TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Signalling problem? Maybe?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RC Noddy.
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Signalling problem? Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi all.
My first post about my first ever build. It's a bait boat for fishing. Not part of a kit, but my own creation... apart from the Futaba signal components.

Considering I know literally nothing about RC, i was very proud to have built my very own, fully functioning fishing tool. Apart from saving myself a small fortune, I thought I would get a lot of satisfaction from the project and indeed I did.

However... the boat has developed a problem and I can't figure out how to fix it. To my (very limited) mind, it's a signal problem. Are there any enthusiasts, more knowlegable than me that can offer me some advice as to what's going wrong? (I really am clueless on this subject).

I will explain the symptoms and the problems im getting if I get an offer of help.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 12:50 pm

If you start by telling us where abouts you are, then there may be someone near you who could help. These problems are always difficult to diagnose remotely.
Having said that, then we will try to help if you post the details.

Barrie

Last edited by barriew on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Personal message sent 

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 10:36 pm

welcome to the forum, and glad you are seeking help.

i'm sure Dave will be able to sort you out.

neil.
Back to top Go down
RC Noddy.
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 8:54 am

Goid morning gents.
Thanks for Your replies. I am in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. Would be handy if an expert was close by.

The boat: Its a two prop, two speed controller bait boat. Futaba radio controls. Apart from the two bait hoppers (bait release system) it's very basic.

Symptoms: Everything works, but intermittently. Erratically, then sometimes not at all. That's why I think it's a signal problem rather than any one individual component.

Can't think of any other info I'm leaving out, but happy to elaborate on anything?

Any advice? Or further questions???
Back to top Go down
RC Noddy.
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 8:57 am

Dave.
How do I receive your PM? Can't see a link anywhere?
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 10:02 am

RC Noddy. wrote:
Dave.
How do I receive your PM? Can't see a link anywhere?
At the very top of the page under A Forum For Modellers by Modellers you will see a line starting Home - on there should be something like You have One New Message.

As to your problem I would check and double check all your connections. It just may be worth adding suppression capacitors to your motor. If you are using 2.4 Ghz it shouldn't be a problem, but you never know Rolling Eyes

You could also check out the Great Yarmouth Model Boat Club - http://greatyarmouthmbc.co.uk/  I am sure someone there would be able to help you.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
RC Noddy.
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 11:07 am

Hi Barrie.
I have checked the connections. All seem good. Have no idea what suppression capacitors are unfortunately! Due to my lack of knowledge, I'm thinking a local expert may be the way to go on this occasion.

I still can't see any link to PMs?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 11:42 am

Top of the page you will see MESSAGES click on this and it will be there it will have you have 1 new message on it click on this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signalling problem? Maybe?   Signalling problem? Maybe? Empty

Back to top Go down

Signalling problem? Maybe?
Page 1 of 1