TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2   Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Show will be held at the Hermitage Leasure centre in Coalville Leicershire on April1/2nd run by Iain of component shop and myself 

See website for full details

http://www.coalvilleshow.co.uk

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2   Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:23 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2   Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Well what a Weekend it was.......It started to go slightly wrong for Me on thursday morning when I dropped a door off an old 1953 Bedford Lorry that we are restoring in work and broke 2 bones In my right hand.....Hospital it was and they wanted to put it in plaster...MMMM no way I got to drive 130 miles and run a show....so it was simply bandaged up.
Yes it was painful all weekend but hey ho the show must go on.

Signs were put up at 7am and the pool was allready filled by the local fire brigade before we even had the hal set up....truly a first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all I special mention must go the father in law,Jaydee,Chris Brown who helped me to put out 150 Tables and suffered me shouting at them at times ...THANKS GUYS

also my thanks to my Wife...(Mrs Stav) who not only allowed me out to play on my Birthday but it was also my anniversarry....OOPSY who FORGOT to get her a card...YOU GUESSED it ME...sorry Darling

Obvious thanks must go to Iain and Natsha of Component shop for allowing me to run the show with them

Tanks must also go to George and David's wifes for manning the door and of course George and david for manning the bring and buy ...They managed to raise well in excess of £350 for the RNLI...well done

The show itself was well attended by 14 clubs and 2 private individuals and boy oh boy were there some fabulous boats on display...Hms Fearless was a work of Art...incidentally he is supposed to be comming to Mayhem...I think Jaydee persuaded him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attendance was slightly up on last year bit sorry to report this but not by a great deal.....BUT the ones who attended have been full of praise by email fb and phone calls...so we must be doing something right...The Traders were very happy with what the had sold and ALL have pledged to come next year so I must admit so have the clubs.

I must yet again Thanks the lads and lasses who helped to collect all the tables after the end of the show THANKS.

I will in due course publish on here all the Trophy winners.

I will single out one person on this forum Jaydee...simply as I will never forget his face when I announced his J class won the Best Yacht in show.....deservidly so in my opinion...WELL DONE

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2   Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 10:26 pm

glad it went well mate, and every one enjoyed themselves. that pond looked awesome............will you be bringing it to blackpool..............now, go home, have that hand seen too, and have a well earned rest for a day or two and unwind.

take care n see you at blackpool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2   Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coalville Model Boat Show 2017....April 1/2
Page 1 of 1