TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ Empty
PostSubject: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Nice buy on ebay this evening $71Au new never unpacked looking forward to building this model.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:03 pm

sounds good looking forward to seeing some pics of the build Damien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 am

0h dear I hope your not in a hurry Phil lol
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Never in a hurry on here Damien mate this hobby is one that should be taken easy mostly.

I've found your purchase on ebay and have to say such a pretty model and begging for some imaginative detailing lots of deck clutter etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:30 pm

I looked up the Midwest web site this model is no longer listed.

After a particularly nasty newspaper expose of our neighbourhood a facebook site was started and it seems I may get some community support to start a club if there's any interest.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:39 pm

seems a shame they have discontinued this one I would've thought it would be a popular model.

Thinking of starting a club eh best of luck mate it can be a very long haul mind you there are one or two on here who may well be able to offer advice also I notice rcgroups are now running a map section where you can register a sailing site which may help encourage visitors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 pm

First thing I'll need to find some interest in model boats, the lake is big We'll be hosting the World rowing champs next year the rowing course is 2km long.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Sounds plenty big enough for all the model boating disciplines mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:14 pm

have you guys any links to what one looks like..tried in vain to search, and my curiosity is arroused.

neil.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:01 pm

My best guess Neil is that this is the item Damien bought. because the auction has ended you need to scroll right down the page to see the pics mate

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MIDWEST-THE-HARBOUR-MASTER-962-/110739345283
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:17 pm

now that's a bonny looking boat...........

reminds me a lot of the old Caldercraft Ryhope army tug that i once had.....she sailed beautifully.

good luck with the build damien.

neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:19 am

That's my boat lol only 1 other bid should be fun it's been 40yrs since I last built a kit and that was the Sterling Models Schooner Emma C Berry & I still have her.

Ballarat has a model yacht club but they sail 18km away at Lake Learmonth I'm thinking My near by lake may be too shallow for the deeper keeled yachts.
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:03 pm

only one certain way to find out Damien and its a tad cold for wading for you at this time of year lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:14 pm

LOL easier way is to phone contact at yacht club and ask why not I prefer going to sea in boats not trunks lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Kit arrived today the laser cutting is superb she's a strange shaped beasty almost an oval
Back to top Go down
cpt jack sparrow
Gunner
Gunner
cpt jack sparrow

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 am

Looking forward to this build of a sweet looking boat.Get cracking mate!Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:31 am

WARNING don't hold your breath waiting for this build I haven't finished the Landing craft or the part built Swedish coastal freighter yet and only just started an air boat, the harbour master and the doer upper were bought because of the great price
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/   MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/ Empty

Back to top Go down

MIDWEST "THE HARBOUR MASTER" # 962/
Page 1 of 1