TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat

Go down 
+10
Beyno1968
Ramsey
Just add water
barriew
davidjt
Roadrunner
battleshipbuff
zetec
troutrunner
gribeauval
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 8:27 pm

At the rear of the wheelhouse the metal grills under the raised upper platform have been cut and fitted. These will also allow the sounds from the deck mounted speaker to be heard more clearly.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-089_zpsnp1dqdze

At the front the upper instrument consoles have been made and fitted ready to paint and detail later.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-090_zpsicvxjvmx

The trunking for the cables has now been made and fitted to both sides of the wheelhouse. These will be used to pass the wiring into the boat as per the original.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-091_zpsvcvay4uo

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 8:46 pm

The locking mechanisms for the hatches have now been 'welded' in place on the foredeck.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-092_zpsmturhp4u

Although they are a little fiddly to operate they do work and hold the hatch open!

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-093_zpsoyta37gp

At the rear of the wheelhouse the plate decking has been added to the platform and the steps down into the interior.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-094_zpstyndqpk1

On the stern of the hull a start has been made on the trim tab ram system.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-095_zps5qhx87rr

The wheelhouse has also had a coat of primer ready to fit out the interior.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-096_zpsnjirsoxs

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Superb build Mike 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 11:47 pm

beautiful work matey......who is this one for.............or are you building it for yourself.

neil.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:16 am

Damien wrote:
Superb build Mike 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

nhp651 wrote:
beautiful work matey......who is this one for.............or are you building it for yourself.

neil.

Glad you approve so far guys.

This one is for my young Welsh client Neil.

Mike

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:08 pm

he's a very lucky young man.Thumbup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 8:35 pm

As the weather was nice today the deck was given a coat of primer as well as the front part of the superstructure.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-097_zpsg1v44n8j

The window frames have also been fitted and will be glazed after final painting.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-098_zpscl8tcpxu

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Over the past week, amongst having to do  "Christmas things" ( Ho sodding Ho) I dug out the mould for the seats and made the several sets needed.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-099_zpsdsfjdgjh

From scraps of styrene I made a jig to ensure that all the seat backs were at the same angle and glued the two parts of each seat together.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-100_zpswtkvfnw7

A jig was also made to allow the arms to all be bent to the same angle.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-101_zpsdslbdv7u

Once all the parts had been glued together and allowed to set, the seats were given a coat of primer and a final coat of satin black.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-102_zpsabs3eegy

These are now ready to be fitted onto the stands.

Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 8:22 am

This is all looking rather good, I like 2thumbsup

Just a question :- How does one learn about the casting of parts like your seats and this question comes from a complete and absolute novice on the subject who would like to learn from the very beginning please.

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:58 pm

troutrunner wrote:
This is all looking rather good, I like 2thumbsup

Just a question :- How does one learn about the casting of parts like your seats and this question comes from a complete and absolute novice on the subject who would like to learn from the very beginning please.

Just do as I did and search google and youtube, there are thousands of tutorials online. Also the suppliers of the materials have tutorials on their sites.

Once you have made masters in wood, plaster or metal etc the moulds can be as simple as pushing the model into plastercine, using plaster of Paris, up to making sectional silicone moulds. Then it's just a case of mixing the resin as per the instuctions on the tin, pouring it into the mould trying to avoid bubbles, letting it set, then removing and clean up the edges etc.

Start with something simple with a flat back like the seat parts and go for it, apart from the smells it's great to make several parts which are all identical every time!

Give it a go as it takes all the boring hassle of making umpteen identical bits and as with all things, practice makes perfect. Thumbup

Mike

Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Thanks for the reply Mike  2thumbsup  it sounds interesting, I think I will have a bit of a go at it.

Just one more thing, could you point me in the right direction for a reliable and helpful suppliers website please Very Happy

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 11:59 am

troutrunner wrote:
Thanks for the reply Mike  2thumbsup  it sounds interesting, I think I will have a bit of a go at it.

Just one more thing, could you point me in the right direction for a reliable and helpful suppliers website please Very Happy

This one is a good one as they have video tutorials and a forum, but there are others just as good.

http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk/

Mike

Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Thanks very much for your help 2thumbsup  apologies for being a nuisance, there might be more questions, hope you don't mind.............

Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Ah! I see it all a bit clearer now, I hadn't realised it was fibre glass resin with pigments mixed in to give the colour, I have just thought of a couple of things to make already 2thumbsup

Thanks again Mike, I love learning new tricks Thumbup

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Take some styrene tube and several hats from lego minifigures.............

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-103_zps4nxrqt5o

Glue short lengths onto the crowns of the hats and remove the peaks............

