TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Coastal Tour Master

Go down 
+2
Imcc
barriew
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks Damien. I gave it another coat of red this afternoon and removed the tape - it looks pretty clean. However, its once again too hot for me in the workshop, so apart from trying a little plastic surgery of a couple of figures, I've retired inside where its cool Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Please take some of our cold Barrie minus 2c tonight 10.55 pm and it's and 4.6c brrrrrr
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 2:19 pm

No thanks Damien - that will come here soon enough lol! lol! lol!

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 6:46 pm

The waterline has been marked - it looked strange so I had to check in the test tank,but it was correct. After sealing the edge of the tape, I have given it one coat. I'm not sure if this is the final colour. The lids of two paint pots had got mixed Embarassed, so I'm not quite sure which this one is Shocked
It will require another coat, so I can decide then what colour it should be Rolling Eyes.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0541

Some of the figures have recovered from their plastic surgery, have had their hair died and are now ready to take their seats in the cabin, after a coat of matt varnish.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0540

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 12:48 pm

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0542

So neither of the pots was right Shocked I have now found the 'correct' one - Humbrol 100 Red/Brown and given one coat.I think it will need a second. 
Some of the passengers decided they wanted to visit M&S (or should that be Primark) for some new clothes before boarding, so they are still waiting Rolling Eyes .
For something to do, I have modified the wiring harness to include a switch which I will fit under a box on the foredeck. The ESC has a switch which I am pretty sure isolates the battery, but the lead isn't long enough to get outside the cabin.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:29 am

Barrie
Do check that switch. Most ESC's that have them use the small switch only to isolate the receiver from the BEC regulator i.e. the ESC power side is still live.
Dave M
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Dave,

Yes I am aware of that, but I tested one like this and was surprised to find no drain when it was off. In this case it doesn't matter as I am fitting a switch in the battery lead as I want it accessible without removing the cabin. 

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Second coat of paint applied and masking removed to reveal a perfect clean line, except for a small patch on the stem.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0545

The passengers have all taken their seats now.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0543

and I have fitted the front of the cabin. Just some joints to fill and paint. I then have to work out how I am going to get the Captain and a wheel in there. I only have a small access under the front of the cabin, or just possibly from the cabin.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0544

I have started painting the funnel and realised it doesn't go through the cabin as Midwestern would like you to fit a steam plant when the exhaust from the boiler would go up the funnel Shocked So I have cut a length of plastic tube and painted it which I will fit through the cabin.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 1:09 pm

barriew wrote:
Dave,

Yes I am aware of that,

Barrie
Good-oh, but some folk may not have been. BEC is one of the most misunderstood subjects there is when it comes to radio control, so please forgive me for hijacking your thread for a moment to hammer home one important aspect of it. I have to say I'm surprised to hear of zero current drain. What type of ESC are you using?
Dave M
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Dave,

One like this - cheap Chinese. Embarassed 

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0546

I haven't tested this one, but one like it. I was very surprised when I did test it. I was really pushed for space in a model and couldn't see where to include another switch which is why I tested it. There are others of the type which do have a small drain when the switch is off. I do know that Mtroniks ESCs continue to drain the battery even when the switch is off.

In my case its doubly not an issue as batteries are normally only connected just before I leave for the lake, and removed when I return. Quite often its at the lake, but some of my models have tricky access and it easier on the bench than at the lakeside. Thumbup

Barrie
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Barrie
Is there a maximum voltage prescribed for the battery? This ESC just might be like Craig Talbot's ACTion P52 and P68 miniature ESCs, which simply tapped the motor power from the main battery pack (4 cells) and passed it onto the receiver unregulated. In that case one switch will control the battery pack on/off, but the ESC is limited to 1A output power - that's "normal" amps, not Chinese ones!
The model is looking pretty now.
DM
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Dave,

I'll scan the instruction sheet tomorrow and post it here.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 am

Dave

As promised.

