TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!

Go down 
+10
tattooed
Tug--Kenny
scalloway41
phil winks
pugwash
AlanP
HS93
intrepid75
Windy
Footski
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Lovely Neil absolutely lovely mate. don't worry about having built a rubber boat lol thats defo a camera/software issue makes for a fun to watch vid though even if its for the wrong reasons lol

Enjoy your hols reckon you deserve them
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:48 am

Beautiful Neil, but reckon your mates video camera is due for the scrap yard!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:56 am

actually Barry......found out it's not his filming......apparently it's Youtube have a new thing that they ask if you want the "shakey" bits taking out of the video..........and when you say yes..........it ends up like that..................I think they need to look at their software.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 pm

the first day I've had with decent weather lasting long enough to get them all out together and take some photos of them in nice sunlight.........

THE THREE SISTERS TOGETHER.......I think they look well.

looking forward to getting all three of them the lake after my hols together.

Luckily someone who wanted 1st refusal on one of the boats has decided not to proceed as I had put R/C into the boat,thus compromising certain very small points, making it not as accurate as he had wanted......ceste la vie

I'll enjoy sailing them for what they are........lovely model boats that I spent a lot of time, effort and inordinate amounts of patience, building.
neil.

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 001_co19

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 002_co18

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 006_co15

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 046_co10
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Neil,

They are superb. Wish I could sail them with you, but it is a long way to Fleetwood from Malaga!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks Barry.......are we the only two on here these days, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:37 am

No Neil I'm here just not modelling due to cold still posting jokes though.
Those 3 boats are outstanding looking forward to seeing pic's and Video of the 3 sailing to a rescue, it would top of the wonderful build job and could be used to sell kits of them.

Damien.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:46 am

thanks Damien........it's nice to know there are other members out there to talk to, matey.........what's the weather like down there....probably warmer at the moment than our summer with it's incessant bloody rain, floods storms and wind.....the only thing we're missing this summer is a cricket match called off due to SNOW!.......

GAWD IT'S DISMAL.

Neil.
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 am

.....and we have sun stops play.....Too darned hot at the moment. Regularly in the high 30's......Thank goodness for air conditioning! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 am

Barry, having lived in Ozz for a couple of years with those sort of temps..........i'd swap a few weeks of your weather for what we are going though any day of the year........it's so depressing, honestly.

neil.
Back to top Go down
pugwash
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:17 am

Hi Neil I am still around - Just spent last weekend at the Warship Weekend in Glasgow and parts of this week

fishing in Yorkshire and when I get the garden sorted out I can get back to some model boat making.

I think the three together look great. Very well done

Geoff
Back to top Go down
http://geoffreyhobson@talktalk.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:47 am

cheers geoff............question is......did yer catch owt???
Back to top Go down
tattooed
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
tattooed

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:41 pm

the boats look great neil and it's good to see that you've managed to cut the grass aswell so who is going to market this kit you or someone else and what sort of price would it be enjoy your holiday and when you get back you can start on the next build as i need a build log to read when i get home from work each night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Andy............I don't think they'll ever be marketed............I did do them as an excercise really for my own enjoyment.

I have written the instructions for them, and could easily draw the plans, but as Dave metcalf has so much on his plate at the moment, I doubt they will ever be produced..........and I certainly have no inclination to produce them.....been there oncve and done that......nearly got the tee shirt, and tell the truth, didn't enjoy it, lol.........so these models will probably be unique...........

neil.
Back to top Go down
tattooed
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
tattooed

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:47 pm

thats a pitty mate think they'd sell like hot cakes at least you have 3 unqiue models abit like you mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

cheers mate..thats the nicest thing someone's said in ages, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:50 am

Not nice weather M8 nights tween 0-4c and days 8-10c winds tween 30-40kph most days we're in the central highlands nothing to slow the wind in any direction I should have done some research before moving here.
A pity these museum pieces you produced will likely never be reproduced but at least the build log will remain for every one to drool over.
Well done.

