TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wood for planking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

Wood for planking Empty
PostSubject: Wood for planking   Wood for planking EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Ikea have some blinds that are cheap and made of Lime, if the lats are are cut up on a band saw they make very good planks, they will twist and bend at the same time making planking a hull easy.

If the varnish is sanded off they will take a wood stain, ideal for deck planking.

Alan

Wood for planking 2810

Wood for planking Dscf3320
Back to top Go down
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

Wood for planking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wood for planking   Wood for planking EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi Alan

is this current? do you have a product name or size/price? There is an Ikea about 12 miles from me at Warrington.

Regards Norseman
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

Wood for planking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wood for planking   Wood for planking EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:14 pm

I got mine from Warrington, the product name is Lindmon, there are a few types so you need to make sure you get the ones that are made of Lime, I got the ones that are about 4ft wide as they only have the two slots in for the cords, you can get longer planks from these, the wider ones have three slots in them. Sorry cant remember the price.

Alan
Back to top Go down

Wood for planking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wood for planking   Wood for planking EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 pm

good tip, alan........I have scoured car boot sales for them in the past............can usually get them for around 50pence in the season...get a good stock up of them.

neil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wood for planking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wood for planking   Wood for planking Empty

Back to top Go down

Wood for planking
Page 1 of 1