TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism Empty
PostSubject: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptySat May 18, 2019 1:49 pm

2 Moronic idiots broke into the show hall overnight and trashed everything in sight....I feel sorry for not only the organisers but also the Displayers and traders

https://www.mdmrc.org/

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptySat May 18, 2019 7:10 pm

https://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/four-arrested-at-welland-academy-after-vandalism-of-model-railway-exhibition-9070661/

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptySun May 19, 2019 12:42 pm

i'd swing for bar stewards like that...……………...just no point to it and what will they get...…...a slap on the wrist...………..

if I were those modellers I, each would sue their parents if they are of younger than 16 by the maximum that I could in the sm,all claims court...…..make the parents pennyless and destitute.....each person individually suing for the max £5000.00p would soon make these assholes think about keeping their kids in check...……...ABSOLUTE ASSHOLES, EVERYONE of them. parents as well. 

there was no point to that other than destruction.....i'll bet they stole bugger all.
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptySun May 19, 2019 2:10 pm

While it might be tempting to blame some current social malaise for this sort of nonsense it's a fact that it has been going on for decades. I've often wondered about the mentality of folk who smash bus shelters and telephone boxes; who spray obscene and brainless graffiti onto new paintwork or who deliberately set fire to buildings, cars and grassland. I can only conclude that they get some sort of perverse kick out of seeing the results of their handiwork and thinking "I did that!".

Perhaps we should set up the old-fashioned village stocks at the sites of their stupidities; lock the miscreants into them for a few days and hang signs around their necks which say "I did this". I believe that a public shaming would be much worse for the egos of these pathetic morons than a private punishment, especially if pictures of their ritual humiliation were circulated on Farcebook etc.  Perhaps we could pay to throw rotten veg at them, with the proceeds going towards repairing the damage?

Jean-Paul Sartre said "Hell is other people". He wasn't wrong - in this case at least.

Dave M
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptySun May 19, 2019 4:12 pm

totally agree with you Dave...…….I would volunteer to be the key master...…….

we still have a set in Poulton le fylde………….think we should re introduce them as a form of corporal punishment. 

Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism Stocks10
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptyTue May 21, 2019 9:15 am

There is some good in this world, Rod Stewart has donated £10,000 to a fund raiser for the damage, not sure how we can donate, I have a thought Farcebook was mentioned.

The link.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-48332649
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptyTue May 21, 2019 11:47 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptyTue May 21, 2019 4:30 pm

troutrunner wrote:
There is some good in this world, Rod Stewart has donated £10,000 to a fund raiser for the damage, not sure how we can donate, I have a thought Farcebook was mentioned.

The link.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-48332649

if you wish to donate Paul, as many have the site is here...….

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/market-deeping-mrc?utm_id=108&utm_term=RMWYVDBJR&fbclid=IwAR0kw06_2vpFB8K5doH_GpzCxpazr7ydHo6zyXyreUuR9I9LHBSEEzQ3XgE
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism EmptyTue May 21, 2019 9:25 pm

Thanks for the link Neil, I thought there must be one out there but couldn't find it. 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism   Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism Empty

Back to top Go down

Model SHow cancelled due to vandelism
Page 1 of 1