TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
stephen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire Empty
PostSubject: 6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire   6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 10:21 am

when i came to try out electrics connected the black to black terminal and come to connect the red wire as soon as i touch terminal with red wire starts sparking smolderring dot know whats causing this not so good on electrics any ideas thanks steve
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire   6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Sounds like you've got a short Shocked Check all your wiring. Check your plugs and sockets to make sure the two wires are not touching.

If the circuit is live when you connect up, its normal for a small spark as you connect the positive lead, but this shouldn't continue once the connection is firmly made.

If you can upload a photo of your set-up it may be possible to see what's wrong.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
stephen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: 6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire   6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Thanks for the advice Barrie will check wireing when i go to my workshop thursday morning
if it still shorting will try and upload a picture just wondering if the servo etc are compatable with battery 
i have 6v.5AH/20HR Battery to Graupner Navy V40 to motor MFA/comodrills 6-15v DC and FUTBA R152JE 2ch Reciever
Regards Steve scratch
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire   6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 6:21 pm

There should be no problems there with compatibility. I assume you are powering everything from the 6volt battery - you don't have a separate battery for the receiver?

Barrie
Back to top Go down
stephen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: 6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire   6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 6:20 pm

HI Barrie
Have got power to motor was wired up wrong but cannot get the servo working have a 4x aa battery pack pluged into the battery 
socket on reciever how do i connect to main battery 6v
thanks Steve scratch
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire   6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 7:09 pm

Steve

If your 6 volt is connected to the ESC, then it should be providing power to the Receiver and the servo. Do not connect a separate battery to the receiver. I am not familiar with the Graupner ESC, but will look it up and check it has a battery eliminator circuit. (BEC)

Ill add to this when I've done some research.

Barrie

Later

I've checked the V40R and it does have a BEC so you definitely do not need a separate battery for the Radio and servo. The following sketch shows how to wire up your model.

6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire Scan_211

I've shown a switch in the positive lead, but this may not be needed as I think I read that the ESC has a switch. You should really replace the switch with a Fuse with a value less than the maximum rating of the ESC. Car type blade fuses are suitable.

The ESC seems a little over complicated being programmable, but should be OK. What is your model?

Barrie
Back to top Go down
stephen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: 6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire   6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Thanks for that Barrie I was a deepsea fiherman working arctic waters for the past 25years out of hull and germany
trawlers called arctic warrior and kirkella H7 working a 3 month rota back to back with relief crew whilst home started 
making model boats 1st one being Boston Typhoon from Mountfleet models found you can get plans on internet one of my mates ask me to do the norina for him so i did it its displayed in a fleetwood pub were i live then it got out of hand most of old fishermen i know want there fav trawlers doing to display in there homes so i find a plan to suit model and costamize the superstructure have done 7 or 8 fleetwood trawlers upto now usually static models with lights but this model is the guys own boat small 40 ft fishing trawler called Mi-Amour FD1 he wants a working model for boating lake
with lights working
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire   6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire Empty

Back to top Go down

6volt battery sparking when conecting live wire
Page 1 of 1