TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? Empty
PostSubject: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Who is Father Goose,( no not Cary grant from the film of the same name) but the person that keeps rattling cages and being banned from other forums..................it seems that he is now on a downward spiral on the Model Boats forum.

I can't see where he gets his information and what substance he has for making his comments.......but they seem to hit a sore point each time he appears from the undergrowth to fire his broadside at the establishment and then disappear as quickly as he has appeared................just wonder who he/she is??

anyone know???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:51 am

Never seen him.
Back to top Go down
Paul T
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Paul T

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:48 pm

I can't say who he / she is but the postings certainly put the feline amongst the columbidae.....go on look it up.....what I do know is that any postings by Father Goose are jumped upon and removed or blocked very quickly.

I appreciate that Father Goose could be interpreted as a mischief maker but the question that had been raised on the model boat forum had, in my opinion, validity from the point of raising questions about the magazines editorial style.
I had thought the question could have developed into a decent discussion but the thread was removed almost immediately and whilst I respect the authority of the moderator to remove inappropriate comments I didn't see any problem with the points that had been raised.

Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 12:07 am

It's called freedom of speech Paul, what our fore fathers fought tyranny and fascism for, and so long as posts aren't slanderous or libellous then one should be allowed to put their points of view forward. neil.
Back to top Go down
Father Goose
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 4:08 pm

I am Father Goose and I exist behind the lines occasionally popping out of my hidden foxhole to bring you news.
No I am not Neil P nor am I Paul T or Dave M and to protect the identity of my sources I will never come out of hiding.

Ed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 4:53 pm

well, Father Goose...........now that we have cleared one thing up, I do hope you will play nicely without any upset to others please!

That is all we ask on here, as the forum runs sweetly, smoothly and above all without any hassle, and has been doing so for the past 3 or more years.
neil.
Back to top Go down
Father Goose
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 4:57 pm

I promise to behave and be a good little boy / girl and if it pleases you I wont even discuss he who must not be mentioned.

Boring though isn't it?

Ed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 5:44 pm

cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 6:29 pm

the question is though, FG.........are you a model ship builder or a wooden spoon maker,  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol! 

if the former, would you like to show us some of your work, or would that be giving the show away, confused  confused  confused  confused
Back to top Go down
Father Goose
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:03 pm

I am a very good builder of both model boats and spoons. But if i show my work the cat would be out of the bag
Back to top Go down
Father Goose
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:31 am

How many members of this forum read model boat magazine and how many of you think that the content has become bland and even boring.
Where is the excitement of Vic Smeeds era.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 12:07 pm

It's possibly so, who knows?

there were some wonderful projects ongoing in John Cundell's time, but sadly it now seems that all this has as you say become bland.

anyone else like to comment.......but keep it legal please, or for the first time on here I'll have to moderate, lol

Last edited by nhp651 on Sat May 31, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Father Goose
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:00 pm

Is the magazine being deliberately dumbed down to reduce interest so that the publishers can  have an excuse to move from print to an online platform only.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Father Goose wrote:
Is the magazine being deliberately dumbed down to reduce interest so that the publishers can  have an excuse to move from print to an online platform only.

well, well,**  sorry FG, I have heard that phrase twice now in 24 hours from two "different people" ?????........very interesting that you have made that point............I cannot answer that as I don't know the reasons to the inside dealings as I am not Father goose............but it is interesting that two "different" people have asked me that in the space of 1 day????

Perhaps you could raise that question with one of the CEO's called Owen Davies.....I'm sure you know of him, and then let us all know so that subscriptions are/aren't renewed which ever your preference.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? EmptySat May 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Wonders if i should be getting my ban button ready

As Neil stated i have kept the forum drama free for the past 3 years and i have no issues in banning people who want to shit stir or antagonise members, frankly if comments aren't constructive to the forum as a source of USEFUL information then don't post.

I should also mention that IP tracking is not past my ability along with the ability to trace you back to the Exact house you live at. 
Animality on the net is for ignorant fools who don;t understand their is always someone smarter then you out there! 

Mwhaha rant over back to you Neil  Thumbup

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????   Who is FATHER GOOSE..????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is FATHER GOOSE..?????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: