TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blackpool Model Boat show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Blackpool Model Boat show Empty
PostSubject: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 4:25 pm

This show will be held at a new Venue this year at the Blackpool sport centre nr Stanley park which has plenty of parking and room for traders and clubs etc

October 17/18

Can ALL CLUBS and POTENTIAL TRADERS plesae contact Mark at A Model World 01606891999......or myself by message

More info will be posted as and when it is available....look out for adverts in the mags

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 11:09 am

Right then before we start to say anything about this show please heed this

We have had meetings with Blackpool council about running the event at this location and they have stressed that they are watching not only this forum but others as well not only modle forums but every forum and posting that has BLACKPOOL in it.What this means is simple they are willing to come down hard on any forum OWNER and poster if there id ANY POSTING that is DERROGATORRY to their Town....so please do not put THIS and OTHER forums in trouble by derrogatorry postings.

That statement has NOT come from myself or Mark...if yuo have anything to say that you feel strongly about then either contact myslef or Mark.................Believe you me if I see ANY derrogatorry comments on here by any Member I will get the modeators to pull this thread and NO INFO will be available about it on here all info will then be in the mags.

RANT OVER  Blackpool Model Boat show Smiley Blackpool Model Boat show Smiley Blackpool Model Boat show Smiley Blackpool Model Boat show Smiley

THE SHOW

Blackpool model show will be held at Blackpool Sports  Centre Stanley Park

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=uk&cid=5987046403067764942&q=blackpool+sports+centre&sa=X&ei=EcU0VfQxx-9ojviBqAc&ved=0CBQQtQMwAA&output=classic&dg=brw

Blackpool Sports Centre
West Park Drive
Blackpool
FY3 9HQ

As for Parking dont worry there are spaces for over 4000 cars apparantly.
We are hoping to have the indoor pool wich the Show is known for,lighting wich has allways been a bone of contention obviously being a sports centre wont be in issue ! There are plenty of toilets both disabled and able bodied.

Traders will be in attendance as allways...........MORE INFO CLOSER TO THE SHOW
Clubs  are as ALLWAYS WELCOME to attend.

ADDMISION PRICES.....................................To Be announced

if you wnat ANY MORE info at this stage then please contact Mark 01606891999 or Myself

some pics of the venue

Blackpool Model Boat show P1030004_zpsyvpumnpg

Blackpool Model Boat show P1030005_zpsa2cjqzox

Blackpool Model Boat show P1030008_zpshoya6hqj

Blackpool Model Boat show P1030010_zpspdqwj5ay

Blackpool Model Boat show P1030015_zpsneyirdq8

Blackpool Model Boat show P1030016_zpswimeqcjk

Blackpool Model Boat show P1030019_zps2bhfk2tc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:25 pm

there'll be no probs on here dave.........I for one have been a staunch supporter of blackpool show for years and have always stood up to those who have decried it WITHOUT actually ever being to it and it sickens me that those who have absolutely no hand in helping at a show can still denigrate it.................so

rest assured  dave...............I will be taking great notice of any posts that slag the show or it's surroundings off very quickly, and will remove ANY  derogatory remarks.

neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Having said that...................sports halls and me don't seem compatible................at my size and age.............I'm more akin to a bowling club, lol lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!  I might have an allergic reaction going into one..........but I'll try, affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 10:20 pm

Just for YOU Neil we could allways set up a skittles corner just to get you in there of course 2thumbsup
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:14 am

that'd suit me fine dave so long as i could have a pint to go with the game lol........great attraction lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:13 am

If there are ANY members travelling down form Aberdeen or Great Yarmouth to the Blackpool show can you please contact myself or Mark 01606891999 it will be beneficial to your wallet CASH involved Laughing

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Always like the sound of those last two words dave......sadly i dont know anyone myseld except charlie mckenzieon mayhem who lives up in wick.neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 3:48 pm

