TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marine modelling international mag April 2004

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Marine modelling international mag April 2004 Empty
PostSubject: Marine modelling international mag April 2004   Marine modelling international mag April 2004 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 3:35 pm

Wanted with some urgency.... 

Features the thorneycroft CMB 55' on front..  

If your not willing to give up the mag l would happily accept photocopies of the CMB build/article.

I do not require the plan I purchased that a few days ago, I would however like the mag for build references since this is a scratch build model to be built as a pair.

If anyone can help I'm willing to pay what's asked including postage.

Get in touch.

Aron

Marine modelling international mag April 2004 M_thor10

davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Marine modelling international mag April 2004   Marine modelling international mag April 2004 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 pm

hi aron ,
I have that copy I can scan it for you if you let me have your email, I have sent a few scans to barrie so he will voch for me. I will do it tomorrow if that helps. or can send photo copys let me no which.

david
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Marine modelling international mag April 2004   Marine modelling international mag April 2004 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 pm

Scans and email will be perfect for my needs that’s much appreciated you can email them to...

Tugtower@gmail.com

Many thanks for your help!

Aron

davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Marine modelling international mag April 2004   Marine modelling international mag April 2004 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 11:07 am

hi aron
scans sent 4 pages, hope they come up ok, let me no if you have any problems.  hope to see your  build of it some time soon, it looks a very  nice build something different Thumbup .

david
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Marine modelling international mag April 2004   Marine modelling international mag April 2004 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 11:51 am

I emailed you back...

Again much appreciated for you help.

My plan is to build a pair one of the -
1912 single torpedo cmb and a 2nd ww2 1943 build twin torpedo/mine cmb. The ww2 version is for my brother ( a member on the forum) he’s just not got the time to build a working model he tends to stick to this Star Trek plastic kits and the occasional 1700 warship mini kits.
It also give my father s boat buddy since I moved to Wales he’s been a little down in he dumps that the club likes IOM sailing and only a few members have other models ( but they early sail ) so he build an IOM to at least take part more in club activity’s, but I know he enjoys his speed boats and tugs so giving him somone else to sail with models similar to his will help ease his buddy loss.

I actually feel sorry for my dad he spent his younger years chasing the country doing model ic power boat racing to which he’s been world champion several times during the 70’s but he gave up boating when he got married. Wasn’t until I got into boats in the early 2000’s I dragged his retired backside in to boats again and we had a great father and son hobby for a decade. ( something we didn’t have when I was younger) but it makes me feel guilty when I moved 2 years ago half way across country he’s been on his own almost on sail days with his boats while the club members play with yachts. Although like I said he’s just finishing his yacht but it would be nice to not only keep Dad happy with a son who boats but also drag my brother off his arse and go boating!

I just hope his little warship will encourage him into the hobby.

Anyway many thanks

Aron

davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Marine modelling international mag April 2004   Marine modelling international mag April 2004 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 1:33 pm

aron,
you are most welcome that's what I like, is to help people out when I can I will scan any article for any one on here if it helps them out.
if you ever need any more information I have all the mmi magazines from 2000 to 2011 plus some  1990s onwards as well. some with plans some not even got the first edition geek I no. also I have all model boats magazine from 2000 to 2011 plus loads of very early model maker up to 1999. I had planed to scan them all and put onto disc but gave up as it took to much time but the thought was ther lol!

david
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Marine modelling international mag April 2004   Marine modelling international mag April 2004 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:57 pm

I’ll keep that In mind, I’ve pretty much come to end of building kits, the quality I’m finding of many parts are sub par at best, in recent years I’ve also had to highly mod most kits I have done to fix the kit issues either with new materials or outright start again just using frames as templates.

I get kits need to fit in a budget but the quality of materials suffer for that and so does the model.

For that reason it’s no less workout even cost for me to work from plans which leaves me free to do models you early or never see.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marine modelling international mag April 2004   Marine modelling international mag April 2004 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1