TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigfella9852
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 Empty
PostSubject: Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3   Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 8:28 pm

I am looking to buy a Volantex Racent Angry Shark and have done a LOT of reading.

I am torn between this and the Joysway Bullet V3.

They both seem to have their pros and cons, I am not so fussed about raw speed but usability and overall build quality and components is more what I am looking for.

Can anyone shed any light?  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3   Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 11:12 pm

Most members here don’t go that fast....

I have in the past, competition mono 1....

I’m going to be flat out honest with you...

Both boats are junk

They both sport ABS plastic hulls... forget the internal cheap electronics all made in China, the hull made of ABS is enough to know they are completely crap... you need a grp hull, for easily fixes, ( epoxy and a bit of p38 because shit will happen!, but a grp boat is vastly easier to repair even after a more serious accident)

A fast electric can easily do 30-60mph and when I raced... 80mph was expected!

One small crash and that’s it... boats dead that hull will crack.. and probably sink! Those are boats designed for quick spend and 5 mins of fun mostly for kids and adults with a fleeting fancy to a fast boat!
They also have a tendency to flip over, and most can’t self right, do u have a rescue boat at hand or a pair of waders?
That said I have to ask can you handle a boat at that speed???? Most can’t! 

But I’m not ya momma, so spend as you like.... but.... you want to really read up on fast electric fundamentals, out runners, Kv ratings and then go to the real experts which when I want to go fast I go Here!

https://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/

If you have questions, ask there isn’t much I don’t know about this area including the electronics!

bigfella9852
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3   Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have been mulling it over the past few days.

I agree that plastic is rubbish, so with that in mind I am weighing up a couple of other boats.  Please let me know what you think:

• Aquacraft Revolt 30 - I believe this company has gone bust, but there are a few suppliers selling them new at a discounted price.  However, I am slightly concerned about spares.
  • Kyosho Jetstream 888VE - I like the look of this one, with the waterproof box for the electrics and the self-righting aspect.  But, it is quite a bit more expensive than the Revolt 30.

Thanks as always.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3   Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 10:25 am

To be honest this is the same issue as all other boats, these just have bigger price tags for the Chinese junk..

My racing mono 1 was a beast and didn’t cost anywhere near these prices,

That included a 4050kv 

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=Delta+Force+29%3A+Bare+Hull+%2829.5%22+749mm%29

Not sure why this links not working... it works the. Doesn’t occasionally... if it’s not working just google the Delta Force mono hull from offshore electrics.

This was the exact hull I used, both 27” and 33” version, the rest of the running gear came from preswitch models ( linked in first reply) it used a leopard 4050 in runner with an 120 amp esc on 3s lipos from hobby king, the hull I modified to self right with a chamber in the left side,total cost of that build was £300 including a 2ch transmitter! 

Paint job was simple 2 tone flat colour with a night orange nose and my number.

The point is, not only is it cheaper to build from scratch but you know the parts you can replace and upgrade, swap out etc and your not restricted to waiting for official spares that you just can’t get, if your prepared to waste £500 on plastic then how about waste same on a scratch built monster that will deffo give you a better hardon

zooma
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3   Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Although I enjoy spending many hours building model boats, I also understand the appeal of having a cheap RTR boat that can be kept in the car and thrown on the water for a "fast fix"..

I have an Inception (also sold under Joysway's own brand name as the Alpha 1000) and it is a superb model boat to run and is certainly fast - even when run on 4 cells - and on 6 cells it is ballistic.

As well as the Inception (still going strong after 24 months of fast sailing) I also have a smaller Vector 80 that I have had for even longer.  The Vector 80 is the same boat as the Angry Shark but has been around longer and does not have the alloy "bling" parts on it, and it is painted red and not yellow!

The Vector 80 is a much "tamer" boat than the bigger Inception and suits smaller club lakes and casual sailing better and is nothing like as fast - but it still gives that satisfying "white water" without being so aggressive - and without frightening the other club members who are happily sailing their scale models.

I would never run the Inception when other club members are on the water as it would be inconsiderate and could very quickly end in tears, so when choosing your RTR "fast fix" the performance always needs to be taken into consideration.  If it is too fast, it won't  get as much use unless you are fortunate enough to have access to a large area of water where you can "let it rip" whenever you feel the need!

For my money the Joysway products are a higher quality product than the Volantex (and for similar money) so of the two you mention I would choose the Bullet V3 as being the better buy, and when all the cheap running gear than came in my Vector 80 finally wears itself out,  I would replace it with a Bullet V3 as it is a similar size of hull (about 80cm).

Glass fibre is a heavier and stronger hull material and I have similar sized fast hulls made from glass fibre too, but the lighter weight ABS material used in these newer designs (especially the Joysway hulls) really is very good - and being lighter they are faster too !

The glass fibre hulls have a gel-coat to give the gloss finish and they are more easily "chipped" during day to day use and don't take the minor bumps as well as a good ABS hull without needed some titivating, and in the event of a bad smash they can both be repaired.

Both hull types can be painted easily enough when the time comes for a new finish so they both have their advantages.

It has taken me many years to accept that the better quality ABS hulls are worth bothering with, but I have to admit (somewhat reluctantly) that the current crop of good quality ABS hulls do work well and despite several "hairy moments" they are still gong strong and are continuing to impress.
Back to top Go down
zooma
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3   Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 7:46 pm

I would just like to add to my last contribution on this subject,  and make it clear that I always found the older generation of ABS plastics to be total rubbish as they were cheap and fragile and got worse with age as they became ever more brittle to the extent that they could easily shatter if hit hard.

It was also very difficult to repair them as they seemed to react badly to almost every adhesive, so please don't think that I in any way support any of the "olde" type early ABS plastic boats as they really are bad - and get worse with age!

I have no idea how the plastics industry scientists have found a way to make the new generation of "ABS" plastic boats (if thats what they are) so much better, but they have noticeably improved in recent times and even some of the newer (and still expensive) ProBoats latest models (including the self righting Sonicwake) are now made with this type of material.

Maybe it is not ABS at all (as we know it) that this newer generation boats  are actually made from (?), but whatever it is, it seems to be a lot more durable and I know of club members who have successfully repaired their damaged "ABS" hulls and they are still performing well.

They may never be as "crash proof" as the strongest GRP or wooden hulls, and they may not be as repairable (in some instances), but I no longer regard them as "total rubbish" as some of them are rather good!
Back to top Go down
zooma
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3   Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 5:46 pm

2023 update.

My yellow Inception is still going strong with no signs of any cracking or splitting of the plastic hull (I still don't know if this is a new type of ABS or an entirely different type of plastic).  The boat has survived a high speed flight out of the water with no damage when I made a mistake and clipped the edge of the lake causing it to launch into the air and land on dry ground about 10-15 ft away from the point of take-off!

So far, I have been very happy with the build and strength of the boat to date, and the only change I have made was to change the steering servo to a faster high power type as I run it fast on a fairly small lake and preferred a faster steering response.

I also bought a new red Joysway Alpha 1000 (same boat!) from Rossendale Models last year, (2022) and look forward to running it when the weather (hopefully) improves this spring. This boat has also had a fast high power steering servo fitted for the same reasons, but if I was running the boats on a larger expanse of water, I would probably not have changed the kit supplied servos.

As a matter of interest, my even older Volantex Vector 80 is also still being run every week and continues to run very well.  I honestly thought that this boat would have been worn-out by now, but it is still going with no obvious signs of wear of failure - and it still looks like a new boat!

All of my fast boats that run with a flexi-shaft have had them removed, cleaned, and re-lubricated after every session.  My stock of spare flexi-shafts has not been touched yet, but (like the Vector 80) they must be on "borrowed time" as I never expected any of these RTR boats to last as so long or to work as well as they have done,  and would not be at all surprised if they need replacing sometime soon.  I have certainly had my moneys-worth out of them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3   Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Volantex Racent Angry Shark VS Joysway Bullet V3
Page 1 of 1