Not long to go to this show only a couple of weeks...your best chance to stock up on your bits ready for those winter builds.
ADMISSION /DAY ..................................................£6 INCLUDES A TICKET TO WIN A MODEL BOAT
SAT/SUN TICKET....................................................£9.50
FAMILY TICKET......................................................£14(2 ADULTS U TO 4 CHILDREN)children MUST be accompanied
Refreshments and food are available
Disabled access
FREE PARKING
We have an abundance of clubs,in fact 6 new ones this year and a host of private exhibitors on display.
We also have a pool for sailing and a host of the best traders in the country and a few new first time traders.
What more can you ask for in Blackpool ....from Fresh caught fish for your fish and chips to a tram or horse draw carrage to a ride on the Big dipper,Blackpool Rock and plenty of shops close by to keep the better half occupied...see the famous Blackpool lights at night...what more can you ask for.
Please don't ask for a list of traders just look at the previous show threads on Blackpool this will give you an idea who is there....as Organisers we can not be held responsible if a trader cant turn up on the day due to illness etc

IF you NEED further info then simply contact Mark on 01606891999...or myself by pm

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 4:24 pm

sounds like it's going to be a great show dave...............pity i can't be there, but it looks as though people have reacted in a very positive way to the new venue and better lighting and fresher surroundings.......hope it goes really well for you all. pleasant boating guys and galls.

neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 1:43 pm

COULD I JUST GET A PLUG IN HERE Dave  for the RNLB Ann Letitia Russell restoration group   https://www.facebook.com/groups/806661382764168/

On the Friday of the Weekend after, 23rd October, the Blackpool Male Voice Choir are giving a concert in aid of the preservation society at the North Euston Hotel, Esplanade, Fleetwood, and they are a superb choir.

Starts 7.30 pm and finishes by 9.30, Tickets will be £6 each, and £5 concession.

All ticket sales are to go to the Preservation group.

Could you al pass it around please and if you are members of any other forum could you give it a plug on there too.

Many thanks.

Neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:14 am

Only 2 weeks to go to this prestigious event ...WHO will Take home the Coveted Blackpool trophy...will it be you ?
The event is situated at Stanley Park leisure centre and WILL be WELL signposted from both the Motorway and also from the town end....EITHER follow the WHITE signs with MODEL BOAT SHOW on them or the BROWN TOURIST INFO SIGNS with STANLEY PARK on them...BOTH will get you to the same place.

PARKING IS FREE

ADMISSION /DAY ..................................................£6 INCLUDES A TICKET TO WIN A MODEL BOAT
FAMILY TICKET......................................................£14(2 ADULTS U TO 4 CHILDREN)children MUST be accompanied
Refreshments and food are available
Disabled access

Need to Know more them simply contact Myself or Mark on 01606891999

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 10:34 am

I am on the way to the show see you there

Blackpool Model Boat show 12072770_10204053220764881_5589618113330521416_n_zpsn41xbqqt
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:10 am

2thumbsup have a good one!

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:06 pm

As Ive had 15 emails today let me repeat myself

Disabled access

FREE PARKING
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:37 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Blackpool Model Boat Show Report.   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi guys,
As I was unable to make it to the show this year for the first time in 5 years,I sincerely hope it was successful,and the new venue was as good as it looked? Some reports and photos posted on here would be most welcome!!
Cheers,
Mick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:58 pm

Right then lets answer some of the critics from the Organisers perspective

I will start with the Chairs.......we were promised 250 to be del on the friday by Blackpool council ....we ONLY got 50

Pool location...right then we were not allowed to have it in the main sports hall unless we could insure the floor area for over 5K...and also ins from slips and falls with water spillage.....this is WHY it was located where it was.......regarding seating around the pool I have already answered this

Lack of Café...MMMM this was a bit of a shock for Us as we were promised catering....sandwiches and tea coffe Day before the show we were told sorry they cant do it as they DONT WORK WEEKENDS...that is FACT.........imagine what we said.......as it is Blackpool with many eateries within a short distance we were not unduly worried...There was a café on site 5 mins walk away form the sport centre and THIS was pointed out on the sheet everyone was handed out ...it was all in there.....Mark decided to make the best of a poor situation and went out and got some tea/coffe/crisps and choccy which was manned by David and Elaine...THANKS A LOT.

