TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!

Go down 
+10
tattooed
Tug--Kenny
scalloway41
phil winks
pugwash
AlanP
HS93
intrepid75
Windy
Footski
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:19 pm

I sometimes wonder about those stats especially given the trend for very localized weather patterns. these used to be considered freak conditions Ie ottery st mary 3 yrs ago suffering a devastating hail storm in I think May however silly weather is getting more common and must play havoc with the stats given the relatively few measuring stations, 1 or 2 per 100 square miles (not high density), in the country

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:09 pm

after 6 attempts and a total of 1250 minutes downloading time, I was able to finally get my 6 minute video of the Mary Stanford finally uploadted to Youtube..........the other two 1.5 minute videos seamed to be a breeze after that, lol.

what is wrong with youtube or does it always take that long to upload videos??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BhFWiQspbY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUE6G54GxV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IPGqapDrm8

hope you like them above the wind noise ( the wind noise suppress was set on the camera by the way!)

neil.
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Love them good Sir and as for the wind noise, it just reminds me of what I am flying into in Manchester in the morning!!! Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 pm

very nice Neil well worth the wait Ibet your chuffed. as for utube taking an age to upload i can't say i've ever had that issue so no idea why it did mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:25 pm

thanks guys..............yes, Phill I am very pleased with the way she sails..........she was so steady and , dare I say, stiff on the water.......no roll, and she had little yaw and sailed through the water instead of on top of it, giving a true lifeboat like performance..............and not a single drop of water in the hull....absolutely dry as a bone.......

well pleased with her................just have to pick a nice day, now to get the other two on the lake........perhaps next spring, by the way this weather is going, lol
Back to top Go down
Windy
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:34 pm

nhp651 wrote:
well pleased with her................just have to pick a nice day, now to get the other two on the lake........perhaps next spring, by the way this weather is going, lol

The way the weather is going at the moment Neil perhaps you could launch them in the back garden...... lol! lol!

W...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Windy wrote:
nhp651 wrote:

The way the weather is going at the moment Neil perhaps you could launch them in the back garden...... lol! lol!

W...

A truer word was never spoken, windy..............I am lucky I dug a sump and put a pump in about 8 years ago when a t***** moved in at the back of us......he filled a drainage ditch between the two houses and chopped all his trees down.....causing our garden ( lower than his) to flood...............I have had to pump it out on the hour every hour the past two days, and the tank holds 100 gallons a time..........it's been unbelievable the last few days.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 pm

That doesn't sound good Neil ! surely there's some form of redress against a neighbor who deliberately alters drainage and causes a problem ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 pm

no mate.....I contacted the council when he did it, and they said there was nothing I could do, as the ditch was on the other side of my fence...ie on his land..........and anyway, he's long gone to sunny south france.......

he was a retired squadron leader who used to train the Red Arrows.......and was used to barking orders, but when he came up against me, he didn't have a clue how to handle me....so just stuck his head in the sand and did it his way come what may..........it did flood his garden as well, but not as much as mine, and probably realised afterwards that he'd dropped a bollox and never spoke to me again, lol
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Sounds like a bit of a prat. but I'd best be careful cos my brothers about to become a retired Sqn Leader lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:16 am

he was, matey...like most that have gone through the ranks....they can't think for themselves, as are used to taking and barking orders from and to others, and when exposed to clear thinkers.

They really are like fish out of water!!
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm

I wish I'd got a set-up like that Neil, here is the only thing I've got a lowly Card table, and i still manage.

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 100_0111
A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 100_0011
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 pm

and you do very well with it too, Tony

I'm always impressed with what you build.

neil.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Cheers mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11