TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shannon Boat and Launch Unit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zetec
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Empty
PostSubject: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi I have just got a round to posting the pictures of my Shannon Boat and Launch UnitShannon Boat and Launch Unit Tt1010
Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Tt_9a10
Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Tt_410
Back to top Go down
zetec
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Tt_310
Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Tt_510
Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Sb_910
Back to top Go down
zetec
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Sb_510
Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Sb_710
Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Sb_210
Back to top Go down
zetec
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Sb_110
Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Sb_810
Back to top Go down
zetec
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi sorry about the 2 pictures that are the same if someone with the knowledge can delete one that would be great THANKS

John
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Very nice. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 

1/12th scale I assume.

Mike
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Astounding 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

( Hope I deleted the right one Rolling Eyes)

Barrie
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 9:39 pm

What a fantastic model, a work of art, the detailing is absolutely beautiful, what more can I say, Superb. 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:16 am

that is serious modelling Zetec...……….just absolutely amazing...……...what a work of art.
Back to top Go down
zetec
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 7:38 am

Hi all many thanks for the kind remarks that you have left. To answer some of the questions asked. The whole unit is built at 1/12th scale and is approx 1700mm in length. The whole unit is nearly all scratch built on the Tractor and Trailer the only bits not scratch built or altered by me are the sprocket wheels and track and on the boat it’s the front part of the cabin and windows these were from MBD and the water jets plus the cabin seats. I even had to lengthen the fenders as they were about 30mm to short for this boat. It was built to go on display at Ilfracombe Lifeboat Station so I did not put any electronics in it as it would have been a waste of money. So when I built it I made it so it could in the future be made to work etc all that is needed on the tractor unit is to put new shafts [all readymade] in the drive wheels so the motors could be connected to them there is already  a motor in the ram to operate it up and down and to put a motor so the whole bed unit can turn 360degress a small servo would be needed to pull the release to turn the whole bed, with batteries, electronics and wiring you should have a working model. On the boat you need motors, electronics servos and wireing. All the other items on the boat and tractor unit are scratch built or have been altered by me. The boat can have a cable coming from beside the rear door [like on the real one] so it could be connected to a power source to operate any of the lights on it which is controlled by switches in the cabin.
Even the crew said they had to look twice to make sure it was not the real boat. I did lose a bit of sanity as there were a lot of problems not helped by the fact that the plans do not show both side. I put the glass in masked it up sprayed it up took the tape off to find the glass had stress cracks on them so it was a bit of a job cutting the glass out without damaging the paint work. I also had to build the bed 3 times as it warped twice plus a lot of other small problems. Most of the work was done with a very small selection of hand tools a vertical drilling machine and very small lath
Zetec
Back to top Go down
zetec
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 7:39 am

Last 2 pictures of the Boat with the lights onShannon Boat and Launch Unit Sb_1010
Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Sb_1110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:47 pm

just brilliant, john......outstanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 5:46 am

Agreed Outstanding  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Boat and Launch Unit   Shannon Boat and Launch Unit Empty

Back to top Go down

Shannon Boat and Launch Unit
Page 1 of 1