TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:17 pm

I've left this open to allow everyone to have a say of things they would like to see on the forum, this includes new sections or splitting up sections.

Any Reasonable suggestion will be considered and democratically put to a vote to see if the interest is there, before being implemented.
Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:09 pm

hi RR, i would like to see a section where those doing a charity event could place their ideas/events, so that the thread doesn't get buried too deeply in the general chit chat of modelling, .
and if such a section exists, people can have a look directly similarly as one would do with club events.
neil.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Best I can do about that is to make the thread a sticky so it remains at the top of the page (alphabetical)

Post your thread and I will Sticky it.

Reason I say thread rather then section is that events such as yours (private charity events) don't come up to often and club events have there own section already.
Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:10 pm

will do RR. cheers.

neil.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Neil

A Section has been created for 'other events' post your life boat run there.

Charity Event Section
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi RR

I'm noticing that every reply I give in different topics automatically sends me notification of further replies. Consequently my mail box is filling up.

Could the system be changed so that we have to ask for further notifications please.

Just a thought. Hope it's not too much trouble

regards

Ken

edit
upon further investigation ...... I notice a button down here which cancels the emails.

Silly me, still on my learning curve ........................................................|
....................................................................................................... \/

Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:49 am

Hey Kenny to stop that its in your settings.

Go to Profile -> Preferences -> 5th down on list ->''Always notify me of replies :
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.'' set to OFF & save.

You can also stop watching topics by... top of page where the yellow direction arrows are above theres a button called Action! click it and a little box pops up, now click Topic(s) being watched which will take you to a sub menu with all topics your watching, tick the boxes on the far right to mark TOPIC(S) then click the button at the bottom (in white) ''stop watching topic(s)''

done

RR

Kleban
Midshipman
Midshipman
Kleban

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:20 am

Hello RR

I have mentioned this on Mayhem, however how about setting up a glossary for model boat components and terminology.
This will no doubt be of benefit to the newcomers of the hobby ... geek
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Hey bud and your not wrong there, one of the first few posts of the forum was that basic information, i updated my original a tiny bit, Phil winks has also created a brushless section off his knowledge, and i'm sure as the forum progresses a few more will pop up.

If you would like to have a read they are located in the 'all things electrical' section of the forum or just click here

Kleban
Midshipman
Midshipman
Kleban

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:03 am

Roadrunner wrote:
Hey bud and your not wrong there, one of the first few posts of the forum was that basic information, i updated my original a tiny bit, Phil winks has also created a brushless section off his knowledge, and i'm sure as the forum progresses a few more will pop up.

If you would like to have a read they are located in the 'all things electrical' section of the forum or just click here

Great ... cheers
Back to top Go down
pugwash
Midshipman
Midshipman

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 am

RR. The last forum which you have now resurrected had a photo competition and the
winning photo became part of the forum heading for a couple of months until the next
round of the competition. Subject had to be boat related either models or the real things.
Footski (being an ex-professional photographer) was the judge.
Is it worth asking the members if there is any interest in starting this again.

Geoff
Back to top Go down
http://geoffreyhobson@talktalk.co.uk
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Geoff,

I think it is a great idea. Unfortunately at the time of the last forum collapse we were running a competition but only 2 or 3 had entered after 2 weeks!!!!

If you guys want a competition then please say so here and if we get enough interest I will happily run one....

Barry
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:40 am

Well i'm open to that if people feel that what they would like to see up there, i will run the logo comp till the end of the month, so i guess we can put a photo up within sites logo or just the photo (sure i can work something out) ,pugwash if you want to organise it under a new topic feel free to do so. Run the comp for a month so everyone gets a fair crack at it, then decide who you would like to judge the photo's,maybe between yourself and Footski? once winner is decided i'll edit it to sit up the top for all to see.

RR

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:46 am

Where should I put a thread on ho I get models to the lake?
Along time ago I posted in a thread on mayhem where folks posted all types of cradles car carriers etc.
Damien.
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 am

Damien wrote:
Where should I put a thread on ho I get models to the lake?
Along time ago I posted in a thread on mayhem where folks posted all types of cradles car carriers etc.
Damien.

Damien,

I remember that thread and very good it was too. Put it in the "Tips and Tricks" section as it is full of good ideas..
Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:43 am

Thanks Barry will do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions   Forum Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions
Page 1 of 1