TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
REMUS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat Empty
PostSubject: 1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 12:11 pm

Iam going to build a pair of these boats 1">1froot so 39" scale in Pine on Oak frames.

1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat Mmmtgs10

This is my first attempt at model boats  but have plenty of experiance in wood working and DIY
 However before i get posting on the forum i would like to say ive just had a bad experiance on an other forum and the lack of understanding of how i have to do things and why i may ask thing the way i do which is why i left that forum. Iam also going through a 4 1/2y brevement which has left me with no motivation /no life even before the covid and thats why these models will be my escape and a new begining.

Last edited by REMUS on Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Full Ahead likes this post

Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 12:36 pm

Welcome Remus

Sorry to hear you have a bad experience on another Forum. I can assure you that we do not allow negative criticism, or attacks on members, on this Form. I as Moderator and Roadrunner,  the owner, are very definite about that. We will do our best to answer your queries and give any advice we can.
I look forward to seeing your build  as it progresses. Posting photos is very easy on this Forum. There is a built in image host, and there is no limit to photo sizes.

Barrie
Form Moderator

REMUS likes this post

Back to top Go down
REMUS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Build help    1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 3:21 pm

My Boats will be 39" long and approz 13" on the beam and built of pine on oak frames so given thing info what type  & size of motor would i need with a single prop .Also would i need two controlers two opperate two boats ?
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:11 pm

I think that a 385 class motor should be adequate. This would be a good motor to use with the ESC below. https://www.mtroniks.net/prod/Motors-For-RC-Boats/M400.htm
You could swap a speed controller between two models, but it would complicate the wiring, and probably introduce a point of weakness.
I would suggest a 15 amp ESC from Mtroniks like this https://www.mtroniks.net/prod/Boat-Speed-Controls/Viper-Marine-15-pnp.htm
It is certainly possible to swap a receiver between boats. These use plug connections anyway, so are easier to move.

Barrie

REMUS likes this post

Back to top Go down
REMUS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Build help   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:18 pm

Barrie
  You have mentioned Brushed motor .What are the pros & cons for a brushless motor
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:44 pm

I suggested a brushed motor as its easier to specify the size you need. With brushless you have to consider more factors, plus these were originally designed for aircraft use where high revs are required, and they only have to go in one direction. Things have improved a lot, and some now have good slow running capabilities. There are now some good waterproof escs offering forward and reverse - avoid the car ones as they have a brake function which can be a problem.

I have used a brushless motor in a small model, and I think the combination I used would suit your models, but I can't be sure. I used a 1000Kv motor and a 30 amp marine ESC. I can supply details if you wish, although I did buy from China.

I am no expert on brushless!

Barrie

REMUS likes this post

Back to top Go down
REMUS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: update   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 4:45 pm

Just bought a clarke scrol saw so started to cut out the templates in 3mm ply and make up the keel The boat in question is rotting away in a uk North Norfolk creek and as there are no plans  so ive been searching for  photoes  on the net  of the hull out of the water to get the shape correct 
I will post some pics later

Fred 1948 and Martin555 like this post

Back to top Go down
REMUS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Romulus & Remus when new in 1955   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyThu Dec 22, 2022 10:27 am

1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat Romulu10

Fred 1948 and Martin555 like this post

Back to top Go down
REMUS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Angled tramson   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 7:23 pm

Looking fo idear`s on how to extend /build the angled pointed tramson that these boats had.1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat Remus_10
1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat Low-ti10

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
REMUS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Angled transom   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 3:56 pm

Anyone ?
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 4:04 pm

Make the deck to the shape you want. Plank the hull bottom over length. When completed you can cut it to shape. You should be able to 'fill the gap' with a two part transom. It appears that the transom doesn't extend above deck.

Hope this helps,

Barrie

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
REMUS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Plans   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat EmptyFri Feb 10, 2023 4:39 pm

1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat Remus211
I now have had the drawing scaled up and printed on A0 full size sheet as Romulus and Remus will be 39" long 13" beam .

JoJoElbe and Full Ahead like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat   1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat Empty

Back to top Go down

1950s Whitstable Fishing Boat
Page 1 of 1