TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Puddle jumper MK2 the build

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nivapilot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
nivapilot

Puddle jumper MK2 the build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puddle jumper MK2 the build   Puddle jumper MK2 the build - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Turn the engine around, and put the prop in front of the venturi......solved it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

PostSubject: Re: Puddle jumper MK2 the build   Puddle jumper MK2 the build - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 8:15 pm

if i did that the air boat would go backwards hmmmm thinks  cheers
Back to top Go down
goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

PostSubject: Re: Puddle jumper MK2 the build   Puddle jumper MK2 the build - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:47 pm

all fixed now the carb was knackered so i bought a new one
it now fly's down the pond
here is a quick video
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Puddle jumper MK2 the build   Puddle jumper MK2 the build - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 10:53 am

Usually the prop rotation should aid in getting air to the carb regardless of engine direction, that said most engines and props are forward facing rather then rear to eliminate carb issues as well as being a better position to mount the motor ( since on aircrafts that the only mounting point.)

If you did face the engine forwards, it would just take a prop swap, from RH to LH.

IF your having issues with stalling due to lack of air flow through the carb , even with the new carb it might be worth looking into some sort of air filter ( this will help trap air, and clean it ) or do what is is done with cars and fit a snorkel type system with the opening into the air flow to maximize the air imput as its then becoming pulled and pushed in at the same time, making it all that more efficient, and also meaning you can run leaner as you are getting the cooling and air flow maximized.

goldslinger
Midshipman
Midshipman
goldslinger

PostSubject: Re: Puddle jumper MK2 the build   Puddle jumper MK2 the build - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 4:38 pm

i did put an air filter on it along with a snorkel when i fitted the new carb
ans as i said in my previous post it now flys
the old carb was leaking badly from all around the throttle control despite new seals and around the throat into the engine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puddle jumper MK2 the build   Puddle jumper MK2 the build - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Puddle jumper MK2 the build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2