TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy to be a new member

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stevercboat19
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Stevercboat19

Happy to be a new member Empty
PostSubject: Happy to be a new member   Happy to be a new member EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:22 pm

I am retired now , but have been building model ships since 1965. I have recently gotten into the remote control boats which are a lot of fun. I was in San Francisco a few months ago , and was able to go to the golden gate park which has a really nice little lake for remote control boats and also a very large boat club. While there I saw a nice steam powered RC boat, so I decided to build one --- seems I may have bitten off more than I can chew.  Anyway its fun -- keeps me out of the corner bars lol!
I tried to post something about myself on the "welcome page" but could not find a send  button.
Little help please --
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be a new member   Happy to be a new member EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 3:38 pm

think  everyone's on holiday Steve........just got back from rainy Scotland myself, lol

are you still having problems posting.........if so, let me know and we'll try and help.........and in the meantime welcome to the  friendly forum.

please tell us about yourself a little more and post some pics of models past and present.

neil and the gang.
Back to top Go down
Stevercboat19
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Stevercboat19

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be a new member   Happy to be a new member EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 5:00 pm

nhp651 wrote:
think  everyone's on holiday Steve........just got back from rainy Scotland myself, lol

are you still having problems posting.........if so, let me know and we'll try and help.........and in the meantime welcome to the  friendly forum.

please tell us about yourself a little more and post some pics of models past and present.

neil and the gang.

Hi Neil , thanks for the response. Still having some trouble navigating in this forum , but will get it figured out sooner or later. I live in North West Arkansas very near a big lake , so that is why I switched from building stationary model ships to radio control , not to mention it's a lot of fun. I am retired now so I have time to build, which is actually my favorite thing to do. I mentioned that I am building a steam power ship, that will keep me busy for months, as I have no plans for it other than what is in my head. Very much a scratch build. I will try to attach a few pictures - some are of the USS Constitution that I started building in the late 60's , never finished it . Some how it survived several moves until a few years ago when I moved here to Arkansas. In that move it got pretty much destroyed. Took me 6 months to put it back together and finish the rigging. The next pictures will be of the Steam ship I am attempting to build. I have many other ships as well but will not bore you with too many pictures.  Not sure if any pictures got attached. If not send me instructions on how to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be a new member   Happy to be a new member EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 5:46 pm

we never get bored on here of photos steve.............post as many as you want.
Back to top Go down
Stevercboat19
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Stevercboat19

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be a new member   Happy to be a new member EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:04 pm

nhp651 wrote:
we never get bored on here of photos steve.............post as many as you want.
I tried to send 6 photos -- I think none got posted -- please give me instructions on how to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be a new member   Happy to be a new member EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

have a look on this section steve at the Uploading photos tutorial.........it is a little complicated to begin with but once you have done it once or twice it becomes second nature.

neil.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be a new member   Happy to be a new member EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:40 am

nhp651 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Be interesting to see some photo's of your steam build Thumbup perhaps you could do a build blog for us to follow ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be a new member   Happy to be a new member Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy to be a new member
Page 1 of 1