TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci Empty
PostSubject: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 am

The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci - dubbed the 'most beautiful ship in the world' in 1962 by men onboard USS Independence - has left Portsmouth Harbour after a four day stay

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6103657/The-beautiful-ship-world-164ft-tall-three-decked-rigger-sets-sail-Portsmouth.html
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 11:19 am

hi Damien,

she is a very impressive ship, 2thumbsup 2thumbsup would have liked to see it leaving  Surprised 

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 11:26 am

Indeed David.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 7:44 pm

I actually saw this ship in Rome's Civitivechia harbour. Moore - not sailing unfortunately. I'll see if I can dig out the photo I took. A friend at my previous boat club built the model which in itself was prett impressive.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 10:02 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 10:09 am

hi barrie, 

you were in the right place at the right time you lucky man  2thumbsup
did your friend  put all the detail of the rigging on it, as that is impressive on its own.

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi David, Yes it was fully rigged. He once gave us a demonstration of how he did it. He actually built several of these fully rigged vessels. I'll see if I have any photos when I've got time to search. At one time he regularly won medals at the old Ellesmere Port Boat show.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 7:38 pm

I don't seem to have any digital photos of the model - only ones in the Club Magazine which are not good enough to digitize and post. This is the one in Italy. This was taken from our cruise ship - we weren't allowed to walk around the docks so this is the best shot I could get.

Barrie

The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci P1000410
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 8:12 pm

hi barrie, 

good photo 2thumbsup
how about it for your next build scratch , it will keep you happy for a long time Laughing I have been looking at some kits that start at £2200 Smile .

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 8:28 pm

David

If I manage to do the rigging on the Thames Barge it will be a miracle lol! I still have my big Fishing Boat to rig as well, although I think that is unlikely to happen. Just at the moment I am struggling to get up the enthusiasm to work on the barge. Its no use forcing myself to model so it will probably have to wait for a few weeks.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 12:59 pm

I did a Thames barge quite a while ago... the rigging is something else and took me longer to do than build the hull!

Such is life, shame it’s sat on a shelf in someone’s window the boat worked a treat before leaving me.

I’ve always fancied doing another but I just can’t bring myself to build a boat that size again, ( sails mostly)

barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 1:31 pm

This one was requested by my wife Aron, so it was not strictly my choice Rolling Eyes. It won't sail.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 1:18 pm

That’s such a shame they really are a joy to sail. Especially if you can get the counter weights each side to work without using a false keel weight!

But enjoy the build they are very unique boats and I really enjoyed building the one I did.
(modern racer styled) looking forward to that blog bud.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci   The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci Empty

Back to top Go down

The Italian Navy tall ship the Amerigo Vespucci
Page 1 of 1