TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tutankhamun model boats

Go down 
AuthorMessage
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

tutankhamun model boats Empty
PostSubject: tutankhamun model boats   tutankhamun model boats EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 8:33 pm

this programme was on channel four on sunday 24/03/19. what a fantastic find, these boats are 4,000 years old. well worth watching on catchup.    I am now preparing my own tomb now for all my model boats to come with me lol! lol! on my next journey don't no if they will last that long

This is one of eighteen model boats that were found in the treasury of the tomb of King Tutankhamun.

The fleet was to be used by the king on his journey beyond the grave and consequently the boats were all facing west to indicate the direction of travel.

This boat is fitted with sails and shrouds and has a central cabin and a housing at either end decorated with images of a bull and a sphinx.

This type of boat was used to make pilgrimages to the holy city of Abydos, the cult center of the god Osiris.

tutankhamun model boats Em-0-010

tutankhamun model boats Ahr0cd10

these are wto photos I have downloaded.

david
Back to top Go down

tutankhamun model boats Empty
PostSubject: Re: tutankhamun model boats   tutankhamun model boats EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 4:44 pm

paintwork on them has lasted a danmed sight longer than is does on my boats lol.  lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

tutankhamun model boats
Page 1 of 1