TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robot wars 2016

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 4:32 pm

Anyone here a fan of robot wars?

I for one am glad to see a new season returned to bbc2 rather then the killer channel 5 mockery it ended up as.

Its been some 10 years since its demise from our screens but the usa version battle bots and the german equivalent have remained strong over the decade.

My daughter is heavily into watching it and now the uk series is back shes asking (more like nagging) for me to build her a robot to compete in the next coming series. my honest thoughts on that will be an outright No, the shear cost and dedication to that sort of project on the whim of a 11 year old is just not worth my efforts to contemplate taking on such a task.
( but you never know i might get tempted i'm a big kid at heart!)

but i'm glad to see the series is back and hoping it will become as big as it once was after this seasons ended.

anyone else's views on it?

goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 4:43 pm

as you say it is nice to see it back on the beeb the usa one is now where near as good
Back to top Go down
Just add water
Gunner
Gunner
Just add water

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Yahooo   Robot wars 2016 EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 5:10 pm

I love Robot Wars it was the best thing on TV, I am so glad it is making a return I love the noise, enthusiasm, willingness to help each other and the destruction.
But a real shame the Birmingham accent is not on the platform to introduce the start.
Good old Craig.
LET THE WARS BEGIN!

Robot wars 2016 2Q==
And of coarse this bit.
Robot wars 2016 2Q==
Back to top Go down
goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 5:30 pm

both irreplaceable Very Happy who knows where they are now Sad
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Mr Craig Charles is back to his best, red dwarf xiii right now. Think miss forester is a mommy so good end to her career.

The new season is ok, but I'm not enjoying the way fights are sorted out, it's very strange and after last night episode I was a bit annoyed with the way it was shown, foxium well its creator acted like a Right douchbag, made it painful to watch his attitude, he's one of those people that you want to knock clean out.

I'm hoping this new series will improve over the coming years, better fight arrangements, and better enthusiasm with the hosts even Mr Jeremy has brought his excitement down a few pegs, his comments were always a laugh.

Trick is to get people back into it, and after 10 years away it's a tall order with the world changes, that's why I've been following the featherweight contest, hosted by robo challenge, those fights make the heavyweights look pathetic! 

Last edited by Roadrunner on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com
goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 3:15 pm

i have to agree they haven't got the formula quite right and as for last nights battles some what disappointing
Back to top Go down
Just add water
Gunner
Gunner
Just add water

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Robots   Robot wars 2016 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Well they need to sort out there steering and practice or sort out there servo travel rates because they seem to over steer, not a good option to get a weapon to work.
Bring back the old presenters Please.
Sad
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 5:41 pm

But a real shame the Birmingham accent is not on the platform to introduce the start.

BIRMINGHAM????

Craig Charles is 100% scouser. They come from Liverpool, BTW...
DM
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:34 pm

i did find the owner of the ''fox robot'' to come off like a right douche during the show, his attitude was poor form to say the least and i also noticed he purchased his robot chassis online!

http://www.battlekits.com/

kinda takes away from ingenuity in building a combat robot! ( although he did mod it some what ... badly tho)

honestly i have no respect for that guy and for one am glad to see him bite the dust he should be ashamed.

Just add water
Gunner
Gunner
Just add water

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:41 pm

inertia wrote:

BIRMINGHAM????

Craig Charles is 100% scouser. They come from Liverpool, BTW...
DM
Yep you are right I stand corrected sir, I should know better scratch Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Just add water
Gunner
Gunner
Just add water

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Roadrunner wrote:
i did find the owner of the ''fox robot'' to come off like a right douche during the show, his attitude was poor form to say the least and i also noticed he purchased his robot chassis online!

http://www.battlekits.com/

kinda takes away from ingenuity in building a combat robot! ( although he did mod it some what ... badly tho)

honestly i have no respect for that guy and for one am glad to see him bite the dust he should be ashamed.
It was poo and to small glad they went down hahaha cheers
Back to top Go down
goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:17 pm

we have all seen robot wars we have all seen battle bots but who else has seen robot combat league
these are full size humanoid robots bashing the daylights out of each other
first program is about the bots and the maker the second is episode one (sorry not a good copy but all i could find on you tube)

Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 1:17 am

I've seen the battle bots..... to fixed, to much CG, and to many fake effects... i have no idea how this lasted as long as it did!

did you know the Japs have a better version, theirs are semi autonomous...

Kinda reminds me of the film real steel just in super miniature, but overall very good engineering regardless if the fights are a tad tame.

Anyway back to robot wars episode 3.....

No spoilers for those who haven't watched it yet... but overall best set of fights yet, no real drama although the final battle the 'loosers' tried it on for a bit of banter... which again showed up poorly on the Box...

Still not sure about this whole new fight schedule they are doing hopefully that will change in the next season as more people take part along with a new host, this one seams to have little if any charisma to jear up the crowd or the viewers feels rather like playing robotowars video game on the PS1 back in 1999 and the production team stop with the 'limitations'. i found out that these current teams were restricted in certain areas. and a lot of the competing teams are veteran builders who have been forced into a tight box with the limits....
I have a feeling the limitations were placed there until they could astatine what sort of damage some of these machines could do, with an untested arena, and 10 years since the last most destructive robot was hypnodisk... now its 10 years better on brush less tech, lipos and all so everything was about to get pushed to the next level and i don't think the producers understood that.

oh well bring on season 2 with improvement until then at least we get an hour of mild destruction followed by hitting youtube for battlebots 2016 where they have it nailed!

Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 9:10 pm

Best Episode yet, worthy winner, entertaining and above all had that feeling it back to how it should be.

This will go down in RW history with 3 of the mega weight house robots immobilized! 

Only disappointment was one of the head to heads both robots being useless after 60 seconds but regardless excellent set of bouts.

Just add water
Gunner
Gunner
Just add water

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 10:08 am

Roadrunner wrote:
Best Episode yet, worthy winner, entertaining and above all had that feeling it back to how it should be.

This will go down in RW history with 3 of the mega weight house robots immobilized! 

Only disappointment was one of the head to heads both robots being useless after 60 seconds but regardless excellent set of bouts.
Best yet of the series 2thumbsup  I even shouted at the TV, that's a first for me lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 4:00 pm

its not often that you see the house robots upside down lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 7:01 pm

In the old seasons the house robots weighed in just over the 100kg, only Sir Killalot was a beast at 220kg....  those were all easily flipped with the competitors and a common occurrence, in-fact i think some of them took more damage then the opponent they were supposed to be fighting.

The new house robots weigh in at 300KG a pop and the new killalot is a staggering 750KG! 
The competitors robots are still in the 100kg range (their max allowed weight being 135kg) which makes flipping the new heavy weigh house robots even more impressive.

goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 11:42 pm

just re watched an old but good film about robot battles "Real Steel"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Robot wars 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robot wars 2016   Robot wars 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

Robot wars 2016
Page 1 of 1