TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FLAGS AND PENNANTS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty
PostSubject: FLAGS AND PENNANTS   FLAGS AND PENNANTS EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 7:50 pm

well guys, I'm getting very close to the end of my build of the Calmac ferry Jupiter and need some flags and house pennants to bring her to life.

I know that BECC still make then but is there anyone else also who make to order as I need some special ones............house flag, pilot not needed, etc, and I once had a card from a chap who used to display his wares at the Blackpool show, and I think he was called Dave Alsop............anyone have any ideas.

cheers neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLAGS AND PENNANTS   FLAGS AND PENNANTS EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Nearly right Neil - its Mike Alsop. Contact details here (from that other forum  Shocked)

IMO best place to go is Mike Allsop, Scale Flags and Ensigns". He has a stand at many of the shows.
Very good quality, good prices.  Large selection of Red Ensigns in different sizes.  Also does flags and pennants for just about every shipping line going.

No web site as far as I know, but call him on 01476 573331

I tried to get a Calmac flag from him, but he didn't have what I wanted.

Regards,

Barrie
Back to top Go down

FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLAGS AND PENNANTS   FLAGS AND PENNANTS EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 pm

cheers barrie......I will get in touch with him..................need to get some photos of the flags I need plus the sizes for my boats and then I'll give him a bell.........think I need 5 different ones.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLAGS AND PENNANTS   FLAGS AND PENNANTS EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 2:21 pm

barriew wrote:

No web site as far as I know, but call him on 01476 573331

That's the Grantham, Lincolnshire code, I could pick them up for you Neil. lol!
Back to top Go down

FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLAGS AND PENNANTS   FLAGS AND PENNANTS EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 4:42 pm

thanks TT......i'll ring him tomorrow...........bit emosh today........daughter of a friend of mine.........of over 40 years, rang me to say that he had passed away this morning......was only diagnosed last wee with very aggressive cancer..........so just cant talk t anyone at the mo without crying......he was a good buddy, great modeller..........and loved his real ale, we had a lot in common.

i'll miss him.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLAGS AND PENNANTS   FLAGS AND PENNANTS EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 7:06 am

Sad news Neil, we will all see more and more friends pass on at our time of life, I always think it best to think of the good times when close friends die, keep your chin up chap.
Back to top Go down

FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLAGS AND PENNANTS   FLAGS AND PENNANTS EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 am

it was nice to see as I passed the RNLI station yesterday that they were flying the flag at half mast for him............he did a great deal for the station a few years ago until they built the new building, and then his services seemed to be "no longer required", and he retired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLAGS AND PENNANTS   FLAGS AND PENNANTS Empty

Back to top Go down

FLAGS AND PENNANTS
Page 1 of 1