TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Josie Olsen

Go down 
+3
barriew
troutrunner
Roadrunner
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 12:52 pm

Grrrrrr 0c tonight 11c tomorrow at least I got the clear top coat on the decals   Global warming   lol! lol! a colder an wettest winter in a lot of years.

Hopefully I'll get the decals on tomorrow and some pic's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 1:34 pm

just to cheer you up matey......glorious cloudless sky today with 26 c today...…….oh what a lovely summer we are having.

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_8830

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_8831

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_8832
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 1:30 am

Cloudless night cold point was -2c at 8am dew on grass was frozen solid a chilly trip to the shops brrrrrrr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 7:09 am

Grrrr even sprayed flat and left horizontal it somehow slid sideways  :oops :oops :oops :oops :oops

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_1110
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 6:44 am

Sprayed some clear into a cup then put  it in an airbrush bottle added thinners then sprayed the decal paper worked well with the thin coat of acrylic clear.

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_1112

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_1111
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 7:56 am

very nice Damien I like the decals  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 8:24 am

Thanks David. 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 5:29 pm

she's a real peach, bonza mate, a rickapoody and a fandoodly

honestly Damien, she is a real beauty...….you must be very proud of her.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Looks great can’t wait to see her adventure at sea!

2thumbsup

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 1:00 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 7:00 am

2thumbsup What a great job you have made Damien. 2thumbsup I love her, she's a beauty 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 7:11 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup Thanks Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 8:49 am

I've been pondering how to stop water ingress at the slot the paddle shaft sits in, the deck structure covers most of it on the inside with still enough room for considerable water ingress.

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_1113

Decided on 2mm pvc and asked missus very nicely if she had any thin felt in her craft stuff I scored some 1mm white felt, made her a coffee
The plan is to saturate the felt with oil or melted grease. Ideas welcome.

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_1114

Sitting in position when assembled and bolted in position I'll fit a collar or perhaps a spring between the wheels to the paddle shaft to hold the cover in place.

Josie Olsen - Page 11 Img_1115

The decal for Josie's  name decal on one side had a fault so I applied a wet rag and soaked it off and made another today all being well I'll apply it tomorrow as well.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Nothing wrong with that solution, but I would worry about long term damage from an oil of graded soaked rag on the hull that may end up rotating or catching on the paddles, also the amount of dirt that the grease will pick up may lead to further damage...

Only other suggestion I have is to fit some type of bushing to the shaft, and silicon the bush and the remaining hole to create a water tight seal, that way should you need to remove the paddles for any reason you simply have to run a blade down the slot to release the silicon and refill once done. Can be a long winded to keep resealing it every time but maybe in this case it’s the a way to go without introducing the risk of damage to the boat.

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 2:21 pm

I hear you Aron I had a thought (yeah strange I know) it was to use medical grade petroleum jelly.   Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Sadly that stuff is water soluble, it wouldn’t last 5 mins with the paddle going.

You could always make an insert from plastic with a backing that you can screw to the hull inside, then run some Vaseline on the plate to help seal it, that’s a quick way to remove the plate but also keep the slot sealed, the plate may also be a little taller than the hull line so when the tops on it also seals the join line as well.

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 2:31 am

I won't bother to much chances are it'll sit on a shelf for 99.9999999999% of it's life. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 12:10 am

Damien wrote:
I won't bother to much chances are it'll sit on a shelf for 99.9999999999% of it's life. Sad Sad Sad
sounds like my models Damien...…

however, have you thought of car body grommets that fit into a car bulkhead and wire pass through them...…..easy to fit and quite waterproof.

Link here
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 am

I also use those type gromets usually for when I drill bulkheads so I can pass cables up and down a boat so the cables don’t start getting frayed or rubbing about the frame.

But they would be a method to help seal providing you can also seal the slot.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josie Olsen   Josie Olsen - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Josie Olsen
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Modelling Categories & Archived Build Logs :: Paddle Boats-
Jump to: