TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old wooden boat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
johanderuyter
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Old wooden boat Empty
PostSubject: Old wooden boat   Old wooden boat EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 12:07 pm

Hello, my name is Johan and i live in Belgium.
I'm new to rc boats, (exept for a 90's Korean Academy rc boat that i conducted once..)but i do have some planes and cars.
I bought an old wooden rc boat locally. I dont no nothing about boats but i liked it looks, old and dusty..
Is there someone who is familiar with these? It is 90 centimeters (35 inches) long and 20 centimeters wide, wood and it has a one channel rudder actuator.
The wiring is fabric insulated.
Here are some pictures.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
johanderuyter
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Old wooden boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old wooden boat   Old wooden boat EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 12:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
johanderuyter
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Old wooden boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old wooden boat   Old wooden boat EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 12:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
johanderuyter
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Old wooden boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old wooden boat   Old wooden boat EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 1:46 pm

Any one alive here?
Back to top Go down
Kimosubby
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Old wooden boat Empty
PostSubject: What and where did you find that?   Old wooden boat EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 6:00 pm

Hi there, if you are still asking?

I'm new here too, I joined to follow some builds and don't normally post, but spotted your lonely post and picked up.
I have build many boats of all types over the years. I restore old sailing yachts, really old yachts like over 100 years old and get them back on the water.

I have never seen such a boat as you have posted images of.
I thought at first it was a 'straight runner' but this has a rudder that can be controlled?
The forward compartment looks like it held batteries of some type, the wiring looks like that used in the 1930's in UK, (I'm Isle of Man), but the motor mount and position plus tanks and tubes would suggest a "Diesel" engine, like a petrol based fly boy engine. Those tanks and fuel pipes are not for electric.

There are also switches up front as well. Very curious find indeed. Sorry you are so far away I'd love to have a route about inside it.

Have fun, a full conversion to electric would be simple, an ESC and motor and a single servo to operate the rudder would have the boat running again.

Aye, Kim

johanderuyter likes this post

Back to top Go down
spyder2
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Old wooden boat Empty
PostSubject: Think I Know   Old wooden boat EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 7:58 pm

Recon this is a modified Aerokits Sea Commander, using Electric, by look of mount....They were a nice boat and my first build in my teens....
Still being produced by John at Jokita if you need other info
Back to top Go down
johanderuyter
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Old wooden boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old wooden boat   Old wooden boat EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 11:46 am

Thank you guys for your reply's! Yes i am going to put an electric motor in it, but i want something era correct.. like this photo's[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old wooden boat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old wooden boat   Old wooden boat Empty

Back to top Go down

Old wooden boat
Page 1 of 1