TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry

Go down 
+13
battleshipbuff
Tug--Kenny
carlmt
vnkiwi
wbeedie
Roadrunner
gribeauval
Oldsmokey
Cody614
davidjt
Windy
barriew
Footski
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage

Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 8:34 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 am

One beautiful build there, Neil.

I really enjoyed reading through and watching your craftsmanship.   Well done Sir

Cheers

ken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks for the comments Ken..........I cannot say it was a pleasure to build, until I put that last flag on her..................but it was interesting, taught me a lot about planning, and that, unlike my lifeboats where I am totally in my comfort zone, this was something that needed a lot of concentration to do...............in the end I am happy with the finished model.............and look forward to plopping her in the water................but it'll be the kids paddling pool first, as it's so b****y heavy, I have a feeling it's going to be renamed HMS Trafalgar, after the Trident class submarine affraid affraid affraid lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Well done Neil, took you long enough mind lol!

2thumbsup

Now to gather energy to finish a project! So far 11 outstanding. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Roadrunner wrote:
Well done Neil, took you long enough mind lol!

2thumbsup

Now to gather energy to finish a project!  So far 11 outstanding. Razz
I know mate.......never taken that long to finish one...........and talking of endurance.....

now, THIS really is an endurance, lol......................inflating the "test tank"......my kids paddling pool when they were 8/10 respectively and now 18/20 lol.........it takes about 2 hours to pump up and 3 hours to fill............so as I only started about 30 minutes ago........it's going to be another late night............wish I'd fitted lights to the model now.

but will test it out tomorrow, if the sunny weather holds........but sadly forecast for rain and wind........so might hold off lol...........don't like getting my boats wet.

Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 Img_5922
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:02 am

tested this morning.......just had to swap over the leads on the rear motor as they were working in opposing directions, and have the motors running forward when I pull the stick back towards me instead of pushing forward........but minor matters.........just need to read my instructions on reversing the switches................but she has bags of ummmph.....even at half stick..........she'll be doing 40 - 50 knots on full stick lol.

since posting this earlier, I had a think about the job.........the rear motor was running in a FORWARD  movement on forward control originally whilst the bow motor was running astern............so I changed the rear motor as to how it was originally plugged in and just swapped the terminal leads on the bow motor over................it now goes forward on forward stick n vise versa.........job done.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 6:19 pm

see you have got some knowledge of electrics scratch you no the difference between backwards and forwards   lol! lol! lol!  great build neil 2thumbsup 2thumbsup  i new you couldnt give up on model boats your hooked.  study now and get on with the this steam boat  Wink

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 6:27 pm

davidjt wrote:
see you have got some knowledge of electrics scratch you no the difference between backwards and forwards   lol! lol! lol!  great build neil 2thumbsup 2thumbsup  i new you couldnt give up on model boats your hooked.  study now and get on with the this steam boat  Wink

david
that's about all I do know about electrics david. lol

yes, looking forward to the new lifeboat..........just put a video on the mayhem facebook page of her bumping around the paddling pool............didn't realise how small the pool is, lol.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ModelBoatMayhem/?multi_permalinks=493929150945409¬if_t=like¬if_id=1499075831820861
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry   Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jupiter, a Caledonian macBrayne Ferry
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15