TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

50 ft Thames class lifeboat

Go down 
+5
spongie
Roadrunner
Tug--Kenny
intrepid75
gribeauval
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50 ft Thames class lifeboat   50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:48 am

gribeauval wrote:
Took the Thames to the Blackpool show yesterday as part of the Lifeboat Enthuisiasts Society display. 

50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 On-the-water_zps0a3bdf82

Short clip taken by my son of her on the water

Click for direct link

That's all for this build, I hope you enjoyed watching her birth as much as I did building her.

Mike

On the water she performed well within the confines of the indoor pool and this picture shows her with the Arun (centre) and the Severn (right) that followed her after she left Falmouth to go to Dover.But she didnt get taken home by Mike, instead after a lot of pleading,she was purchased by me,and sailed back to her new port,Falmouth,where she was originally stationed.Incidentally 50-001 was not named until after she left Falmouth to go on service at Dover. Her first shout whilst at Falmouth turned out to be a bronze medal service in horrific seas.
Mick F
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 ft Thames class lifeboat   50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:28 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50 ft Thames class lifeboat   50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:20 am

good to see you posting on here Mick..........bet you looking forward to seeing this Severn take shape.........Mike's doing a beautiful job of it too.............you lucky man.
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: 50 ft Thames class lifeboat   50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:53 pm

Thanks Neil,
Slowly finding my way round and will post regularly I hope,in future.
Yes, I will be following Mikes build of The Will,very closely.It is an in between build for Mike,and he will be working on her during any spare time from his other projects,and I am sure it is going to be a very interesting build,as well as being another of Mikes wonderful models.
Back to top Go down
RedReiter83
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Waveny R.N.L.B 1:16 ?   50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm

Any chance you would like to share your drawings.
I started my project nearly 50 years ago, and now that i have retired. May actually have time to complete it..
My project started with a bare hull
The drawings i have are disintegrating.
 Vector drawings would let me rescale and then have them printed.
Ray
Back to top Go down
Dolphin15
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: 50 ft Thames class lifeboat   50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2024 4:07 pm

Great to see the progression and detail. Inspiring.Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50 ft Thames class lifeboat   50 ft Thames class lifeboat - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

50 ft Thames class lifeboat
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4