TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)

Go down 
+2
barriew
Windy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Windy
Gunner
Gunner

Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:51 pm

I am actually only making the GRP bodies for another company so I won't be progressing any further than what you see here (apart from a bit of a clean up)

You will have to come over sometime, Aberdare is only about 35 minutes away..

Are you going to Llancaiach Fawr manor model show next month??

Mark..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 9:59 pm

AM ALWAYS AMAZED BY YOUR NONE BOAT BITS..........LOVE EM.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 12:13 am

Honestly i'm not sure, if i'm attending i'll speak to the boss and see whats what!

would be nice to get to go to a show if i was back in cornwall i would have been displaying at 5 by now! 

i missed one of the local shows 2 weeks ago that was like  a mile away from me, not long moved to wales so still trying to find things to do other then build in doors, other issue is closest club to me in Cardiff but its a pain in the back side to get there on Sundays since i have no car  Crying or Very sad and the damn busses don't start up till 2pm!! 

Suggestions on a post card

Windy
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 6:26 pm

Bryn Bach model boat club is only 20 minutes from you, I was at their open day 2 weeks ago & had a real chilled out day chin wagging, nice bunch of lads....

Mark..
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Thanks for the info, i'll take a look in since their scale sail days are wed and sat making it much easier for transport!

Windy
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 5:29 pm

I forgot to post up the finished model DOH!!!!
Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Trader16
Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Trader13
Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Trader10
Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Trader11
Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Trader12
Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Trader15
Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Trader14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:39 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup  Blurry marvellous Mark  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:52 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup  Superb 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:48 pm

luv it, mark......well done
Back to top Go down
Windy
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi all, been a bit quiet on here of late, sorry..... Anyway, the last couple of months I have been working up a plug for a 5" gauge class 37 loco body, another biggie, it is sitting on an 8' workbench.. Should be ready to make the moulds in a couple of weeks, (just for you Neil it will be a 15 piece mould!!!! yes 15!!) 

Sorry the workshop is in a mess...

Mark..

Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Class_11

Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Class_10
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Brilliant Mark - compared with Neil's you workshop looks nice and tidy lol! lol! lol!

Barrie
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 6:11 pm

hi mark,
what materials have you used to make it brilliant work  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 

barrie,   

neil  needs GPS to find his way in and out of his work shop lol! lol! lol! lol! 

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 6:15 pm

barriew wrote:
Brilliant Mark - compared with Neil's you workshop looks nice and tidy lol! lol! lol!

Barrie
CHEEKY BUGGARS...…. I love the engine Mark....I know very little about railway engines but is that called a Deltic…….remember the shape of those from being a young lad coming in to Fleetwood with boat loads of people for the IOM steamers. 

that is a real beaity…..what gauge is it, 5 or 7 inch...…….might see one on our local train enthusiast track down the road from me in the future.

what engine /motor would propel that and some cradles of people/……...a mobility scooter or caravan mover motor would be the only thing I could think of, unless you go down the route of a chainsaw or petrol mower engine....

would love to see one in operation mate......simply gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Awesome I love trains!

Windy
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi Neil, no the Deltic is a class 55 but they do look similar, this one is 5" gauge (approx 1/12th) motive power can be 4x or 6x 250 watt 24v motors depending on how deep your pockets are (the motors are £45 each)..

David, the plug was initially made from MDF. Then I lay GRP tissue followed by flowcoat gelcoat, this is pigmented white as I find it the easiest colour to see & fix blemishes using the guide coat method, a light spray of black paint & then flatted back until all the black paint is gone..  

Mark..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 12:27 am

Thumbup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:13 pm

MARTIN...………

your beautiful work has been placed into your own thread here, https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/t1749-specialbuilder-my-builds#16135   for anyone to look at and comment on...….

it saves other persons work and threads being clogged up with material not appertaining to their own work.

please post more photos of that beautiful Vincent that you are building.love it.

neil.

your thread is here         https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/t1749-specialbuilder-my-builds#16135
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)   Another side to MMB. (When not making boats) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another side to MMB. (When not making boats)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2