TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brushed Speed Controllers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

Brushed Speed Controllers Empty
PostSubject: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi again!
I was wondering if the cheap speed controllers you see on e bay etc are any good? There are so many different types for brushed motors,as low as £4,
And up to around £8?
I have bought a few of the shiny blue Chinese ones before now,and only had one catch fire,and two not working from the word go,but there are so many other cheapos listed,I wondered if they are worth the risk?
Normally I would go for Mtronics,or Action,but a shortage of cash stops me paying that much at the moment.
I really need to get two of my models working and need four escs,so any advice would be well received
Many Thanks
Mick F
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 7:43 am

hi mick,

I swear by these  esc 2thumbsup , I have the duel ones in all my twin prop lifeboats perfect for twin motors but don't work the motors independently  and the single one in single prop boats. never had one fry never had one fail these are the ones I have in photos. I have had more problems with mtroniks  but must say they have always replaced them they are good as well. I must have at least 10 now. I am  like you living on tight budget.
the single one is £5.99 and the dual is £7.27 on ebay they are more or less the same with fan on top

Brushed Speed Controllers 5a79a210

Brushed Speed Controllers 5a79a210
this one above is single motor but will work two

this one below is a dual esc

Brushed Speed Controllers 14996911
this one they call dual motor it connects to two motors working together instead of getting two esc. hope this helps if you need any more help let me no. I will state I have no problems with any other makes I just find these good. every one can make your own mind up.

Brushed Speed Controllers Dscf6010

this is a dual esc on my lifeboat

Brushed Speed Controllers Rother10

this is the boat its in.

david
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Brushed speed controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 11:42 am

Thanks David,
That is one of the one of the ones I was looking at! Good to know they are reliable.
I assume they would work with a 2.4 GHz set up,I am using a planet radio at the moment
I will order a couple of the single ones and see how I get on.Nice model by the way, I run mine as the Diana White,which was stationed down at Sennen Cove near Lands End.
Mick F
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm

hi mick,

yes I run them on 2.4ghz, 40 mhz fm, and even 27 mhz  so I don't think you should have any problems.

the boat in the picture is based on( Horace Clarkson ) based at moelfre . 

david
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Brushed speed controller   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi David,
Could you give me a link to the ESC please as be danged if I can find it again!
The only one I can find has a brake and I definitely don't want vthat lol
Thanks
Mick F
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 3:43 pm

battleshipbuff wrote:
Hi David,
Could you give me a link to the ESC please as be danged if I can find it again!
The only one I can find has a brake and I definitely don't want vthat lol
Thanks
Mick F
 that single one shown also has a brake! I put two in a Watson by mistake and nearly ruined the bow against the bank!!
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Not as cheap but you can turn the brake off by simply moving a jumper on the outside of the esc. You can also set for lipo or NiMh with the second jumper. They have good slow speed control and will handle up to 60 amps. We have a pair in David's Shannon running the Speed 600's on the water jets with 25 amp fuses and they don't even get warm.

They were recommended to me by a friend who races r/c off road buggies and he has been using them for years.

Esc's

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 5:52 pm

hi mick .

sorry I am useless at doing links since I had windows 10. the ebay item no for it was 142780888112. hope this helps. I still have windows xp but not connected to the web,  never had trouble doing links etc this windows 10 I think is c--p Laughing . all I do is put esc for radio control and all types come up.

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Mick

This is the item David was referring to. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=142780888112&_sacat=0

Barrie
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 6:01 pm

saved again Laughing where would I be with out you barrie Embarassed . that's why I don't like posting some times just in case some one wants a link I am usless scratch 

thanks david
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 9:06 pm

gribeauval wrote:
Not as cheap but you can turn the brake off by simply moving a jumper on the outside of the esc. You can also set for lipo or NiMh with the second jumper. They have good slow speed control and will handle up to 60 amps. We have a pair in David's Shannon running the Speed 600's on the water jets with 25 amp fuses and they don't even get warm.

They were recommended to me by a friend who races r/c off road buggies and he has been using them for years.

Esc's

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Hi Mike,
Are you meaning the ones that davidjt have mentioned,as when you put not as cheap but.... It made me think you meant another type?
Cheers
Mick F
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 pm

davidjt wrote:
saved again Laughing where would I be with out you barrie Embarassed . that's why I don't like posting some times just in case some one wants a link I am usless scratch 

thanks david
Totally understand your thoughts on Windows 10, there are a lot of things I could do before,but can't now,using it,wish I never upgraded!
lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 9:10 pm

barriew wrote:
Mick

This is the item David was referring to. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=142780888112&_sacat=0

Barrie
Thank you my friend will have a search
Mick F Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brushed Speed Controllers   Brushed Speed Controllers Empty

Back to top Go down

Brushed Speed Controllers
Page 1 of 1