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-104_zpsracivubr

These now represent the "air blowers" that can be swiveled to channel fresh air to the crew and are fixed to the inner ceiling for the wheelhouse. The large gap is where mountings for the navigation system will be fitted.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-105_zpsqddaltqn

All parts painted and the square blocks are the interior lights (leds).

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-106_zpsb925wgjw

The lights are red for night vision and white for general use.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-107_zpsjpeuer1o

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-108_zps1vovfsmk

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 10:40 pm

glad someone else plays with lego mate.......just you are brave enough to admit it, lol........but where did you get 5 of em from, lol
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 3:38 pm

nhp651 wrote:
glad someone else plays with lego mate.......just you are brave enough to admit it, lol........but where did you get 5 of em from, lol

Useful stuff is Lego!  I bought 20 helmets on line for £2-99.

Merry Christmas !!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 6:46 pm

And merry christmas to yoo too matey......and that was cheap.......would. never have thougght of looking just for hard hats.....amazing what is in offer on ebay.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Having been out of action since Christmas day until last weekend it is a pleasure to get back into the workshop again and do some building. Thumbup 

Slow start, and the three swivel seat bases have been made and the seats, cast and assembled earlier, have been fitted.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-109_zps6qvnwzb9

The other two seats have been fitted onto the box structures, again made earlier, and after painting they have been detailed as they are also stowage for equipment onboard the full size boat.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-110_zpskex8orif

These seats will be fitted into the wheelhouse after the interior painting has been completed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:43 am

Superb work as usual Mike.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: mersey   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Great to see you back building Mike, and great stuff again!
Err is there a Severn lurking around somewhere? Lol
Mick F

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:34 pm

battleshipbuff wrote:
Great to see you back building Mike, and great stuff again!
Err is there a Severn lurking around somewhere? Lol
Mick F

Yes lol!

Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Like it!

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Back in the full swing of building again . Thumbup 

The interior of the wheelhouse has been painted and the wooden panels fitted onto the walls.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-111_zps6hwkce2x

At the front the reinforcing bars over the window openings have been fitted and the foot rests on the lower consoles added.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-112_zpswac00hgq

The two box seats made earlier have now been fixed in place on the port side of the wheelhouse.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-113_zps1pnb3sds

The junction boxes, switches and fire vent diagram have been made and fitted in the rear starboard corner.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-114_zpswhgaluwp

The main radio stack has been made and fitted .

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-115_zps1p668irn

Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 6:53 pm

Good to see you back in full swing Mike,which hopefully means  you are feeling better.Hope so anyway.
As usual,wonderful step by step build.
Look forward to the next session as always.
Mick F

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Only a couple of pictures to show for a lot of fiddly building jobs.

The circuit breaker/fuse panel under the table has been made and fixed onto the wall (just visible behind the swivel chair!). The remaining two seats have been fixed in place, the floor storage lockers made and added, more of the instruments made and fitted ( about half of them now done!!), the grab rail bent and added and the bench seat at the rear completed.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-116_zpslictnydx

I have also started on the modification of the figure for the helm position. He will be inside the wheelhouse because if he was placed on the upper steering position he would be in the way when the mast folds down!

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-117_zpskvnibpia

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 3:05 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup  Outstanding Mike.
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 11:41 am

Mike,great stuff as ever!! Could you tell me what or whose figures you use please? I try to use figures of the tv series the A Team, readily available at car boot sales,but find they are slightly to large in general.
Cheers,
Mick

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:40 pm

battleshipbuff wrote:
Mike,great stuff as ever!! Could you tell me what or whose figures you use please? I try to use figures of the tv series the A Team, readily available at car boot sales,but find they are slightly to large in general.
Cheers,
Mick

I just use whatever I come across at car boot sales that are between 5.5 and 6 in tall. I find the A team figures are a little to big and bulky, some of the Dr Who, X files and Startreck figures are a better prospect

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Easter break over, Arun delivered so it's back to the building here. Thumbup 

Easing into the work I made the radar scope for the front console.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-118_zps3acwbmsf

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-119_zpskyhqqxcg

It contains a small led so that when the radar scanner is turning the screen will light up.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-120_zpswhjp3mby

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Been busy since the last post with lots of small items to complete the interior.

The helsman's console has been fitted out with the switches and dials needed, the compass fitted and the helmsman finished and in his seat.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-121_zpszlxvscnt

The rest of the navigation station is now complete, the map on the table is a copy of the Admiralty chart of the coast off Rhyl. The track and blackout curtains are also in place.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-122_zpsskkvxy3v

Second crewman is also in place, I think he's the navigator.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-123_zpssyfqo3sw

The upper console has also been done.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-124_zpsy2ion7xx

The inner roof section is now in place and the wiring, along with the fibre optics, passed down the side supports.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-125_zpsdzarzcji

Fibre optics on the roof panel.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-127_zps7n9nr5jv

I can now seal up the windows and door to concentrate on the outside of the wheelhouse (and keep the dust out!!)

Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 7:33 am

2thumbsup

Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 7:44 am

Nice detailing Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Clapping

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 4:11 pm

With the fine weather over the last couple of days the outer roof panel was made and glued in place, along with the front floodlights. Every opening was then masked off to keep the paint out.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-128_zpssw1hw0n8

The whole structure was then given two coats of white primer/undercoat and, after leaving overnight, two coats of orange topcoat today.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-129_zps8lv5dxwy

This will now be left for at least three days to allow the paint to harden off before work on the outside is started.

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:28 pm

As the weather was very nice today I spent some time masking off the front part of the superstrucutre on the hull and giving it its colour coats.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-130_zpsy2fzepvm

I also removed the masking from over the windows and was very relieved to find that there was no orange paintr inside!!

View of the two parts together again.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-131_zpsj2qwp4mh

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Next major build job is the mast.

A block the size of the position of the mast on the rear of the wheelhouse was made to allow the lower mounting to be accuratly made.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-132_zpsu2reomrh

The lower mount has been made from styrene welded together with solvent to give it stength.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-133_zpsfarqigp7

At the same time the two ladder sections of the mast were also welded together being careful to keep everything square. The sections are hinged together using model aircraft nylon hinge pins.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-134_zpswqmziybc

The bottom plate of the mast platform has also been made.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-135_zpsk0hz0smx

The two parts now welded into one unit.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-136_zpsdgeazk4u

The gas struts at the base of the mast have been made and fitted in place.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-137_zpsrtqb55fy

View showing how the mast folds down.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-138_zpsdo0tyzni

Mast in the upright position.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-139_zpsbh3lt5if

Top surface of the mast platform now completed.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-140_zpsavlvxcla

Next on the agenda will be the folding upper mast section.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:43 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 2:09 am

great workmanship 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup , but how  can you possible put a price on something like this, as it must be  hundreds of hours taken, just price less to me. scratch scratch scratch scratch

david

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 2:23 am

Agreed David.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:29 am

Absolutely craftsmanship here boys!

Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:01 am

I can now see where I'm going wrong. My workshop is too neat and tidy lol! lol! lol!  More debris strewn around and my build quality should improve no end 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

Truly amazing!

Barrie

Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:22 am

You know get say geniuses are messy!

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 11:22 am

Glad you like what I get up to guys. 

my motto is Tidy Bench, tidy mind...... Messy Bench, busy at work!!

Mike
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 10:28 pm

this is precisely why I DON'T  build modern orange lifeboats...........too bloody complicated. lol

superb work mike.

neil.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 7:48 am

I have to agree, really nice work 2thumbsup

Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 9:05 pm

The upper mast section has been made from styrene tube and sheet to keep weight down.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-141_zpsnhdgvk1f

This section is pivoted onto the lower section made earlier.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-142_zpsxuswidq7

Mast folded down.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-143_zpsowc2u8uq

After painting the mast is trial fitted onto the rear of the wheelhouse and the safety rails, which it is fastened to when upright, made and fitted in place.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-144_zpsqahjtv5k

Again mast in the folded position which allows the boat to fit into boathouse.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-145_zpsfoqnbgws

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 3:39 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2016 5:34 pm

The base for the spray screens has been shaped and fitted onto the roof of the wheelhouse. The main mast supports can also be seen more easily in this picture.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-146_zpsnep6dyfy

The main screen section made from styrene and hinged in place.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-147_zpskx1w0xhw

The connecting bars from the screen to the mast fixed in place. These fold the screen when the mast is lowered.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-148_zpsx5mrh3co

Sucess!! evrything folds without problems.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-149_zps95wt48dh

The smaller screen and its side support made and hinged in place.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-150_zpsmilgoqut

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-151_zpshwc6kt9b

All the lights and radar have been fitted and this is the resulting nightmare of a wiring system. All these wires now have to be covered in heat shrink and then fitted into the two condits that run down either side of the mast.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-152_zpsiawvbpeb

All the wires tamed and in place.

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Hull-153_zpscrfhwkjd

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 5:38 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 7:32 am

Superb work, I am really enjoying this build 2thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat   Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhyl Mersey Class Lifeboat
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next