Changes made to Renault 10 over a 7 year period 98% of work done by me, myself and I.
Bear in mind most of these changes came about because lots of members of the Renault car club said it couldn't be done
16TS motor and gearbox
Holley 350 Carby re jetted
Front suspension given 2.5deg neg camber
Motor fitted with Toyota Soarer super charger
Holden Camira Computer EFI
Water injection controlled with with turn on when blower pressure hits 6lb with an oil pressure switch and supplied with pressure of 10lb from the blower
CAMS "confederation of Australian motorsport" put my engine capacity at 2650cc with the blower and these changes put it in Sport sedan class.
I then decided the rear swing axle was hampering my cornering. With a sponsorship deal I purchased an R18 front end complete cheap.
It was transplanted into the rear of the R10 the assembly was 6" wider than the R10 unit so a few changes were made to make it fit
The rear m/guards were given a group 5 look to clear the tyres, they were also used to supply inlet air on drivers side and intercooler air on the off side
and to look the part a nice big wing, with model aircraft exp I used a Gottingen high lift shape upside down it was so effective it crushed the first set of supports while on the trailer being towed to an event.
Custom Distributor to suit EFI and blower.
Wheels were R18 with Formula ford Slicks
I borrowed a racing seat and made a mould of it cut the mold in half and widened it 3" so the seat would fit my bum.
I also built a tandem trailer to tow it around with VW Passat rear stub axles and no suspension.
It was a FUN build but one day of practice at Morwell Hill climb reminded me why I'm on a disability pension, The G-forces in a 160Hp car weighing in at a little over 600Kg were way more than my spine could handle so I sold the whole shebang in '94 & went back to model boating.