TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EricB
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 11:38 pm

Hello folks,
I have been looking to get into model boat build and design for a few years now, I have plenty of room and have been into rc trucks since the 80's.
I also have experience with wood as I was a pattern maker for years before I switched to cad design, I have solid works at home and at work I am a cad designer. Been using solid works for 16 years or so daily. My intentions are to make plans and cutter paths for boat builds. We have 2 cnc routers at work and I can have them cut once I make the models, I look forward to being part of the community and learning everything I can as well as sharing anything i can.  The riva has really caught my intentions and I have started a model in cad of a 36" version. Any input or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
My best
Eric
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Nov 30, 2020 9:43 pm

Hello Eric that's an impressive CV you've got, pattern making for what industry? I'm fighting my way through my first wooden build there's a lot of knowledge here I've learnt loads from reading the older threads.
Back to top Go down
Op2mst1000
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Wood model gas engine boat circa 1947-1949   Introduction EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:59 pm

Hi all I’m trying to get some help with a boat I have that I’m not sure of its value. I paid $3500. around 25yrs ago. At bizarre bazaar. Was hoping some might have information. I have plenty of photos and the boat engine rudders are all in almost pristine condition except for a little patina. No scratches no dents or cracks.
Please help!
Back to top Go down
Op2mst1000
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 9:00 pm

Op2mst1000 wrote:
Hi all I’m trying to get some help with a boat I have that I’m not sure of its value. I paid $3500. around 25yrs ago. At bizarre bazaar. Was hoping some might have information. I have plenty of photos and the boat engine rudders are all in almost pristine condition except for a little patina. No scratches no dents or cracks.
Please help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1