Interesting day in the past I've used a stewed fruit can to melt the lead in on a camping stove with a vice grips as a handle and was somewhat awkward so I added a pouring lip to an old soup ladle that I now use for paint and polyester resin.
About 3/4 poured.
Separated to assist cooling.
Back together ready for next casting not as much scorching as I expected
Also showing the product of the first cast.
The second cast went well with all slots filled things went haywire when I tried to tap the buttons from the mold I assume the heat destroyed the resins holding the wood together it split down the middle and ended in 5 pieces all is no lost I have 55 weights of various sizes.
This pic shows the approximate weight and sizes of the weights all up I managed to get 55 buttons in 5 sizes with an all up weight of 2.o45kg.
The lesson learned from this I believe to be larger gaps between holes on the mold & it should last longer.