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Img10
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 11:59 am

Back to the model Laughing

The prop shaft, motor, rudder and servo linkage have been re-fitted. I have made a cut out for the switch of the fore-deck. On the cabin, the filler has been sanded and some 1 cm strips fitted to the bottom of the 'bay' as there was a 5 mm  gap. I have given the affected areas a coat of paint. The inside of the bulwarks has had a coat of matt white. This will be followed with satin white - probably.
The cabin roof can almost be fitted, except that I would like to install a wheel and 'driver', so need to give that some thought. There are also supposed to be doors to the wheelhouse part of the cabin, but I'm not sure what they are made from - better give the instructions more attention Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0547 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0548
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Well - the plans show doors to the wheelhouse, but the instructions don't mention them, so it will have to my design Shocked.
After the gales and a 3 hour power cut this morning I spent a little time in the workshop after lunch. I solved the 'how to get a man and wheel into the cabin' ......

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0549

.... I cut a hole in the roof lol! Shocked. This is only the sub-roof, there's another to go on top so the hole wont show and didn't have to be super neat. I have carried out more plastic surgery on one of the figures - he is having new arms so that he can steer the boat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. His hands will be re-attached once the Milliput has set hard. 
I have also cut the extra bit of floor required and lengthened the stand for the wheel.

There is another anomaly in the instructions. There is a rubbing strip to go on the hull, but fitting it is one of the last jobs in the instructions  Rolling Eyes  - after the hull has been painted Shocked Shocked Shocked. There is quite a bit of bending of wood coming up - an edging to the cabin roof, the roof itself and a backrest for the rear seats, plus the rubbing strip.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 3:43 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 9:09 am

Spot on Barrie. Another great boat nearing completion.

2thumbsup

barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks guys - it was good kit, but lacking detail I thought, so I have been trying to add some Shocked

Today I re-made the rudder. There was too much play with my first attempt, so I found some 2 mm collets and soldered on a brass tiller arm. I then found the original shaft wasn't long enough, so I made a new one Rolling Eyes

The captain has come out of surgery with new arms and hands which look as though they will operate the wheel - he's currently selecting new clothes Wink and should take up his post shortly. One of his legs has a short length of brass screw rod inserted so he can be bolted to the deck, similarly the wheel pedestal.
I've joined the two halves of the cabin roof together. When the glue is hard it needs bending to fit the cabin. The inside of the bulwarks has had its coat of Satin White, so I should be able to fit the capping rails and paint the decks now.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 5:55 pm

The Captain is almost ready for duty but I think he needs some gold braid lol! You can see what he was like before surgery.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0550

I made up a box to go over the main switch, then wasted about an hour trying to hinge the top using some fine gauge ali tube and brass wire, but it wasn't strong enough so it will have to be a plug-in type of lid Rolling Eyes

I've started fitting the capping rails, and the cabin roof is joined. I ordered some Windex window cleaning spray from Amazon (its what the instruction say to use to help bend the wood) and it came this evening, so tomorrow I will give it a try Thumbup

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0552 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0551
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 7:38 pm

such a lovely small characterful boat, which oozes lovely workmanship.

I love it, tempted to buy one myself when I start needing smaller boats to carry down to the lake.

I really like this little model very much.

neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 2:21 am

Indeed  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 6:03 am

nhp651 wrote:
such a lovely small characterful boat, which oozes lovely workmanship.

I love it, tempted to buy one myself when I start needing smaller boats to carry down to the lake.

I really like this little model very much.

neil.
Start watching ebay Neil. Mid Western have stopped making models so the only hope is to find one that's stuck in an attic somewhere.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 12:53 pm

OK, the jury is out on Windex. It may have softened the wood, but its also caused it to buckle bounce bounce

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0556

If it doesn't dry flat then I will have to cut a new piece - I have some 1/16th ply.

I finished the capping rails and they have had one coat of satin white - hence all the masking tape. 
I have also made a cover for the rudder linkage. I just need to decide how I going to fix it so that it can be removed if necessary.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0553 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0554

and finally the Captain and his wheel have been installed.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0555
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 2:20 pm

The corrugations didn't disappear overnight, so I cut a new cabin roof from 1/16th ply. Very Happy The original was Basswood I think. This is now fitted and the edging strip attached and the whole assembly given its first coat of sanding sealer. The pilot house roof has been sealed but not yet fixed.
I ordered some tiny brass hinges for the switch cover and these arrived today. I've fitted one to the frame with small screws, but my Dremel drill is on charge so couldn't fit it to the lid as I am going to use 2 mm bolts. I doubt glue alone would be strong enough.
The capping strip has had a second coat, and the masking tape removed. There is still the deck to paint, and I need to give the hull a coat of varnish so I can fix the names.

