TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fog horn for Titanic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
titanic12
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Fog horn for Titanic Empty
PostSubject: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Just looking for a decent, but not expensive fog horn generator for the up comming build of the Mantua Titanic. Hopefully I can then ward off the ice bergs. I am using a 6 chanel radio, so will have spare reciever capacity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Look at the ACTion range available form Component shop 

Dave
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 2:16 pm

I defiantly second Stavros suggesting, any of the ACTion range is well worth it’s price and function.

I’ve tried the cheaper Mtronic sound maker in the past to which I was disappointed when it stopped working at random after basically no use since installation. 

The noise makers from action have never failed me... 

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/action-electronics/other-sounds.html

titanic12
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Thanks   Fog horn for Titanic EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks Stavros and Roadrunner 2thumbsup , will definitely have a good look at them cyclops , just thinking things through Idea as I don't start the build till after Arrow Christmas (Chrissie pressie and all), will most likely be around Easter when I fit things like the sound stuff.

lol!
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 5:23 pm

ACTion's P13 is pretty damn loud and has adjustable tone, but don't skimp on a little speaker and/or low-voltage. You'll need 12v and at least a 4" x 8 Ohm x 10W speaker, mounted on a baffle board (6mm ply) with a good area of outlet for the air coming from the front of the speaker. You can trigger it from a non-proportional channel with a P43 Switcher or, if you're still fond of the 20th century, a microswitch on top of a servo (ugh!!). P13 Foghorn

If that isn't loud enough they do a 6W and a 15W amplifier, either of which will blow your wig off at twenty paces. BTW don't bother about an engine sound - you'd never have heard it unless you were in the engine room.

Dave M
Back to top Go down
titanic12
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 5:25 pm

Ta thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic Empty

Back to top Go down

Fog horn for Titanic
Page 1 of 1