Another BOMBSHELL if you want to call it that in the letter you all received was that Mark...A MODEL WORLD is Emigrating to Australia simply for the benefit of his family and personally I don't blame him and I wish him my Personal best wishes.........

AS a member pointed out what is going to happen to the shows....THEY WILL GO ON fear not on that score....Mark will be coming back to run them and I will be handling most things this end....COALVILLE AND BLACKPOOL WILL GO ON.

On a personal note May I take this opportunity to THANK all the Blackpool Model Boat club without their STERLING work Before and on the show days this show would simply flounder.

One thing that must be pointed out is that they raised £431 pound for the RNLI a darned good effort.

Right then what happened to ME at the show.....well on friday I woke up with a pain in my side...thought nothing of it and came to the show.....worked till 3pm and simply had to go to the hotel as I was in sheer agony...this carried on all night....so not much sleep !!!!!!...Greta sat morning NO pain wey hey off I went to the show....around 3pm I couldn't stand the pain anymore and had to go to the hospital where they admitted me within 20 mins.......with and we still don't know yet whether I have a strangulated hernia or a twisted gut......YES I was discharged on Sunday morning(think they had enough of my snoring) and YES I did turn up at the show ...only to be TOLD by not only Mark but ALL the traders and Most of my friends who were at the show to flipping well GO HOME...charming you lot haha

MY PERSONAL THANKS to ALL the traders who have already been in contact and my friends for their concern on my wellbeing ...IT MEANS A LOT TO ME very touching...and all the OFFERS of assistance.

Last but by n means least........Davenotdone....MMM it seems you were THE ONE...yes YOU....Lindsey did mention she had dropped a clanger on the door with one family and Charged them £10 Instead of £12 so you OWE us £2 ha ha.......

Dave
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Blackpool Model Boat Show Report.   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Thanks for the report Stavros,and hope you are recovered? At least you didnt have to go far to the hospital lol.
As for the show,New venue you were bound to have some teeting troubles but from what you have said you had some big ones,sorry to hear that.Insurance problems and elf n safety,are trying to close all public events methinks! I attend and help organise the Model tent in two large Steam Rallies here in Cornwall,and the new rules and regulations they keep coming out with are just getting ridiculous.Still as the Mantra says "We shall Overcome"! I hope to be able to attend next year,if Mark books me in lol! And I am sure the show will go on Now as I have a life ban from that other site with the colourful shirt,can we have some photos on here please? Well done to the Blackpool Club for raising that wonderful amount for the RNLI. Best Wishes,
Mick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:25 am

Mick arnt you Regiment on Mayhem..............

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 5:54 pm

No stav.............Mick French has also been a naughty boy on Mayhem....think he backed me up one too many times when I was on my rants..........and fell on his sword and was also banned within hours of me being disengaged, dismembered    disembowelled  ahh, yes, lost the word for a mo, lol  ........   inactivated, lol ......

Mick used to be the friendly  Rottweiler...the beast that he is.

neil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Traders at Blackpool show   Blackpool Model Boat show EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Now that the show is under new management and new organisation because of Stavros's sterling work, intervention and encouragement, will be get back some of the good old traders that left during the last incumbent's reign of terror.

I can name a number that slowly disappeared from the show that would be very highly welcome to show again , most friends and all that one could have a good chat with.

C'mon guys come back to Blackpool, you know you want to, and I am sure that the atmosphere will be warm and welcoming, just like the Good old days.

Neil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool Model Boat show   Blackpool Model Boat show Empty

Back to top Go down

Blackpool Model Boat show
Page 1 of 1