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0560
American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0559 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0559
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 2:09 pm

After fitting the wheelhouse roof, I gave both roofs a second coat of sanding sealer, and the deck got one also - I couldn't remember if I had already sealed it or not Embarassed After allowing to dry, the surfaces were treated to a coat of paint - both in shades of grey Rolling Eyes
The servo linkage cover is now fitted and painted.
I have abandoned the hinge on the switch cover and it is a plug-in lid now Sad
I have cut two wheelhouse doors from 1/16th ply and coated them in sanding sealer ready to paint, and I dug out some of the fittings and started painting them. The bird is supposed to be an eagle. Shocked Shocked
Finally, I made a little jig to help mark the position of the rubbing strip which is probably the next job.

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0561 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0562 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0564 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0563
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm

A rather frustrating morning Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I successfully attached the rubbing strip - it went on easier than I expected. I was then going to use Humbrol SatinCote on the hull, but remembered that I had a can of Halfords Clear Lacquer and decided to use that. Whist it was drying I gave the cabin roof another coat of paint - only to realise about half way through that I was using the wrong colour bounce bounce Embarassed Embarassed.  When dry I will have to paint it again.

I also painted the two doors I made yesterday - only to find I had painted the wrong side of one of them bounce bounce bounce Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Finally, I started to fit the lettering for the name. I had difficulty getting it to stick, and had to remove it - and away came the lacquer as well bounce bounce bounce bounce Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed. The areas where I want to stick the name have been sanded lightly, and now coated with SatinCote. The name has been applied to one side, but I need to cut a new set for the other.

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0565
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 am

The remainder of the lettering has been applied and varnished. I rubbed the remainder of the hull with steel wool to remove some of the lacquer, then coated it all with SatinCote 2thumbsup. The cabin roof has had two coats of the correct colour, and now is looking good. Very Happy The cabin doors and the switch box have received a second coat of white and will be ready for fitting tomorrow. I also noticed the prop had been sprayed white, so I've painted it with brass paint.
Finally, more passengers have visited the Plastic Surgeon and also the hair stylist to have their hair dyed.  They just need to visit their tailors now for new clothes. lol!

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0566 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0567
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 1:42 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Looking good Barrie.

lol!  I still have a bunch of these exact folk used them for Under sea explorer and Lady of the Lake, mine also saw the Surgeons lol!
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 11:41 am

A bit of a setback today Sad I installed the ESC and receiver and coupled everything up, including the servo and rudder. Turned everything on to test. The motor is FAR too FAST  bounce bounce
So a quick check of Component Shop's site and two new motors ordered - a 360 and a 385. Hopefully one of these will work and fit the mount Rolling Eyes
I need to get this sorted before I can do much more as the access is going to be restricted once I fit the roof canopy supports. Despite what looks to be a good size hole, there's not much room and my wiring is currently a mess Embarassed
Off out to lunch now, so if the motors arrive tomorrow as I expect from Component Shop, then I may still get it on the water on Sunday Thumbup

Barrie

Back from lunch - rather expensive and not the greatest, but this is Essex lol!

Spent an hour fixing hands to a couple of figures then starting to re-paint them. I also gave the roof a coat of satin varnish. Tomorrow I should be able to fix the pilot house doors and give all 3 doors some hinges and handles whilst I wait for Aldo the postie.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:02 pm

ter a tour of Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex thanks to Essex's policy of closing not only one road, but also the alternative route as well - all to get home from the supermarket. At least Aldo the postie arrived soon after I did, so I was able to get on with testing an fitting the new motor.  Thumbup
I have gone with the 360 as it fits easier than the 385. I have also fitted a larger prop. Sorry no pics of the motor installation as its a mess until I try it in the lake on Sunday, Embarassed Embarassed lol!
I have finished, I think, painting the figures - just need a coat of matt varnish tomorrow.
The cabin doors have been fitted and new window sills have been made. 'Hinges' and handles now fitted to all three doors. Nav. lights and the raft are on the roof, and I have started making the masts. The funnel is not fixed. Tomorrow I will put it in the test tank and add some ballast, then see if I can fit the canopy supports before Sunday.

