TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dead Forum?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RichardaBeattie
Midshipman
Midshipman

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Can't see any 2018 posts.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 9:43 pm

So far this year there have been 1419 posts since jan 2018, I would suggest clicking top right of the screen to check current posts since your last visit, if none show then you’ll have to manually look down the far right of the menu and check the post dates, you’ll find most posts are in the “build blog” section but also check he paddle boat and vintage sections as some builds are going on there.

Admin

Dead Forum? F26c1d10

RichardaBeattie
Midshipman
Midshipman

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 10:25 pm

Don't understand.  Click where?  When I try View posts since last visit I see only two.  Please give me ful;er instructions!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 12:44 am

On the far right of the screen you’ll see the “last post” collum which show the last posts made in that section.

On the far left of the screen you can see the forum sections to where posts are going.

Sometimes the “view post since last visit” link doesn’t always show you the last posts as it’s an on going error in the html coding so the site refreshes your screen and the last posts are no longer visible to you using that menu.

However like I said before you can either check the right hand of the screen and scroll down to see the last posts in each section or using the left side of the screen open each section and view the posts, again doing this will also on the right hand of the screen show you the last posts made, date and time along with the poster... to view the last post on that topic you will see the posters name, there is a little blank page symbol just click that and it will take you to the end post.

Or you can open the topic subjects on the left and start at page 1, post 1.

The forum is broken down into sections, each for its own purpose, we mainly get a lot of posts on topics in the “build log” section which is where most people choose to post there current projects, however there are other sections on the forum where builds are also taking place under there own theme/style/period. This helps members look at things they are interest in rather than jumping around on other blogs and posts that don’t take their fancy.

There are also help sections for crafting knowledge in various subjects. Close to the bottom of the main forum home page, and nearly the top are sections for general questions, chit chat etc.

There is also a dedicated help section right near the top to help members use the forum and its functions, from uploading photos to YouTubing, and other various helpful tips.

And that’s all I can say to help you use the forum, just click on things you’ll get use to it,

I’ve kept this forum as simple as possible to use, many are vastly more complicated.

Hope this helps!

Admin

Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 12:50 am

On a side note if your having issues not seeing recent posts I can only blame your pc or phone... they tend to have crappy cashes, in this event reset the forum cookies located bottom right of the screen, this will fix most issues with how you see the forum..

As a warning it may log you out once you do thy but just log back in and you should be good to go.

Dead Forum? 9b55d010

barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 7:39 am

RR

There is something strange going on with the Forum.  I have never been able to see the year in the date of the last post in the Index. If I clear Forum Cookies and reload the Index, then the year shows. As soon as I Log In again the year vanishes. I've tried this with three different browsers in Win10, plus Android and Linux.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
RichardaBeattie
Midshipman
Midshipman

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 8:35 am

In the General Modelling area Last Posts shows my two recent posts at the top.  The third post is dated 10/11/17.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 11:53 am

It’s hard to say what this cause is, I’ve yet to have any issues like this, I’ve run this forum on a win 7, 8, 10 and my Linux penguin IOS ( on my Alienware x19 gaming laptop) all in either chrome, Firefox, or IE, my Xbox ones built in browser ( a variation of IE) but most of the time almost 99% of the last couple of years I’ve run the forum through my iphones safari browser and never had issues.

Let me take a look at the issue and see if there’s a fix, it could be something as simple as a calendar fault.

Although I hate to say it.... it’s could also be your computers/phones, dated technology can become problematic when hosting systems update more frequently than windows.

Ild also like to see if this is effecting only you two or are there others having this issue?

2 people with similar issues I would put down to something on your end rather than the forum but if the numbers rise that would show an issues server side.

This is my home page snap shot from a few moments ago as you can see the forum displays perfectly and shows the full date and year on the posts, along with posts marked today.

Dead Forum? D2968010

RichardaBeattie
Midshipman
Midshipman

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 12:38 pm

OK - I will get my IT guru to either join and see if he can work it out or get him to take over my PC using Teamviewer.  But not for a day or two.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 12:48 pm

RR

All my systems are up todate. This "problem" has existed ever since I first joined the forum. Just a thought - you are the Administrator - maybe that is significant?

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Right I got a fix.... I found it after studying my screenshots and noticed I was getting on one account posts were almost a day ahead in time....

However this is a user preference. To do with your time zone and how you wish to view the date formate on the forum.

You need to fix the way the forum is viewed via your PROFILE

So top of your screen you’ll see Profile...

Click “profile”

And it will open to your profile account.

Next tab over you will see “Prefrences”

At the base of that menu page you will see the time zone to which u need to change to your current time zone or one that is most suited.

Under it you will also see the date format

You can pick a number of ways the forums date is displayed, in my case I have ...day>number>Month>year>time.

Once you have picked the right time zone and the right date layout you simply hit save/apply and the changes are automatic and you should have the same view I do from now on.

Time zone is purely optional, but date formate is what people are having issues with so focus on that for the fix.

Photos to show what and where....
Any issues keep posting

Dead Forum? B4ee1710

Dead Forum? 79c34910

Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 3:36 pm

I’ll take this moment to also apologies for blaming old pcs and window phones, I have bad habits for beating on anything 2 years old run on windows ( especially since windows 8.1,10 and windows tile systems came into being)

They have to be the worse and slowest OS’s I’ve every played with I’m now firmly a Linux user since windows hashed up there systems in an attempt to make them “ user friendly”

Admin

Dead Forum? 8ad67810

barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Thanks Aron - I've looked at my profile many times and totally failed to see that option Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed. I did sort out the timezone but missed the date format. It was never a really big deal, just slightly annoying.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Hellmut1956
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 9:28 pm

I am seeing more and more naval modelers switching to Facebook. It promotes the attitude to publish photos to satisfy the egos of those doing so. A really valuable report i.e. building from scratch is a place where we share our work, where we help those asking for support and try to learn from those who publish.
I have given Facebook a try and decided not to use it for naval modelers reports.
Back to top Go down
raaartygunner
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Hellmut1956 wrote:
I am seeing more and more naval modelers switching to Facebook. It promotes the attitude to publish photos to satisfy the egos of those doing so. A really valuable report i.e. building from scratch is a place where we share our work, where we help those asking for support and try to learn from those who publish.
I have given Facebook a try and decided not to use it for naval modelers reports.

Agree, facebok is not suitable as a modelling tool/build information platform, stick with the forum. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 10:44 pm

raaartygunner wrote:
Hellmut1956 wrote:

Agree, facebok is not suitable as a modelling tool/build information platform, stick with the forum. Smile Smile Smile

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 10:38 pm

I see more and more people quitting face book everyday, I’m even at the point now where I really only go in to keep in touch with my mother with the kids photos and such being a whole world apart... besides that it’s a dying platform, I had st one point though about doing a YouTube blog with videos of work progress... honestly that was just to much agrovation for its own good and he first video I tried it took me 2 hours to edit and compress the video file, sub dubbing, sounds etc etc and for what really? Nope I’ll stick to photos and the forum and you guys can get what I got when I got it!

Sometimes the only forum is a forum!

Aron

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 12:51 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Forum?   Dead Forum? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Forum?
Page 1 of 1