TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buy your own boat pond.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Buy your own boat pond. Empty
PostSubject: Buy your own boat pond.   Buy your own boat pond. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Private British lake goes on sale on eBay

A LAKE in England which inspired William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter is up for sale on eBay.
Esthwaite Water, the Lake District's largest privately-owned lake, is the first lake in the world to be sold on the internet auction site.
Owner Nigel Woodhouse is approaching retirement age and is selling the 113 hectare lake and its established leisure businesses.
Woodhouse, who has been in charge of the lake for 32 years, told The Westmorland Gazette he chose eBay because he wanted to "broadcast it to the world".
"The literary and natural importance of the lake is likely to attract an international audience, so what better way to get the message out?" he said.
"I will be sad to see it go - it has been my life."
Esthwaite Water, which straddles the villages of Near Sawrey and Hawkshead, was described by author Potter as her "favourite lake" and the area now pays homage to the Peter Rabbit creator in the form of a licensed nature trail.
It also features in the Lyrical Ballads of poet Wordsworth.
The lake has a classified ad price on eBay of STG300,000 ($A506,285)
The seller notes state: "A significant 280-acre lake in the heart of the Lake District with well-established leisure businesses offering a shop, cafe, boating, fishing, and visitor attraction. Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to acquire an assignable lease on the largest privately owned lake in the Lake District.
"It is the largest stocked fishing lake in the North West region, with significant winter trading. Home to Jeremy Fisher, with a licensed Beatrix Potter nature trail, and huge potential to capitalise on the well-established Beatrix Potter market."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy your own boat pond.   Buy your own boat pond. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:30 pm

about an hour's drive from me Damien.........now where can I get my hands on 300K
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy your own boat pond.   Buy your own boat pond. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:29 am

There's the rub Neil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buy your own boat pond.   Buy your own boat pond. Empty

Back to top Go down

Buy your own boat pond.
Page 1 of 1