TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vic Smmed "Guardsman"

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

Vic Smmed "Guardsman" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vic Smmed "Guardsman"   Vic Smmed "Guardsman" - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 4:41 pm

Could you put the battery in the cabin and ballast accordingly? a longer battery connector is needed though   Question
Back to top Go down
Fred 1948
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Fred 1948

PostSubject: Re: Vic Smmed "Guardsman"   Vic Smmed "Guardsman" - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 3:27 am

Hi One & All
Thinking on the battery I am just going to leave it were it is, make up some new leads so that when it needs a charge I can just plug in a charging lead, O.K it means that I will have lost a 6 volt battery but in the end I will have saved some building time,

I have now got a small 6 volt smoke unit for her, unfortunately it is an oil type never mind.

Fred
Back to top Go down
Fred 1948
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Fred 1948

PostSubject: Not Happy   Vic Smmed "Guardsman" - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 3:14 pm

Hi One & All

I have now come to the decision that I am not at all happy with the way this build is going, so I am just going to take a rest from it, I may come back to it at some point in time but for now it will be sent to the back of the yard ( to the end of the garage).

Fred
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Vic Smmed "Guardsman"   Vic Smmed "Guardsman" - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi,
I don't know if I missed part of the battery/accu diskussion, but dealing with 6V you can also use 2S LiFePO, they should be as safe as NiMH cells and can be much smaller:

I use these:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2100mah-2s1p-20c-lifepo4-transmitter-pack-futaba-t14sg-4pk.html

(unfortunately they are out of stock at the moment, but I'm running the 9.5 Lifeboat from Graupner with them, 2nd year now, never had problems)

They are much lighter and smaller in size than NiMH (even 5 cells).

Best, Joerg
Back to top Go down
http://modellwerft.spuelsaum.de/
Fred 1948
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Fred 1948

PostSubject: Re: Vic Smmed "Guardsman"   Vic Smmed "Guardsman" - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 6:27 am

Hi Joerg

Thank you for your suggestion with regards to the battery's, its just that I seem to have problems along the way, most of them have been down to me, so it is time to take a step back and recharge my self.

Fred
Back to top Go down

Vic Smmed "Guardsman"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3