TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recent tweeks to the forum appearance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

Recent tweeks to the forum appearance Empty
PostSubject: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Hopefully you will have all noticed the increase in font size across the forum, and subtle changes to some of the colours on the section index pages. My aim was to make things easier to view and hopefully none of these changes (font size in particular)have caused any of you to have viewing issues however if you have please let me know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:54 pm

no matey....it's great...can actually see it now....was going to request a section on learning braile but you dun gud lad,
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 6:58 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Excellent my end. Nice to view.

Well done cheers

kem
Back to top Go down
jimmy2310
Gunner
Gunner
jimmy2310

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:13 pm

I thought I'd been to specsavers.Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Nice one Jimmy glad every one is happy with the change nice to see you again too Ken
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Cheers Phil.

Been rather busy of late. I'm working on boat 17 now. Thought I'd try the 'Lady Wooes'. What a nightmare !! The drawings are at best 'Guestimate'. I've probably made every part twice or three time and now my windows have misted up. They did warn me about superglue so I tried it on plain sheet and it didn't mist. Unfortunately in the confines of a cabin it did. Have to remove that lot sometime. hmph!! I do have Cockpit glue which is not so strong an adhesion so I'll use that instead.

I do check in here daily but sometimes it's a bit lonely.

ken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:30 pm

try double sided sticky tape for greetings card makers kenny.......very strong and any good craft( not our type of shop) outlet will sell it......comes in different widths and you can recognise it as the backing strip is red......I've even set fittings like doors to the ousside of models with it.good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Sounds a good idea I 'll look into it.

Here's a snap of the windows all misty

Recent tweeks to the forum appearance Dscf6510

Ghastly innit.

ken
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Another way is to cast the glazing in with clear resin, basically apply low tack plastic tape across the back of the window apperture set it on the bench level and pour in the resin, when set remove the tape and presto perfect glazing. Furthermore on the point of super glue misting try a thick super glue and "kicker"/activator it has less tendancy to vapourise as it sets as it goes of slower and doesn't heat up as it does
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent tweeks to the forum appearance   Recent tweeks to the forum appearance Empty

Back to top Go down

Recent tweeks to the forum appearance
Page 1 of 1