Damien.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:56 pm

cheers damien............the weather here today has been quite nice for a change.........we had our local Tram festival in Fleetwood today, I put the models on show.......lots of classic cars, busses and coaches. m/cycles truck etc......nice day had by all.

neil.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Once again well done Neil here's hoping you enjoy your deserved up-coming hols mate. my house move is now over although there are a few weekends work left till we can truly say we're settled and done then maybe I can make plans for my new workshop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:58 pm

off on my hols tomorrow so, have a great time without me, lol,

and i'll be back with news of a new project in a coupel of weeks.

neil.
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Have a great time Amigo....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 pm

cheers matey.....off up to the river Clyde and the Ayreshire coast at Largs,again .......plenty of ship spotting, and hopefully a little sunshine. actually taking the Flying Christine to sail on Largs model boating lake this year......so hopefully have some fun.

neil.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:21 pm

All sounds like good fun Neil have a great time and when you get back we expect a full report lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Ordered my Electronize speed controllers yesterday after lunch, and four beauties turned up this morning by 10.30 am......that's what I call brilliant service.........so now full steam ahead for getting all three lifeboats on the lake at the same time.....hopefully have some shots of them by the weekend along with some video footage from my new camera.......whoooopppeeeeee!!!!.
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Really looking forward to seeing the results.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:10 pm

I take it you had a good time away Neil. Looking forward to some pics of these three on the water
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Can't wait Neil bounce bounce they are beautiful Boats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:34 pm

finally got my new electronize speed controllers into all three boats today....plus the BECC switches, wired up the motors and got all systems up and running........went down to the lake and found this!!!!!

could have found more water in a b***** pot hole.........to say I was disapointed after all my effort........and it was an effort as electrics are just not my forte', is an understatement............ceste la vie.............

always next weekend down at New Brighton!

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 029_co10

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 030_co10

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 031_co10

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 042_co10

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 043_co10

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 044_co10

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 041_co10
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 pm

How come the water level is so low Neil its not as if we've been short of rainfall ! well not in the south west anyway Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:29 am

.....and definitely not in the North West. According to my Dad, it has not stopped raining for months!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:32 pm

It's filled from pumping sea water ( got it's own pump house) in from the sea when on high water and just before and just after "slack water" so all I can presume is that the lazy git's at Wyre borough council who have the key to the pump house and pump can't be bothered to get up in the middle of the night (as it's high water at the mo in the middle of the night) and set the pumps working to fill the lakes....................

suppose if the Olympic rowing team would have wanted to practice on it, they'd have been stuck too, as Wyre Borough council gears of work grind very slowly inded, lol
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:35 pm

The Buggers, hey Neil Mad

Tony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Gawd forgive me, but I'm now on Twitter for my sins, lol

https://twitter.com/boatbuilderNeil
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:57 pm

And I thought we'd all successfully avoided the lure of twitter lol!
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Phil,

It seems that ALL celebrities are on Titter.....and Neil is now our most famous person!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:58 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
pugwash
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Neil how could you succumb to the plague called twitter - next thing you will be on facebook and then there

is nowhere lower to sink.

Geoff
Back to top Go down
http://geoffreyhobson@talktalk.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:26 am

What are you suggesting Geoff Mr Winks and I are friends on Facebook .
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:33 pm

nothing wrong with face book as long as its used for what it was intended LOL several of the old forum members are still my friends on there, Rich and john to name but 2 in fact I found the old forum through my friendship with rich on facebook so it does have its uses lol
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:40 pm

phil winks wrote:
nothing wrong with face book as long as its used for what it was intended LOL several of the old forum members are still my friends on there, Rich and john to name but 2 in fact I found the old forum through my friendship with rich on facebook so it does have its uses lol

I concur with Phil there is nothing wrong with FB if it's used right, and you the correct security settings. I'm on it, and it keeps me in touch with friends i made at the Day centre where i go. I post cartoon jokes up (A bit to Risqué for here), Jokes, anecdotes, and the occasional rant lol! Tony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:35 am

here we go! three lifeboats on the water together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PxrVm185l4

and the rest of the day is here ( but don't want to nick anyone elses photos.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33959.msg389513#new

neil.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Simply Magic Neil well done Shipmate cheers

TonyW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:49 pm

cheers mate............with a little more "sea room" and decent weather, I could see me having some fun with them............off to Fleetwood lake hopefully tomorrow.a very much bigger lake to play around in and avoid any other shipping.

neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:17 pm

What a great day it was the Life boats looked fabulous saddening to see the lack of younger modellers it seems video games are killing the future radio modelling stars
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:38 am

Superb Neil. It looked to be a great event, with many beautiful models. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:30 pm

TRE-MEND-OUS Neil really well done mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 pm

bummer...............was going to sail my boats today whilst the kids were at the circus..................peee'd it down again all day.........this summer sucks!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 pm

tell me about it Neil the Honiton Hill rally was rained out yesterday. Sad still we had a good day Sunday despite the mud from Saturday's storm

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 Honito10

as you can see it was pretty bad lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 am

At least the club added to it's slush fund lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:29 pm

wettest for 100 years so stats say!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!   A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

A lifeboat build blog...........How a kit is made!
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next