TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!

TheRcModelBoatForum.com

A Forum For Modelers By Modelers.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fog horn for Titanic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
titanic12
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Fog horn for Titanic Empty
PostSubject: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Just looking for a decent, but not expensive fog horn generator for the up comming build of the Mantua Titanic. Hopefully I can then ward off the ice bergs. I am using a 6 chanel radio, so will have spare reciever capacity.
Back to top Go down
stavros
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Look at the ACTion range available form Component shop 

Dave
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 2:16 pm

I defiantly second Stavros suggesting, any of the ACTion range is well worth it’s price and function.

I’ve tried the cheaper Mtronic sound maker in the past to which I was disappointed when it stopped working at random after basically no use since installation. 

The noise makers from action have never failed me... 

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/action-electronics/other-sounds.html

titanic12
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Thanks   Fog horn for Titanic EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks Stavros and Roadrunner 2thumbsup , will definitely have a good look at them cyclops , just thinking things through Idea as I don't start the build till after Arrow Christmas (Chrissie pressie and all), will most likely be around Easter when I fit things like the sound stuff.

lol!
Back to top Go down
inertia
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
inertia

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 5:23 pm

ACTion's P13 is pretty damn loud and has adjustable tone, but don't skimp on a little speaker and/or low-voltage. You'll need 12v and at least a 4" x 8 Ohm x 10W speaker, mounted on a baffle board (6mm ply) with a good area of outlet for the air coming from the front of the speaker. You can trigger it from a non-proportional channel with a P43 Switcher or, if you're still fond of the 20th century, a microswitch on top of a servo (ugh!!). P13 Foghorn

If that isn't loud enough they do a 6W and a 15W amplifier, either of which will blow your wig off at twenty paces. BTW don't bother about an engine sound - you'd never have heard it unless you were in the engine room.

Dave M
Back to top Go down
titanic12
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Fog horn for Titanic   Fog horn for Titanic EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 5:25 pm

Ta thanks for the info
Back to top Go down

Fog horn for Titanic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Technical Pages :: All Things Electrical-
Jump to: