TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi All New joiner to the ships company here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drunkenmatelot
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Hi All New joiner to the ships company here Empty
PostSubject: Hi All New joiner to the ships company here   Hi All New joiner to the ships company here EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 9:13 am

Hi
i am Kevin (50 years of age) and i live in Kent Uk

i have always built models from an early age mostly model aircraft as a child, only when i got older did i start to move on to where i am now which really is model warships. mainly british and mainly ones that i served on whilst i was in the Royal Navy. So if anyone has warship questions or needs pictures more than happy to help !

In my collection i have a 1/96th scale Type 23 HMS Monmouth (My last ship) a 1/96th scale leander frigate HMS Penelope (My first ship) and a Perkasa which i converted to be HMS Cutlass a royal navy Fast patrol boat. All these started out to be working boats however they just got so delicate that i can't really use them and now they have pride of place in my office. HMS Cutlass is the only one that i could use and is fitted with RC gear.

next up when the Penny is finished in about another year. it will be time to step out of my dark grey comfort zone and attack a Graupner manhattan 74 but i have never done a civilian gin palace hence when i saw this site and James H brilliant build thread i joined.

i will hopefully be getting some help from you guys about lots of new challenges and i have already submitted a post re modern navigation lights and how or where to buy them.

if anyone would like to give me some advice on soldering brass etch (i need it for the Penelope model as well ) that would be great, such as best soldering iron, set up how best to do it. what people use to gut brass rod straight and angles ? 

i will be spraying my first model with a proper spray gun, warships are easy, Halfords grey and its pretty much there. so spraying tips would be good.

well i really do look forward to more from this site and hopefully will get some good ides for my current projects. if i pester too much just shout and i will go and sulk in my modelling room. who ever sulks in a room like that then LOL !
cheers for now.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

Hi All New joiner to the ships company here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi All New joiner to the ships company here   Hi All New joiner to the ships company here EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:29 am

Hi Kevin and welcome aboard.

just ask away your questions and folk will try to help I'm sure  2thumbsup

As for the photo's would you post up some of your models please, we love photo's 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

Hi All New joiner to the ships company here
Page 1 of 1