TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

German racing airboat & plan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

German racing airboat & plan Empty
PostSubject: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 9:32 pm

German racing airboat & plan A5a56d10

For anyone interested, I have some plans for a very unique designed German racing airboat, donated by a friend of mine over the www.

It’s a projects I’m sure some of you would like to have a go at!

If anyone would like a copy of the pdf file, to which you can print out etc, just send me a message with your email attached. ( I’m not letting this be a public download as this is exclusively for members of the forum, and “guests” well they don’t get freebies!)

Be warned the instructions are in German, and I’m not translating them, however I’m pretty sure most can figure out the plan.

On a side note the plan suggests using an engine however we all know converting to a brushless motor will be simple enough.
RR

Heyperman likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 am

YES please Aron
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Sent to your forums signin email bud

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 2:12 am

Many thanks Aron.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
zooma
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 11:36 am

Hi Aron,

I would like to take a look at these plans please.

When I was still at school I made an "own design" airboat (mainly balsa wood construction) to fit my Cox BabyBee 049 glow engine and I ran it for several years. I was very proud of the bright yellow Humbrol paint scheme and loved the smell of the burning Nitrex 15 and the sound of the screaming Cox engine - ideal ingredients for a 10 year old lad!

Actually when I said that I run "it", there was more than one (!)  as it was "free running" (no radio control in those days) and the odd "collision" was not exactly unknown, so there was a need to repair and sometimes rebuild when the damage was too severe to patch-up.

Trying to get my air boat to run straight was always a challenge  -  as was running around to the other side of the pond to try to catch it before it crashed into the side!

Finding someone to help by standing on the other side to catch it was not too easy,  as most "friends" showed a distinct sense of self preservation - and one even run away!

I am sure having an unprotected driving propeller buzzing about on the local park's boating come paddling pool would definitely not be considered as being "acceptable" these days - but it was great fun for me at the time - and nobody got hurt !

Happy Days!

Bob.

Bob.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 1:07 pm

Bob, please message me your email and I’ll send them over!

Regards

zooma
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 10:24 pm

Roadrunner wrote:

Regards
Sent to you by email this afternoon.

Many thanks!

Bob.
Back to top Go down
zooma
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 12:01 pm

I was kindly sent the info to build a Jet Boat.

Although this is very interesting, I don't think I will be building one of these, but I would still like to have a  copy of the Air Boat pans if I can please as that is something that I would be more interested in building.

Thanks for your help,

Bob.
Back to top Go down
Tugs
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 8:00 am

Message about to be sent. Thank you for the offer.

Are these actually raced and if so is there a video etc?
Back to top Go down
zooma
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Roadrunner wrote:

Regards
Hi Arron,

Thanks for sending me the info about a jet boat (very interesting) but could you please send me the plans for the Air Boat as I do fancy having a go at building one of these.

Stay safe!

Bob.  zooma@kingcobra.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Sorry guys it seams I have misplaced the original files for this air boat hence the mistake on sending out the jet boat... honestly I have no clue how the files are messed up however good news....

I found the files!!!! Thank god for back up personal drives!

So I’m sending those out shortly!! Many apology’s you those who had to wait

Tugs
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 9:21 am

Received thank you.

I don't kn ow whether I will ever build it but it an interesting addition to my "oddball" collection.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German racing airboat & plan   German racing airboat & plan Empty

Back to top Go down

German racing airboat & plan
Page 1 of 1