TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting a good mix of resin and hardener

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Getting a good mix of resin and hardener Empty
PostSubject: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Getting a good mix of resin and hardener EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:37 am

After having problems getting an even mix after mixing with various items and having sticky patched on the surface I thought of a small battery operated paint stirrer a check on ebay came up with several in UK & US they were expensive with post added, I already had a 65mm Graupner prop on a 4mm shaft I'd used for mixing Auto paint set me searching what I had in small props and found these.

Getting a good mix of resin and hardener DSCF2335_zpsdc29eea8

I have no idea where I got them l & rhd 30mm on 1.5mm shaft on screw driver speed it produced a mini cyclone effect in a cut down 50mm plastic pill bottle and the result was a perfect cure.
I expect these shaft/pros could be found in elcheapo kids boats.

Damien.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Getting a good mix of resin and hardener EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Damien if you fix a disc about twice the diametre of the prop on the shaft about an inch away from it splashing up is less of a problem when run in reverse and an even beter mix results
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Getting a good mix of resin and hardener EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 am

good idea.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Getting a good mix of resin and hardener EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Just a little trick I picked up of a plasterer friend of mine who modified his plaster stirrer the same way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a good mix of resin and hardener   Getting a good mix of resin and hardener Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a good mix of resin and hardener
Page 1 of 1