TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? Empty
PostSubject: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 10:18 pm

Would anyone be interested in watching me start a model from concept to completion? This will include drawing up full scale plans as the model I'm looking to create for this project has very limited information, and only a few photos exist.

I have located a model of this built to a very excellent standard and built from what I understand to be 'by eye measurements' but with no actual plan or real drawings to put everything into scale best guess is only as good as the modeller.

I'm looking to do a paddle steamer, hence the reason for looking at the wrigly plans as they give me a better understanding of working concepts of a model like this which I can use to help make working technical drawings.

I'm no stranger to doing technical drawings, it's been many years since doing full plans but skills not forgotten from college. Although drawings of deep vee and similar planing hulls is straight forward and not exactly hard as most of the technical parts are prop and shaft, these plans will push my own understanding and learning curve with paddle wheels and working linkages etc.

If there is a large interest in doing this build and I can get the model finished I will be able to offer plans for other budding builders.

I know I haven't mentioned the boats name as yet i'ld rather let the drawings show its design so you'll see I haven't just ripped off someone's plan! 

I'ld be looking to build this at 1:24 scale for electric drive making it Aprox 50cm in length wih a 20cm beam making this a manageable project for not only myself but others to try, keeping it reasonable light weight. With also the option to scale it up to 1:12 for using a live 3" vertical boiler and slide valve engine for those who can afford or have the ability to build steam units.

Feed back welcome, I will be building the model regardless I just wanted to know if others would like to see production drawings to proof of concept.

RR

nivapilot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
nivapilot

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:08 am

Yes please, it would be nice to see, I might get some inspiration and more than a few ideas.
Go Roadrunner,Go. bounce
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:47 am

The proposed size certainly fits my criteria, but I've not been too successful with paddlers - either side or stern wheel ones. Rolling Eyes I would be interested to see how you get on.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 9:31 am

Yes please do it, it would be good to see the planning side and the working as I have plans for the "Duchess of Fife" which is to be my next project once I get back into it and get the two current builds on the way a little more. I want to, if funds will allow, to have it with live steam.

As said above Go Roadrunner Go 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Sure would Aron.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 9:55 pm

simple answer.........YES PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 10:28 am

It sounds right up you're street.  I would follow this with great interest.  cheers

Cheers

ken
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 am

Hey Ken, nice to see you pop up on the map, how's the Monster build going? Photos!

Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi Road Runner,

I could do a brief resume of the  Seabex One  build if interested.  The model is now finished and was up for sale on the other forum, but no takers yet.

cheers

ken
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 9:58 pm

post away Kenny !!!!!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?   Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest? Empty

Back to top Go down

Proof of concept plans. New project. Interest?
Page 1 of 1