..you butcher!!!...……..I hope he recovers soon...…...or he won't be able to pick his nose or scratch his bum...……...shameless brutality,  lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 11:52 am

Painting now completed on the hull. The Captain is almost ready to take command. Just need a steering wheel so I can complete the cabin. I think I have all the fittings ready to go.

Barrie

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1166 Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1165
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:24 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup nice one barrie,

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 am

Still waiting for my wheel bounce I gave the lower hull and the deck a coat of matt varnish, after sticking the fittings on the deck. I have added a foam strip round the hull at deck level and will not be using the tyres that ere included in the kit. I have mounted the fittings on the cabin roof, although the roof is not fixed.

Barrie

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1167 Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1168
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 4:05 pm

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1170 Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1171

The wheel arrived today and has been fitted. The Captain fits and manages to hold the wheel - albeit rather casually with one hand in his pocket lol! lol! I am now ready to finish the model. I made a mast today and on my next session I will fit the glazing and then stick down the roof. I do have to try it in the test tank  - the washing up bowl I think. Not sure when that will be as I have to go and look at a possible new sailing water for our club tomorrow which means shopping is postponed until Friday Sad. I was going to buy some ply on Friday which will now have to wait until next week, and I've just got a 'taxi' job for Monday to Cambridge and Saffron Walden on Tuesday. bounce bounce

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 9:44 pm

are you pleased with it Barrie......I certainly would be...…...I think its a little cracker. TBH.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 7:17 am

Yes Neil - very pleased. For less than £50 including the extra bits I had to buy I think it was a good decision.

And wait until you see my next project - that cost even less 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Barrie

Last edited by barriew on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:17 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 7:48 pm

barriew wrote:
Yes Neil - very pleased. For less than £50 including the extra bits I had to buy I think it was a good decision.

And wait until you see my next project - that cost even less 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Barrie

keep us in suspense barrie, lol.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 pm

OK Neil, just for you a little taster. This cost me £8.71 from China. It is not intended as a working model! Length of hull is approx 9.5 inches.

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1172

so far I have dry fitted the bulkheads to the keel and then dropped on the deck. Everything beautifully laser cut and etched. The planking is laser cut from ply. It all fits!

Build log when I start building properly.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 4:01 pm

hi barrie,

you said my build looked big, that looks scratch smallllllllllllllllll ish  lol! 

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 4:20 pm

David - you may be right, but at least it didn't cost me much money lol! lol!

Final photos of the tug. All it needs is a new stand which is waiting for my visit to Maldon next week to buy some ply.

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1173 Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1210 Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Dscn1212

I tried it in the test tank - it needs a LOT of lead Shocked Shocked Shocked In fact I think too much. I am not sure that I can install what is needed to bring it down to a reasonable level but certainly not the water line. It looks as though it may have to remain dry. Crying or Very sad

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 11:03 pm

its a little cracker, barrie…………..hope you do get to sail it...……...nothing worse than a virgin boat.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 6:50 am

I will give it a go today. Part of the problem is the very limited access. I probably should have tried it before I added the deck Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Well - I managed to get just over half a kilo of lead into the hull. This brought it down quite a bit although not to the water line. I will have to wait and see how it performs when i get a chance to sail it.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 2:56 am

Can you put a false keel under it with the lead attached Barrie?
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 7:02 am

I could try Damien, but I think this is OK for the amount it will probably get sailed.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 am

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 2:08 pm

Finally got it in the water! It sails very well and looks pretty good. There is a problem with the rudder alignment, but otherwise I'm very pleased.

Barrie

Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Img_2019
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Mini Tug   Chinese Mini Tug - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Mini Tug
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2