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0568 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0569

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0570
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 pm

barriew wrote:
A bit of a setback today Sad I installed the ESC and receiver and coupled everything up, including the servo and rudder. Turned everything on to test. The motor is FAR too FAST  bounce bounce
So a quick check of Component Shop's site and two new motors ordered - a 360 and a 385. Hopefully one of these will work and fit the mount Rolling Eyes
I need to get this sorted before I can do much more as the access is going to be restricted once I fit the roof canopy supports. Despite what looks to be a good size hole, there's not much room and my wiring is currently a mess Embarassed
Off out to lunch now, so if the motors arrive tomorrow as I expect from Component Shop, then I may still get it on the water on Sunday Thumbup

Barrie

Back from lunch - rather expensive and not the greatest, but this is Essex lol!

Spent an hour fixing hands to a couple of figures then starting to re-paint them. I also gave the roof a coat of satin varnish. Tomorrow I should be able to fix the pilot house doors and give all 3 doors some hinges and handles whilst I wait for Aldo the postie.

Barrie

cancel the order barrie......I have 5 new 385's never out of packets you could have two foc.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 6:37 am

Thanks for the offer Neil, but the new motors have arrived. As my last post said I have decided to try the 360 size as it fits without having to modify the mount. I think it will be fine - this was a steam powered passenger boat - not a high speed racer lol!

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 3:05 pm

I've been trying to finish as much as possible before I take it to the lake tomorrow. I spent a lot of time on the fixings for the funnel. I thought that what was supplied was rather clumsy and ugly looking, so I made my own. Rolling Eyes 
On the right are the split pins and brass tube supplied. On the left are some fittings I made for the deck and some aluminium tube to replace the brass - I think it will look neater. The kit included some twisted steel cable for the stays, but this will be replaced by black thread. The alli tube is to fix the ends.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0571

The two masts are painted and in place - not glued in case I need to remove them for access. The funnel is also only placed in position.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0572

Finally I got out my test tank and added some ballast, so if I don't melt overnight it will get wet tomorrow.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 8:38 pm

hi barrie,
yet another superb build 2thumbsup 2thumbsup , the red and white set it of really well. i must say i use a lot off the 380 & 385 motors i find i get the speed i want, so you will find them ample for your boat.
is it me, you seem to be motoring on this build have you got someting else you are keen to start on  lol! lol! lol!

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 7:15 am

David - no nothing lined up, and there is still a bit to do on this one, but I wanted to get it in the water this week otherwise it will be three or four weeks before I have a chance. Its Wings and Wheels next weekend - our nearest model event - and the club have a static display at a local gala the weekend after that.

I still have to finish the rigging on the fishing boat, although I think I will leave that for cooler weather.

I keep looking for the next one, but haven't anything definite. I saw this on ebay and it gave me an idea to try and build something similar

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 S-l16010

or I may ask to borrow your Puffer plan and build that.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Well - for once a very successful first sail 2thumbsup Shocked Everything worked and the speed is about right - just too fast at full throttle, but at 3/4 just right with some in reserve Thumbup
I just need to add a little ballast to the starboard side to even it up. It even goes nearly straight in reverse Shocked

Barrie

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Great job Barrie!

Looks the part on the water, thanks for sharing!

2thumbsup

As a suggestion have you considered doing a paddle boat?

barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Roadrunner wrote:
Great job Barrie!

Looks the part on the water, thanks for sharing!

2thumbsup

As a suggestion have you considered doing a paddle boat?
Yes - I've built two in the past. One side wheel and one stern wheel. My main criterion now is size - for both easy of handling and storage space.

There is still more detail to add to this one - most importantly the 'outside' passengers.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Finished 2thumbsup

Today i fixed the ballast, painted the funnel supports, and fitted the backrest, as well as sticking the motor in with silicone. I just need to make a proper stand, but need some dowel to finish it.

American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0574 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0573 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0612 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0610 American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Dscn0611

Barrie

Message for Dave M. - if you want the plans I just need your address m'duck!

Last edited by barriew on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 1:22 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup A little ripper Barrie.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:15 pm

what a beautiful little model............absolutely superb.
neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks guys - I must say that for once I am quite pleased with a model. I am glad I added to the basic kit though - it would have been a bit bland without the figures etc.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 8:23 am

Cracking looking model well done bud 2thumbsup

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Coastal Tour Master   American Coastal Tour Master - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Coastal Tour Master
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2