TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blackpool Model Boat show.2016

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 Empty
PostSubject: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:41 pm

Posted on behalf of Stavros.

The Blackpool Model Boat show will be held on October  22/23 at the Norbreck Castle Hotel in Blackpool.....

The show is being run by Iain Lewis of Component shop and Me....and hosted by the Blackpool Model Boat Club

Right then the Hotel has recently spent a considerable amount of money on the bedrooms and believe you Me having seen them they look 100% better,new Beds,New carpets and being repainted....they are in the process of renovating the whole hotel....

Yes the lighting issues of the past look like it has been resolved with new lights gone up in the hall.....WE have already pointed out the Main issue and that is of course the Gents and they have promised us faithfully to do something about it....I Have a cunning plan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right then a little insight into this years show....YES of course it is and allways will be a boat show......and here lies the BUT......as you can imagine booking such a venue is rather expensive and as the list of traders are getting smaller and smaller with retirements we have to look elsewhere.

So our plan is to invite Radio controlled Cars,Trucks and Tanks to display their wares and also traders....we rather hope a truck club might be able to set up a roadway to show off the trucks...........And poss the cars...let alone a Tank Display.....if anyone on here knows of any clubs in this field then PLEASE let me or Iain Know....our ultimate goal is to have planes and railways as well to make it into a Boat and Model show............

All Info will be on our Website

http://www.blackpoolmodelboatshow.co.uk

This is already live and will be updated as soon as Info becomes available.......obviously we will have a traders and Club booking page .

We also Have a Fb page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/226342181059519/

Please feel free to link both the website and Fb page to your clubs as more we spread the word the better the show will be.

Adverts for the show will be in the Mags as soon as poss

Dave [Stavros]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Traders already confirmed are

Component shop
Action Electronics
SHG
Macs Mouldings
Adrians Marine Figures
Model Boat Bits
Clyde Model Boats
Coastal Shipping
Tony green

Clubs

Blackpool and Fylde Model Boat club
Teeside Model Boat club

This has always been a very popular show & this year it will be bigger & better than ever. This year the show will occupy 2 halls within the Norbreck Castle Hotel instead of just one as in previous years, it will also feature model trucks, tanks & cars as well, so there really will be lots to see

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptySun May 01, 2016 4:07 pm

nice to see Clyde Model Boats making a good return.

hopefully more will now do so seeing you and Iain now in charge, Dave.

have you contacted Scoonie Models to tell o change in management........they have always been good traders.

neil.
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Blackpool Model Boat Show   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 12:15 pm

What great news!!! Thanks Stavros and Ian.
Come on people lets now give this great show a chance.
The organizers are doing their best to redress the complaints from before,so please give them all the support and publicity you can,it will all help!
I will be there God willing, and if I can travel up from Cornwall,Im sure some of you guys who are closer can come to the show.
Cheers,
Mick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 1:38 pm

here here. well said,  Mick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 11:47 pm

There will definatly be a pool at the show so you can sail your boats 16ft x16 ft   tel your friends etc

If ANY clubs want to book in then please do so via the website and not by personal message....if you know of anyone with Boats ...cars.....tanks....planes...Helis and also traders for the latter then don't hesitate to let me know

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 9:44 pm

List of traders who WILL be attending

Component-Shop
Macs Mouldings
Adrian's Marine Figures
Modelboatbits
Clyde Model Boats
SHG Model Supplies
Tony Green Steam Models
Coastal Shipping
Models by Design
DK Figures
Mountfleet Models
Mobile Marine Models
Scale Flags & Ensigns
Peak Tools
Linkspan Models
Michael McGuinn (Guns)
Deans Marine
Christopher Wyn Brown
Mastman
RCHeliGuru
Protean Design
Speedline Models
KustomRcTruckz

Right then not long to go to the show now a couple of weeks in fact....We are working hard on the hardware for the show Iain is doing a cracking job on the Show Guide and the barriers.

If there are ANY clubs/individuals/Traders who want to exhibit at the show then please visit the website and book in ASAP

WWW.blackpoolmodeboatlshow.co.uk

I will be working all night on Thursday to set up where the  trade and club stands are located ready for the lads and lasses from Fleetwood and Blackpool to set up the tables ..THANKS IN ADVANCE MUCH APPRECIATED.

The pool will also be set up on Friday and should be full by the mng

Clubs and individuals will be allowed into the hall to set up form 12 on the Friday,if you are arriving late then PLEASE PLEASE let us know.....

If there are ANY QUESTIONS please don't hesitate to ASK

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:12 pm

The Show is THIS WEEK  lads and lasses Ill be up marking the venue all night on thursday/fri am ready for hte lads and lasses to put up all hte tables ready for the traders and clubs.

So who is comming to the show 

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 pm

I can only make it on sunday this year dave.........

got to pick my daughter up from the airport on Friday after her flight back from japan, end of her first trip as a merchant navy cadet deck officer,

and on Saturday my other daughter wants to go to chester university open day.......which just leaves sunday free.

neil.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 pm

I will be there on saturday with the "Socerers Apprentice", my son David.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show.2016   Blackpool Model Boat show.2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blackpool Model Boat show.2016
Page 1 of 1